Have we overlooked the Ursinos?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Have we overlooked the Ursinos?

Post by Moscone65 »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:05 pm
Moscone65 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:42 am Good research Cabrini
Thanks, it's still ongoing. So much info to sort through, all of it interesting and interconnected too...
Even here north of Toronto the gossip hang around guys that go to the cafes don’t have a clear full picture of what’s going on with all these clans/families/beefs. All the ndrangheta stuff gets confusing for sure
falco
Straightened out

Post by falco »

The inmate also stated that at an unspe ... (E A—23S.)

i posted this a few days ago in the basciano thread. gigliotti is associated with tough tony, has to be the same castellano
falco
Straightened out

Post by falco »

The inmate also stated that at an unspecified previous time Anthony Federici had given `Hippy' Zanfardino permission to kill Randy Pizzolo and Chris Castellano."
https://casetext.com/case/us-v-basciano-38

sorry
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

And thanks to this article I now know how and who killed Chris Castellano . I remember when this hit happened and I thought it was Gambinos . Turns out it was Ndrangheta and he was up to his eyeballs in Drugs provided by the Ndrangheta .
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Info on the Locride clans.....

'Ndrangheta: 116 arrests among the Locride clans
PRINTDetails Published: 04 July 2017
car stop 500by Emiliano Federico Caruso

A vast and complex operation brought together various lines of investigation to dismantle the leaders of 23 Calabrian clans, reconstructing their mechanisms and hierarchies.

With the "Mandatory Ionic" operation, which also led to the preventive seizure of a real estate complex and 13 companies, over a thousand carabinieri between the Locri investigation team, the Bianco company, the Reggio Calabria operational department and the agents of the During the night, ROS arrested 116 exponents (with 291 registered in the register of suspects) of 23 clans of Locride, practically all those active in the area, including the 'ndrine of Sinopoli, a village of Aspromonte that has always been considered a strategic connection area with the Gioia Tauro clans.

The investigation, already known as "Royal Operation" and among the largest and most important ever carried out so far, is the result of the analysis of documents, interceptions, statements by collaborators of justice and the union of various investigative strands including the " Blu Notte "of ROS in Reggio Calabria and the various" Ivy "," Eirene "," Arcadia "," Meta "," Intreccio "," Crime "," Wisdom, "Solare", "Acero", "Vorsa" and others , and led to the arrest of affiliates divided between the municipalities of Africo, Bovalino, San Luca, Bianco, Ardore, Ferruzzano, Platì, Careri, Sant'Ilario, Portigliola, Bova, Roghudi, San Lorenzo, Condofuri, Palizzi, Melito Porto Salvo and Locri.

The 140 counts of indictment include practically the entire manual of the perfect Camorra, including the mafia association (416 bis), illegal port of arms, money laundering, fraud, extortion, fictitious registration of goods, auction disturbance and fraudulent transfer of values. All this aggravated by the clear intention of favoring the clans thanks also to infiltrations in public contracts, in particular those for the award of public housing, for the construction of the new Palace of Justice, the Santa Marta Solidarity Center, the local Youth Hostel and the Sibari-Monasterace railway line. So far no links have emerged with the policy, with the exception of the involvement, still to be clarified, of some Careri directors.

The carabinieri also discovered the existence of a sort of summit, called "Province" by the affiliates, with a rigid hierarchy within which various degrees acted between Capocrimine, Master of the day and Accountant, in addition to other codenames such as Stella , Knight of Christ, Crusade and Cape crown, related to some of the most powerful Calabrian gangs:

- The Pelle clan , considered one of the most powerful and dangerous' ndrine of the Ionian mandate, with ramifications and contacts in northern Italy, Germany and in Holland. Always active in international drug and arms trafficking, usury, money laundering, extortion, gambling and infiltration in public procurement. Right in the home of the boss Giuseppe Pelle , son of the historic chief Antonio"Gambazza" , a bug was placed during the "Reale" operation, thanks to which the most important interception in the history of the fight against 'Ndrangheta was obtained.

- The Morabito clan , another among the most powerful families in the area, historically managed by the boss Bruno Morabito and, later, by his son Giuseppe "'u tiradrittu" , who boasted ties with bosses of the caliber of Totò Riina and Luciano Liggio and , thanks to his cruel intelligence, he transformed his father's empire into a powerful crime holding dedicated to the trafficking of drugs, weapons and cigarettes. He was arrested on February 18, 2004 in Santa Venere, in Aspromonte, and the command passed to his son Rocco Morabito , so sure of himself, despite being in prison after the arrest in April 2010, that during an interception he came out his statement"I am the state here, Pe ... check. The original mafia, however, is not the poor one ” .

- I Ficara - Latella , an unstable clan that in the criminal control of the districts of Pellaro and Ravagnese has long since replaced the Barreca family, decimated by the confessions of the historic head of the company, then collaborator of justice, Filippo "'u Raggiunieri" , who also revealed certain links with the right subversion and Freemasonry.

- The gangs Cataldo and Cordì , the first with the historian boss Giuseppe "Zù Pepè" Cataldo and his son Francesco "'u prufessure" at the top , the second under the command of Domenico Cordì , killed on 23 June 1967 during the massacre of Market square, Cosimo Cordì , who was killed 30 years later, and Antonio Cordì , a fugitive after the "Primavera" investigation, arrested in early 1999 and finally died of cancer in the summer of 2007.
The Cataldo and Cordì clans were the protagonists of a bloody feud, which began in 1967 with the death of Cosimo, who saw them rivals for decades, until a (at least apparent) reconciliation, necessary to be readmitted in the consensus of the leaders of the 'ndrangheta .

- Clan Alvaro , hegemon of the Gioia Tauro area but with contacts and business also in northern Italy. Founded in the late 1800s, it reached the peak of power in the 60s of the last century thanks to drug trafficking and kidnappings. For a long time under the command of the only boss Domenico "Don Mico" Alvaro , who later died elderly in his home in the summer of 2010, then divided into the sub-clans Cudalonga, Carni 'i cani, Pajechi, Merri and Pallunari, is now considered one of the most skilled clans in the business sector.

- Serraino , 'ndrina of Reggio Calabria, mainly controls the areas of Gambarie and Cardeto, but also has branches in northern Italy. The result of the union of two groups: The Serrainos of the mountain, founded by Francesco "King of the mountains" Serraino , killed in hospital on April 23, 1986, and a second group of the same name initially under the command of Alessandro "Scilanga" Serraino .
The command of the clan, active mainly in drug trafficking, then passed to the brothers of the "King of the mountain" : Paolo , sentenced to life in the late 1990s, and Domenico Serraino, considered the last real boss of the homonymous book.

- Clan Ursino (often referred to as Ursini ), another powerful 'ndrina active in Marina di Goiosa Jonica, where for almost half a century it has had complete control over local criminal activities. Formerly allies of the Cordì and Belfiore families, the Ursinos have always been active above all in drug trafficking.

The investigation, which also involved the DDA led by the prosecutor Federico Cafiero de Raho , therefore linked a large amount of documents, names and events so far considered isolated, allowing to reconstruct the mechanisms and hierarchies up to the top of the clans and to also discover a sort of "tribunal" of the 'ndrangheta, whose existence was already hypothesized in some documents of the 1800s, in charge of autonomously regulating internal issues ...
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:29 am Kristals was a madhouse. Strippers going down water slides, giant vodka shoots and every kind of debauchery known to man. Eventually the moolies discovered it and you couldn’t go without possibility of getting shot but it was great while it lasted.
Where was Kristals?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

bert wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:27 am
Where was Kristals?
Queens
MarcoW
On Record

Post by MarcoW »

Bklyn21 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:57 am Didn't Lorenzo Maninno marry some Ndrangheta boss's daughter ? I think someone posted it on this forum recently and I read it somewhere else online . Don't know how true it is ? And if it is I wonder what significance it holds for the Gambinos and Maninno and others ? I can't wait for the next big indictment , Possibly one relating to Gambinos , The Sicilians and Ndrangheta and an international scope , IF that even happens for whatever reasons. And this is stuff , Scenarios I'm thinking up in my head

is that true that Mannino is connected to a Ndrangheta clan or is that wrong? Which ndrina?