BEST and WORST Mob Hits

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: BEST and WORST Mob Hits

Post by Ivan »

Confederate wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:51 pm St. Valentines Day Massacre because it was so brazen. Guys dressed like cops lining up several guys against a wall and shooting them.
Unbelievable and way ahead of its time in my opinion.
I see your point about its sheer ballsy-ness, but all the guys who did it got whacked or died in jail, and it turned the public against Capone and brought down a ton of heat that lead to his downfall. I'd consider it an overall failure in terms of long-term strategy, though it really did pretty much neutralize the North Side Mob.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

I still rank Hoffa over Sam though
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

I also like the Galante hit, because of the picture of the cigar still in his mouth
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

The ones where no one was convicted and little heat came are the best. Giancana, Hoffa. Anastasia bring too much attention, all though it went off perfectly. Anthony Strollo may have been the best ever. He was high profile, but little heat came after he was gone, and no one was ever caught.

Thomas Eboli was killed on the streets no one was ever caught, plus the heat it bought on the mafia was not as big as it might have been. That was more a product of Carlo Gambino being such a big magnet for all mafia attention at the time. If a killing happened, the media was told it was him right off the bat, and the rumors would spread and grow. Eboli was killed in an internal Genovese feud but all attention went the wrong way.

The Saint Valentines Day Massacre was not a Mafia killing, but everyone got away. It's still the worst because of all the attention it bought to all sides in the Capone-Moran feud. It caused the biggest crackdown they had seen. It ruined both Moran and Capone.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:18 pm I still rank Hoffa over Sam though
Hoffa is a good one too.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

bert wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:14 pm The Saint Valentines Day Massacre was not a Mafia killing
It technically was, given that Capone was a capo in the Masseria family by the time it occurred, and he probably gave the ultimate order to Maddox and Capezio.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Manf
Straightened out

Post by Manf »

John Vesey hit and that idiot who had the wrong shotgun shells in Philly rank up there among the worst.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Ivan wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:21 pm
bert wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:14 pm The Saint Valentines Day Massacre was not a Mafia killing
It technically was, given that Capone was a capo in the Masseria family by the time it occurred, and he probably gave the ultimate order to Maddox and Capezio.
I have to disagree Ivan, I don't think he was ever made. He was under Torrio, who was made, but Capone was just an associate. I know that over the years and on this site many will disagree, which is fine. As to who did it for him, one informer or LE expert says one thing, another gives different names.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

MichaelGiovanni wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:47 pm
Worst was Costello. Point blank range and Chin just grazed his skull. Why didn’t he empty his gun on him?
Agreed. Very poorly executed hit.

I read a story some time ago (I think it came from Earnie Rupolo) about a mob guy who managed to run away from the shooter, although being shot. But the gunman was overwight and couldn´t catch up with him. The guy who was shot, ran around the block and came up behind the shooter probably accidentally. In the meantime, police had arrived and brought them bought into questioning. The intended target was mad and asked the shooter why he had shot him. The shooter was furious and asked the victim why he had run away from him. Lol. Both seems retarded to me,
There you have it, never printed before.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

bert wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:29 pm
Ivan wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:21 pm
I have to disagree Ivan, I don't think he was ever made. He was under Torrio, who was made, but Capone was just an associate. I know that over the years and on this site many will disagree, which is fine. As to who did it for him, one informer or LE expert says one thing, another gives different names.
The TITLE of the Thread is the "Best and Worst MOB Hits". It doesn't say Best and Worst Mafia hits.
It was a well executed hit way ahead of its time and the Outfit became bigger than ever after Capone went to Jail for tax evasion. In other words, the St. Valentines' Day Massacre didn't stop the Outfit. lol
As for Capone, he was made in New York. Villain and other fine researchers can verify it with documentation. However, even if he wasn't made when the St. Valentines's Day Massacre happened, (which is untrue) that is irrelevant to the subject matter of the TITLE of this thread.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Hard to pick out the best but for the worst mob hit its probably either the DiPietro hit from philly in 2012 or the Eppolito murders in nyc in 1979. In both hits, atleast one of the shooters were caught within no time and both hits were too out in the open.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

If it was indeed a mob hit, then I'd have to say the Kennedy assassination is the best.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:07 pm
Cheech wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:41 pm Best. Anastasia.
Worst. Castellano. Created a shit storm afterwards.
I actually thought the Castellano hit itself was brilliant. The russian hats, the christmas shopping...the confusion...If sammy never rats maybe it gets by. But they did involve a lot of fucking people for it.
I actually thought the Castellano hit was good. What happened after rest soley on the shoulders of John Gotti and his ego. Things could have been much different after Big Paul was hit had Gotti not needed the public's attention so much. The bad things about the that hit. Waaay too many people involved. If that happened today there would have been arrests within a month as someone would have flipped and a domino effect of rats would have happened like what happened with Massino. But the reason so many people were involved was because its was an unsanctioned hit on a boss and the more people Gotti had involved in it the more people would be in his corner because they were in the same boat as him. Gotti could have had Frank DeCicco go to Pauls house(as he was a regular there) shot Paul dead in his own home and removed the body never to be found. But Gotti needed as many people involved in his murder as possible as a buffer for him self from the rest of LCN in NY. Just my 2 cents.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Eline2015 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:17 pm Probably most of the worst hits are on the record of Philly from 90s
Yep. Total Gang banger street gang shit Which is what they really were at the time. Drug dealers and nickel dime sports books. No real union control there.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Frank wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:14 pm I also like the Galante hit, because of the picture of the cigar still in his mouth
Iconic hit...all involved later arrested I believe due to Bruno leaving his print on the car. If they pulled it off without getting caught would have been better.