Mob Talk Sitdown 24 1

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Re: Mob Talk Sitdown 24 1

Post by NJShore4Life »

All I know is I had to unfortunately use Eddie and the very second I attained him as my Attorney the Detectives on my case was fearful of him, I could even hear it in their voices. Best money I have ever spent in my life! I got off scotch free , which was great because I didn’t do what I was falsely accused of. Eddie Costs a fortune though! 120k-160k for just a superior court trial. Can’t imagine what he’s charging these mob guys for Federal indictments. He had to have easily charged Ligambi a half a million for his two trials, just guessing on my part from what I know.
CatStevens9
Straightened out

Post by CatStevens9 »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:31 am
NJShore4Life wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:12 am Eddie Jacobs = best attorney to ever walk the face of Earth.
Yeah he is damn good, wasnt he Leonetti's attorney when they beat the charges the first time around?
Eddie Jacobs was Lawrence Merlinos Lawyer during the Vincent Falcone trial Scarfo and Leonetti were represented by Bobby Simone. I think he was able to get Merlino immunity for the murder charge but he decided to go to trial any way.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Not immunity. I don't have time to look this up in detail in Leonneti's book but I believe Bobby Simone represented Lawrence Merlino, Jacobs represented Leonneti. Lawrence had a chance to get his case dismissed on a motion for judgment of acquittal, meaning the State had failed to present enough evidence in their case in chief that any reasonable juror could find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. They charged all three with first degree murder and Salerno could not establish that Lawrence knew Leonneti was going to shoot Vince Falcone, especially with Lawrence's eyebrow on fire. The choice was made by Lawrence to forgo the motion and keep Bobby Simone on the case to make the closing argument.

Regardless, Eddie is the best. Hands down.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

dack2001 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:14 am Not immunity. I don't have time to look this up in detail in Leonneti's book but I believe Bobby Simone represented Lawrence Merlino, Jacobs represented Leonneti. Lawrence had a chance to get his case dismissed on a motion for judgment of acquittal, meaning the State had failed to present enough evidence in their case in chief that any reasonable juror could find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. They charged all three with first degree murder and Salerno could not establish that Lawrence knew Leonneti was going to shoot Vince Falcone, especially with Lawrence's eyebrow on fire. The choice was made by Lawrence to forgo the motion and keep Bobby Simone on the case to make the closing argument.

Regardless, Eddie is the best. Hands down.
Yeah I remember this, Scarfo was like we would hate to lose Bobby in closing arguments as he apparently was shining during this case.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"