New LCNBios: Santini and Prisco (2004)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: New LCNBios: Santini and Prisco (2004)

Post by Wiseguy »

B. wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:59 pmAlso found it interesting when he says what sets the Genovese family apart is that they gossip less about crimes, particularly murders which I believe is what he's referring to here. That's been my perception over the years -- they're still gangsters and not necessarily more sophisticated as human beings, but they seem to make fewer obvious mistakes, i.e. talking about crimes, talking on the phone, etc. Though it's funny here we have Prisco recorded by a CI.
That's long been their reputation and one of the things said to set them apart from the other families - their secrecy, comparatively speaking.
All roads lead to New York.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

i think it s interesting Leo and Prisco are old East Harlem Purple Gang members.
Costigan
Straightened out

Post by Costigan »

This has been a great thread. While I'm not that familiar with the case, I'm surprised that an old timer like Prisco would allow an associate who had been introduced to his crew a year before such access to himself, a captain, and would speak so openly. I mean, Jeff Santini asks at one point "the Gambino's, that's Gotti, right?" The whole world knows the answer to that question.
One thing, did Michael Visconti suffer any repercussion for introducing Santini to the crew?
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

Very interesting how much Prisco gave the feds when they visited him in prison.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

who were Prisco's former guys that he lost during his first pinch?
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

Only things I know about Prisco directly are from what I've read but I do know one of the guys that was in that home invasion robbery crew Prisco put together, i heard they were making alot of money and had some huge scores we only know what we read about anyways he ended up ratting after he got indicted and then left the Bronx and opened up a Albanian social club around my way in Ct. I met him through another Albanian I used to work with the rats name is Dardian "Danny" Celaj he used to act real tough and from what I've heard and read he's a ruthless piece of shit been ,he grew up doing strongarm shit and violence for mobsters but when the other Albanians got word of him ratting there were guys out here looking for him they took over his social club it's called Cafe Europa next thing ya know about a month later he's in the paper on a rape charge from one of the girls that used to work for him if I remember right and he ended up pleading guilty to a lesser charge and was supposed to come back next court date and go away for 8 but he went on the run and ended up getting 13 or 14 when he got caught karmas a bitch he's a piece a shit rat and to top it off a rapist dont get me wrong he was definetely was paid and was making a good amount of money too he used to brag how connected he was and walk around like he was the toughest thing ever....all that shit don't mean a thing when your a rat not to mention a rapist if you Google his name Danny Celaj alot comes up the guy that I met Danny with is another Albanian but hes from Staten island I'm 36 he's same age he grew up and used to get a little bit of money with Lee davanzo and that Springville boys Crew what I'm saying is from what he tells me is that yea you have plenty of Albanian crews that make a shitload of money with drugs and there definetely ruthless but I bet even the same amount or more work with Italian mob guys as there muscle or in whatever role they need them as ....for what it's worth the Albanians I know no matter wether there involved in illegal activity or not work there asses off and have restaurants or other businesses they all are all set money wise and all have very strong work ethic and are loyal as he'll to eachother I apologize for going on and on i almost for got the topic Danny is just an all around piece of shit I'm sure there's a long list of guys that don't want him around anymore
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

The Greek wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:40 pm Very interesting how much Prisco gave the feds when they visited him in prison.
?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:31 pm
The Greek wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:40 pm Very interesting how much Prisco gave the feds when they visited him in prison.
?
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/lawma ... ter?page=3
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Soliai wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:47 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:23 am Shitty move erasing all his posts here but can't deny his blog is great even though I thought this months entry was underwhelming after such a long wait.
Yes. But some times we gotta take the high road. I know you still read here JD. Water under the bridge buddy. I forgive you just like I did Tommy. I’m happy to give your blog more exposure. Little back story. When I first started this place it was mainly just me Tag and Lupara talking to ourselves for a few weeks. Slowly a few more came on here and there. Then after like a month or two Dapper Don gave this forum exposure by writing a few good words about this place and shared the link to here on his blog and it created a huge wave of new recruits to this place. So helping JDs blog is me passing on DD kindness he showed me, I would hope JD would one day do the same as Dapper did, but that’s up to him.......Soliai
After the old RD closed down, Tag told me about this forum in a PM on GBB. We are from the same part
of Jersey. I have wondered what happened to Tag? Can someone tell me if she is still here? If not, why?
Thanks, SP
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

The Greek wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:29 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:31 pm
?
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/lawma ... ter?page=3
Wow. Great link. He was chatty. Maybe he got shelved and was bitter. In the earlier Seagal papers it stated Priscico WAS with the Genovese. Past tense. Maybe that’s why he got chatty.

Very interesting how Leto and Gaccione were under quiet Dom and not Prisco.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: New LCNBios: Santini and Prisco (2004)

Post by phatmatress777 »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote:
johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:23 am Shitty move erasing all his posts here but can't deny his blog is great even though I thought this months entry was underwhelming after such a long wait.
Yes. But some times we gotta take the high road. I know you still read here JD. Water under the bridge buddy. I forgive you just like I did Tommy. I’m happy to give your blog more exposure. Little back story. When I first started this place it was mainly just me Tag and Lupara talking to ourselves for a few weeks. Slowly a few more came on here and there. Then after like a month or two Dapper Don gave this forum exposure by writing a few good words about this place and shared the link to here on his blog and it created a huge wave of new recruits to this place. So helping JDs blog is me passing on DD kindness he showed me, I would hope JD would one day do the same as Dapper did, but that’s up to him.......Soliai
After the old RD closed down, Tag told me about this forum in a PM on GBB. We are from the same part
of Jersey. I have wondered what happened to Tag? Can someone tell me if she is still here? If not, why?
Thanks, SP
No shes not here. Shes gone and there was nothing we could do about it.

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

JD put up another post on his blog today. (Obscure Bonanno Members Pt1)
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:31 pm JD put up another post on his blog today. (Obscure Bonanno Members Pt1)
Great historical one. So it looks like Angelo Caruso was not a captain from the 1930s when he stepped down/was removed from the administration, but much later when Joseph Colletti died. Interesting too that Colletti was Colorado boss Vincenzo Colletti's cousin, as Vincenzo was believed to be close to Joe Bonanno.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

B. wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:47 pm Interesting too that Colletti was Colorado boss Vincenzo Colletti's cousin, as Vincenzo was believed to be close to Joe Bonanno.
Yeah absolutely the most interesting part of the post. It connects the Colorado family right to the heart of NYC.
Cheech
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: New LCNBios: Santini and Prisco (2004)

Post by Cheech »

phatmatress777 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:04 pm
SILENT PARTNERZ wrote:
Thanks, SP
No shes not here. Shes gone and there was nothing we could do about it.

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk
It was between the Italians.