Relationship between Philly and Gambino’s now

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Re: Relationship between Philly and Gambino’s now

Post by NJShore4Life »

Licata is still the Capo of the North Jersey Crew with final day but he has Big Lou running the day to day of that crew.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Day= say (autocorrect)
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:56 am A dispute between Philly and the DeCavalcante was discussed I believe. If I remember right they also talked about Phillys ongoing problems with Nick Scarfo Jr. trying to recruit their members.

Pogo
yes. thats exactly what it was.
and like that...he was gone
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Teddy Persico wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:33 am The only Philly guys Nicky Skins recorded were Ligambi, Licata, Fazzini and Staino. Ligambi and Licata beat the charges, Fazzini pleaded guilty to gambling and theft and Staino was burned because he was caught on tape threatening an FBI agent posing as a loan shark customer. The tape didn't end up doing any damage to Philly. I think a bigger thing effecting their relationship is that all the Gambino guys at the meeting (John Gambino, Stefanelli, Trucchio and Michael Roccaforte) except Lorenzo Mannino and Joe Gambino are dead or currently in prison.
Salut. Interesting factors to wonder on. While we see what happens, what are your thoughts? Do you think the relationship will change or remain the same?
moneyman wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:56 am The Merlino/Genovese relationship is puzzling because it implies that Philly works with both the Genovese and Gambinos (I was under the assumption the Philly/Gambino relationship was exclusive, similar to the Decavs and Gambinos)
Get more opinions on this, but from what I've seen Phila. was linked to the Gambinos beginning around 1920. According to one FBI report Giuseppe Traina formed the group with Sabella as boss (an inaccurate event but) from then up until the 1970's functioned like a conduit. Closest example may be how Johnny Sack acted as a messenger, conduit, at times deciding factor with the Sopranos Family. As he grew older I think the relationship decreased, and when Gambino died and Castellano took over, he didn't appear to have the same relationship with Bruno that Gambino did. I say this because nobody would have murdered Angelo Bruno while Gambino was alive and expected to live. I think all these combinations provided opportunity for the Genoveses to pick up the slack (without any guns being fired) in the mid 70's early 80's, it also helped that Scarfo served time with Genovese members prior. The fact that they, not the Gambinos, picked Testa, then Scarfo as Boss and their admins and captains had to be ran by the Genoveses. An action that no informants appear to raise any eyebrows over, despite the supposed autonomy each group is said to enjoy. Cut back to 1991 and the Gambinos are back in the seat picking Stanfa, then it's the Genoveses backing Merlino and Natale.

The Genovese's and Gambinos either
1) Take turns (sarcasm)
2) depends on the Family status at the time. Castellano appears not to care allowing for the Genoveses to come in; in 1991 Gigante was fighting going to trial; in 1995 the Gambinos were focused on themselves; this examples could be reasons.
3) The Commission died in 1985, but before that since 1931, it has a history of organizing and divvying up the country to Commission members who function as the non-commission Family's rep. I believe Cleveland was with the Genoveses since 1931, LA was with the Luccheses early on (Fratianno); and Birmingham was with the Bonannos, etc... I don't think the relationship was the Commission Boss acting like lord over the families he represented, but more as a rep to keep updated. These relationships between families were almost always by personal association. If you and I were both commission bosses and I know people in Detroit and you St Louis, it makes little since to have you rep Detroit and me St Louis so it goes by who knows who. As reps, we check in, keep communication flowing, any major Family changes we'd be informed about and let's say there was some issue, so and so was made a captain who cucked my wife years ago I didn't like it, I can't, on my own power as Commission Family Boss tell Detroit no on my own edict, I'd have to take it to the commission and provide reasoning why I think that should be vetoed. Detroit may feel fervently that Francesco Frank the Cuck Coccarelli deserves to be a capo and fight for it, or they may not want to rock the boat with me and remove Frank from the position.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

NJShore4Life wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:03 am Licata is still the Capo of the North Jersey Crew with final day but he has Big Lou running the day to day of that crew.
Any idea how many made guys in the North Jersey Philly crew?
Would be interesting to know how active it still is.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

It was said when Sodano was Captain of N.Jersey he would send down about 4 k a month . Wonder what they are sending down now adays , you think anywhere close to that ?
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:53 am
slimshady_007 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:47 am Does anyone have transcripts or a summary of the 2010 philly- gambino meeting?
I believe because he killed himself they couldn't present tapes at trial.

I never heard what that meeting actually was about... they claimed it was only a meeting to introduce eachother at court but i doubt that...

there was some speculation it was about some of Scoops Licatas Jersey book or something like that that was taking customers from Gambinos books. I THINK
They did play the tape a trial. Here it is:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/break ... ?mobi=true
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

There seems to be a back and forth in Philly between the Genovese and Gambino family ties.
Bruno-Gambino
Scarfo-Genovese
Stanfa-Gambino
Merlino/Natale-Genovese
Ligambi-Gambino
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Why do people make shit up...who said Scoops stepped down?

Fresh street talk perhaps?
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Teddy Persico wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:39 pm There seems to be a back and forth in Philly between the Genovese and Gambino family ties.
Bruno-Gambino
Scarfo-Genovese
Stanfa-Gambino
Merlino/Natale-Genovese
Ligambi-Gambino
Something similar with the DeCavalcantes who, according to the government in the mid-1990's, answered to the Genovese family but now "run under the Gambinos."
All roads lead to New York.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:47 am Licata stepped down as North Jersey Capo? When was this reported?

Pogo
Meant Lou Fazzini playing role as acting day to day .
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:59 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:47 am Licata stepped down as North Jersey Capo? When was this reported?

Pogo
Meant Lou Fazzini playing role as acting day to day .
No you didn't.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:10 pm Any idea how many made guys in the North Jersey Philly crew?
Would be interesting to know how active it still is.

At least 4. Joe Licata, Lou Fazini, Vincent Centorino and Nicky Oliveri. Cenorino is in his late 80s so he might be inactive. Joe Servidio was a longtime associate of this crew but it seems after he was made he was put with one of the South Jersey Crews. Another possible member is Vito Malgeri.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Post by PHL_Mob »

During Scarfo’s reign Leonetti said they were under the Genovese, who they reported to being that they controlled the Commission the time, but they still did a lot of stuff with the Gambinos. The Gambinos murdered Keys for Testa/Scarfo and they murdered frank stitilano for them etc. You can argue that Leonetti was the first domino to fall in the Gotti trial and arguably made Gravano first consider flipping due to Scarfo/Leonetti meeting with Gravano and Gotti and talking the castellano murder.
TJ
Straightened out

Post by TJ »

Pogo, re read servidio docs..my thought is he moved physically to south jersey, but.i dont think that necessarily means he is with someone down there, paperwork doesnt suggest one way or the other, but it does suggest he is not with same guy as the rat