Could you be a wiseguy???

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: Could you be a wiseguy???

Post by JCB1977 »

Frankie Lentine's grandfather was my great grandfather's brother, who were both murdered in 1924/1925 to the date, as they both were state leaders in the Black Hand, so I knew Frank very well as he and my dad are cousins.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

I could see myself as an associate, the kind to dabble in a few things here and there but a full fledged killer and gangster? Don't think I could do it. You would have to hurt my best friends or family to catch a bullet from me, not because someone wants him clipped to gain access to their rackets.

After all, I come from a family of bootleggers who made huge quantities of illegal whiskey so the outlaw nature is in my blood and I've broke a few laws here and there like the rest here more than likely and have even created my own few rackets that made good money while it lasted. Was well known "over the net" but not anywhere else. It involved some computer software and some cards and that's all I'll say (no it wasn't credit cards or identity theft, that's for the tweakers and addicts).

Sent from my LG G2 4GLTE via Verizon
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Shortly after I came home from Viet Nam, I was having breakfast with the three top 3 Pittsburgh LCN members: Michael Genovesse, Jo Jo Pecora and Charlie Murgie. I had know these gentlemen since I was a teenager and knew of their occupation. Although I was already college graduate, I was unemployed and infatuated with their life style. I asked if they might have a job for me. Charlie was reading the Sunday Post and threw it on the table in disgust. He said: "Read the fucking headline (Rico Act), we all are going to need to get a job"! Needless to say, I remained only a "Family Friend", not an employee ;-)
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

JCB1977 wrote:Frankie Lentine's grandfather was my great grandfather's brother, who were both murdered in 1924/1925 to the date, as they both were state leaders in the Black Hand, so I knew Frank very well as he and my dad are cousins.
He was a good guy. Helped my Dad out of a couple problems with his restaurants a few times. He was always in Campbell with the Greeks.
phatmatress
Straightened out

Post by phatmatress »

I think I would be able to do it. I'm already a 3 time convicted fellon. I changed my life drastically over the last 6 years but i don't think it would bother me. However after living a good life I have no desire to be a criminal anymore

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Meatball
Straightened out

Post by Meatball »

Couldn't do it... I don't like espresso.

Oh, and the fact I'm only half Italian - the good half.
Eddie mush
Straightened out

Post by Eddie mush »

Here is a question for the new york Guys are the wiseguys still known around the city ?? Do they still receive celebrity like treatment always getting there ass kissed ,? Never waiting for a table in a restraunt , getting free meals and drinks ?? Does the old " hey do u Know who that is " still apply ??
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Eddie mush wrote:Here is a question for the new york Guys are the wiseguys still known around the city ?? Do they still receive celebrity like treatment always getting there ass kissed ,? Never waiting for a table in a restraunt , getting free meals and drinks ?? Does the old " hey do u Know who that is " still apply ??
To a certain degree. But nowhere near as widespread as it used to be because they can't really wear it on their sleeve anymore.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Actually quite the interesting question could be a wiseguy now or in the 50's?

The 50's you had the money and power as a goodfella but they were dropping like flies. Now there's little money and certainly little power but you're a good chance to live out your days without getting hit and hell, roll to avoid that jail time.

But end of the day you'll never be happy unless you're proud of what you see in the mirror. And a cheap hard days work will ALWAYS feel better than screwing someone over for an easy dime. Always.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

East Bronx wrote:
Eddie mush wrote:Here is a question for the new york Guys are the wiseguys still known around the city ?? Do they still receive celebrity like treatment always getting there ass kissed ,? Never waiting for a table in a restraunt , getting free meals and drinks ?? Does the old " hey do u Know who that is " still apply ??
To a certain degree. But nowhere near as widespread as it used to be because they can't really wear it on their sleeve anymore.

and thats NYC, imagine the little cities around it. different times. there is no more "neighborhood" per se. everyone in burbs. no cares if you're connected. you may have the one or two groupie types and certain delis and places attract certain people. but those days are long over. most young people dont even think the mob is real. ill give you an example. when my wife and i were first dating back in 2000 we drove past a neighborhood deli. i mention don't eat there cause its a front and there is no turnover. cold cuts old etc. she has no clue what a front means. i say its a bookie joint. still nothing. i say mafia. she goes but thats just on tv.

and im not in nowheresville, usa.

its over.

now are there still remnants. yes. but the old days are long long long long gone. that Bonanno bust with the guys wearing Ecko is the new LCN.

best thing for you to do now is get a job that a robot cannot do.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Cheech wrote:
East Bronx wrote:

and thats NYC, imagine the little cities around it. different times. there is no more "neighborhood" per se. everyone in burbs. no cares if you're connected. you may have the one or two groupie types and certain delis and places attract certain people. but those days are long over. most young people dont even think the mob is real. ill give you an example. when my wife and i were first dating back in 2000 we drove past a neighborhood deli. i mention don't eat there cause its a front and there is no turnover. cold cuts old etc. she has no clue what a front means. i say its a bookie joint. still nothing. i say mafia. she goes but thats just on tv.

and im not in nowheresville, usa.

its over.

now are there still remnants. yes. but the old days are long long long long gone. that Bonanno bust with the guys wearing Ecko is the new LCN.

best thing for you to do now is get a job that a robot cannot do.
Before Carmen DiNunzio was arrested, I went with my gf to the Cheese Shoppe. He was there, in a wife beater with an apron taking orders behind the counter, I ordered several different kinds, left the place and there were 3 20 somes in leather blazers hanging around the place (Sopranos class 101). After getting back to the hotel, I informed my girl that we bought cheese from the underboss of the New England Mafia. She was amazed, prior to that she knew I researched OC and asked if I was scared. She had this hidden-enemy-may-fia-makes-things-disappear idea that I had to dispel to her. True story. His store could have been any NY-themed Puerto Rican ran pizzeria in the US of A. Painting on the wall of baseball players of NE fame and signed local little league photos.

If that's Italian organized crime circa 2010, that's pretty embarrassing. Just saying.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

chris, if thats a true story then yes, thats the new LCN. and im from right in the middle of boston and new york in new haven. and its not like new haven doesnt have its thing going on. it does. way more in the shadows now. card games change all the time. this place, that place. betting online, etc.

put it this way. no 19 year old girl goes out and hopes to find a connected guy in a cadillac flaunting money at a nightclub he took over due to gambling debt. she is looking for a meathead to fuck.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Cheech wrote:put it this way. no 19 year old girl goes out and hopes to find a connected guy in a cadillac flaunting money at a nightclub he took over due to gambling debt. she is looking for a meathead to fuck.
The cachet is long gone. The life used to have cachet up the ying-yang, but not anymore.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Chris Christie wrote: Before Carmen DiNunzio was arrested, I went with my gf to the Cheese Shoppe. He was there, in a wife beater with an apron taking orders behind the counter, I ordered several different kinds, left the place and there were 3 20 somes in leather blazers hanging around the place (Sopranos class 101). After getting back to the hotel, I informed my girl that we bought cheese from the underboss of the New England Mafia. She was amazed, prior to that she knew I researched OC and asked if I was scared. She had this hidden-enemy-may-fia-makes-things-disappear idea that I had to dispel to her. True story. His store could have been any NY-themed Puerto Rican ran pizzeria in the US of A. Painting on the wall of baseball players of NE fame and signed local little league photos.

If that's Italian organized crime circa 2010, that's pretty embarrassing. Just saying.
On paper it sounds like a throwback to the days when the local baker with flour on his arms and face was secretly a capo.

But I know what you're saying. The reality is this guy has a limited sphere of influence, is well-known to anyone with an internet connection, and at best he's passing the tradition on to a bunch of guys who six years ago had those fanned out Growing Up Gotti haircuts while he goes and eats gruel in federal prison.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

B. wrote:
Chris Christie wrote: Before Carmen DiNunzio was arrested, I went with my gf to the Cheese Shoppe. He was there, in a wife beater with an apron taking orders behind the counter, I ordered several different kinds, left the place and there were 3 20 somes in leather blazers hanging around the place (Sopranos class 101). After getting back to the hotel, I informed my girl that we bought cheese from the underboss of the New England Mafia. She was amazed, prior to that she knew I researched OC and asked if I was scared. She had this hidden-enemy-may-fia-makes-things-disappear idea that I had to dispel to her. True story. His store could have been any NY-themed Puerto Rican ran pizzeria in the US of A. Painting on the wall of baseball players of NE fame and signed local little league photos.

On paper it sounds like a throwback to the days when the local baker with flour on his arms and face was secretly a capo.

But I know what you're saying. The reality is this guy has a limited sphere of influence, is well-known to anyone with an internet connection, and at best he's passing the tradition on to a bunch of guys who six years ago had those fanned out Growing Up Gotti haircuts while he goes and eats gruel in federal prison.
I understand the "mob culture" has a certain style, but bearing in mind that it's a criminal conspiracy, why operate out in the open like that? Who hangs around a fucking cheese shop all day? One of these kids who was about the same age as I am was drinking expresso and sitting back, reminded me of Jackie Aprile Jr. You just can't get away with shit that you used to. So going back to "could you be a wiseguy," I don't know how it is/was for most people but I spent one fucking day in jail, just one. It sucks, you're stuck in a room with a bunch of assholes, you can't leave. One day was enough for me to know I never want to be back in that situation. When I read someone posting "why did he flip? He only only got 5 years" lets me know they've never had any time in jail. And with the technology the FBI has at their disposal, they're at the finish line and the game has not begun. In 2015, how many LCN members do you think the FBI doesn't know about? That fly under the radar for any extended period of time?.. Everything everyone does gets put into a folder and when it's time to indict the FBI has a buffet of shit in which to create a plate with for the DA. To think that you are the one that's gonna buck that system and get away with it for the longterm is delusional.