Florida

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: Florida

Post by Frank »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:43 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:22 pm I don't get what u mean by affiliated?
like they just know eachother??? or apart of each other?
Maybe "affiliated" isn't the best word. DeCavalcante captain Charles Stango phrased it as, "Now we run under the Gambinos." The DeCavalcante criminal complaint daid, "Currently, it appears that the DCF operates under the Gambino Family of La Cosa Nostra, one of the five major crime families based in New York City (the "Gambinos")."

Once again, the DeCavalcantes remain a separate family with their own hierarchy. But they are allied with the Gambinos. The Gambino family has a certain level of influence over them and likely represents the interest of the DeCavalcantes with the other NY families. I think it was the same situation with the Gambinos and what was left of the Trafficantes. Neither family merged with the Gambinos in the sense of becoming one organization.
I believe other examples of this are Rockford and Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee and also Milwaukee and Chicago
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

MikeyRiens11 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:30 am Sorry I should have been more specific. I was interested in any activity in and north of Orlando. I know you had the Tampa family and different crews from New York operating in Miami, Boca, and Fort Lauderdale, but I never heard much about one of the families having a crew in Jacksonville or Daytona, for instance. Was there never any interest or maybe some biker gangs operating in these areas and they didn't want to deal with that? Thanks again!
Trafficantes had a guy or two in Jacksonville, but it wasn't a particular 'hotbed' of activity for them.

The smacker mob under Harlan Blackburn had operations up through Ocala and over into Deland and Daytona Beach (where they had gambling boss Jack Butler killed in late 1950s). Brooksville was another area the Trafficantes worked. Dont think there was much in the big bend area for them, so dont have a lot of info about that area.
Last edited by sdeitche on Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Decavs are aligned with the Gambino's which is good for both families as the Gambino's bring the Decavs allot of NYC construction jobs and Decavs bring in the Gambinos into construction as well. Also gives the Decav's more juice when the backing of the Gambino family when dealing with the other NY families. BUT they are each their own families with their own structure. As for the Trafficante family. I think they are pretty much dead. And whatever the Gambinos had in Tampa more then likely died with the Alite Indictments there years and ago. They are so dead that John Mammone lives openly in South Florida with his family. I think what we had was the Gambino's moving into Tampa and the Trafficante family pretty much dead so a few Trafficante associates clinged onto a Gambino crew till in imploded.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Rocco wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:11 amI think what we had was the Gambino's moving into Tampa and the Trafficante family pretty much dead so a few Trafficante associates clinged onto a Gambino crew till in imploded.
I think it was a similar situation in the early 1990s when what was left of the New Orleans family joined up with the Gambinos and Genovese in that video gambling case.
All roads lead to New York.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:15 am
Rocco wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:11 amI think what we had was the Gambino's moving into Tampa and the Trafficante family pretty much dead so a few Trafficante associates clinged onto a Gambino crew till in imploded.
I think it was a similar situation in the early 1990s when what was left of the New Orleans family joined up with the Gambinos and Genovese in that video gambling case.
I think so too. There is obviously someone collecting cash on all those Video Poker machines in the bars in NO today. But I don't think its a LCN family. I think its long gone by now. Today its really just the NE, Chicago, Detroit and really that's about it. And some guys that relocated to FL because they like the weather and most of the Gambling Clients down there are from NY, NJ and Philly. lol After Mamone flipped it went down hill pretty fast. Guy is not worried about anyone from Tampa coming after him because there is no one. The Genovese Family and Lucchese families are not to happy with him but they aint gonna kill the guy over it old news.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/news/the-snitch-6343148

"I want tickets to Riki Martin! CAN YOU GET ME RIKI!!?"
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Pogo is this Gambino Captain John Rizzo?

Man once tied to Boca boiler-room scam netted $600K in sober home scam

John G. Rizzo once ran a Boca Raton-area operation that federal prosecutors say gamed the stock market. Rizzo did prison time and, when he got out, he allegedly got into a new racket: getting kickbacks for urine tests for people in treatment and recovery for substance abuse.

Read more: https://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/ma ... ROvR5LxvN/
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Nope. Different guy.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

Is anyone aware of a made guy from a NY family that was born and grew up in South Florida? Given the amount of made and connected guys that have been active/live down there, I’m curious to know if a made guy’s son/nephew who actually grew up down there has ever earned their stripes? I’ve always just assumed all the guys active in SoFla are ex-new yorkers and they all know each other from back in New York!
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Jerry Chili from Bonannos had a full S. Florida crew... I'm sure some of those members were only Fl based but on record w Bonannos.

Are you asking like that, or strictly made?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:11 pm Jerry Chili from Bonannos had a full S. Florida crew... I'm sure some of those members were only Fl based but on record w Bonannos.

Are you asking like that, or strictly made?
Yea, I was wondering if anyone knows of a local FL guy who ever earned their button.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

MikeyRiens11 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:30 am Sorry I should have been more specific. I was interested in any activity in and north of Orlando. I know you had the Tampa family and different crews from New York operating in Miami, Boca, and Fort Lauderdale, but I never heard much about one of the families having a crew in Jacksonville or Daytona, for instance. Was there never any interest or maybe some biker gangs operating in these areas and they didn't want to deal with that? Thanks again!
Jacksonville is the deep South as is the entire panhandle of Florida which includes Tallahassee, Panama City & Pensacola. White Southerners ran some organized crime there which would have included even a KKK Chapter, especially in Jacksonville. Miami, Boca and Fort Lauderdale are not considered part of "The South" Those cities are only southern geographically,
" Everything Woke turns to shit".