Cleveland

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Cleveland

Post by Wiseguy »

NothingNew44 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:56 pmDo you think the status of being “made” holds any weight in circles external to LCN as say it did 25-30 years ago? Where street gangs or other ethnic groups understood that these individuals were not to be trifled with.
I think it still holds weight, though not as much as it once did.
All roads lead to New York.
Tocco686
Straightened out

Post by Tocco686 »

So who are the few guys left in Cleveland. Is Russell “RJ” Papalardo still around doing anything? Is Carmine Agnello connected to Cleveland in any way. I saw on the charts they had him still connected to the Gambino's. And I'm sorry if this is already common knowledge but I know nothing of Cleveland, who is Joe Loose?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Tocco686 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:50 am So who are the few guys left in Cleveland. Is Russell “RJ” Papalardo still around doing anything? Is Carmine Agnello connected to Cleveland in any way. I saw on the charts they had him still connected to the Gambino's. And I'm sorry if this is already common knowledge but I know nothing of Cleveland, who is Joe Loose?

The last remaining Cleveland members are Joseph "Joe Loose" Iacobacci/68, Russell Papalardo/77, Ronald Lucarelli Jr/61 and Ronald "Ronnie the Crab" Carabbia/89. The first 3 names were active into the early/mid 2000s but I don't know about now.

Agnello is a Gambino member. He just happened to be living and operating in Cleveland. Don't know if he had any connections to the Cleveland LCN.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:17 pm
NothingNew44 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:56 pmDo you think the status of being “made” holds any weight in circles external to LCN as say it did 25-30 years ago? Where street gangs or other ethnic groups understood that these individuals were not to be trifled with.
Imo it depends on the outside person, a mob history fan/criminal would most likely give the member some respect. But a genuine tough guy isn't gonna care one bit about it, especially when it comes to doing any business with them.
I get it....first rule of fight club.
SDO
Prospect

Post by SDO »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:10 am
Tocco686 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:50 am So who are the few guys left in Cleveland. Is Russell “RJ” Papalardo still around doing anything? Is Carmine Agnello connected to Cleveland in any way. I saw on the charts they had him still connected to the Gambino's. And I'm sorry if this is already common knowledge but I know nothing of Cleveland, who is Joe Loose?

The last remaining Cleveland members are Joseph "Joe Loose" Iacobacci/68, Russell Papalardo/77, Ronald Lucarelli Jr/61 and Ronald "Ronnie the Crab" Carabbia/89. The first 3 names were active into the early/mid 2000s but I don't know about now.

Agnello is a Gambino member. He just happened to be living and operating in Cleveland. Don't know if he had any connections to the Cleveland LCN.

Pogo

Pogo,

Any thoughts on William " Billy D" Dileano being A made member?

https://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/wi ... id=1488711

I believe the general consensus is that Joseph "Joe Loose" Iacobacci was A FBI informant. Its mentioned in this article above. I have read this on other sites in the past. Does anyone know anything about this ?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

First I heard about Iacobacci being an informant. He served time during the 80s and 90s so I wouldn't think so but who knows.

As for Dileno his name was on some internet lists of made members during the early 2000s but I don't recall it ever seeing it confirmed.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

DPG wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:32 pm
Imo it depends on the outside person, a mob history fan/criminal would most likely give the member some respect. But a genuine tough guy isn't gonna care one bit about it, especially when it comes to doing any business with them.
Any criminal in a place like NYC is gonna know to respect made men. Now if you get some hoodlum from Atlanta, he may not give a shit at first, until they sent a few guys over to tune him up with a schiaff.
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

The only thing Russell James Papalardo has been convicted in the last twenty years or so was a Speeding Ticket in Bedford, Ohio doing 51 in a 35 MPH Zone on August 15,1997 and fined $32.00. :lol:
Know which Game to Play
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

SDO wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:22 pm

Pogo

Pogo,

I believe the general consensus is that Joseph "Joe Loose" Iacobacci was A FBI informant. Its mentioned in this article above. I have read this on other sites in the past. Does anyone know anything about this ?
for a guy who is interested in writing a book about cleveland your pretty naïve , that reporter buddy of yours is way off here consider the source , loose is allot of things but a rat aint one ,
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

Stroccos wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:48 am
SDO wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:22 pm

Pogo

Pogo,

for a guy who is interested in writing a book about cleveland your pretty naïve , that reporter buddy of yours is way off here consider the source , loose is allot of things but a rat ain't one ,
I will second that - Hasn't even been brought up. Just because you are being "interviewed" by Feds doesn't make you a rat.
Know which Game to Play
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

Also If Joe Loose was a "Rat", which he isn't, the people he would have given up are still out there and nothing has happened to them
Know which Game to Play
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

FriendofFamily wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:10 am Also If Joe Loose was a "Rat", which he isn't, the people he would have given up are still out there and nothing has happened to them
some people claim loose was a rat in a gambling case in the arly 2000's because he wasnt indicted , this reporter claims the feds stepped and didnt prosocute , which isn't the case , The reason he wasnt indicted is he was insulated by his guys , they had no case on loose
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

FriendofFamily wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:32 am
The only thing Russell James Papalardo has been convicted in the last twenty years or so was a Speeding Ticket in Bedford, Ohio doing 51 in a 35 MPH Zone on August 15,1997 and fined $32.00. :lol:
51 in a 35....
risking safety
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

DPG wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:32 pm

That was my outlook as well. The general decline of the mob can’t but resonate in the minds of other criminals and have an affect on their opinions.
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

I read on B.B. Cleveland is rebuilding. Not sure where this claim is sourced.