Family Transfers After 1931

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: Family Transfers After 1931

Post by johnny_scootch »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:20 pm He was made into the Gambinos in the late 90s/early 2000s from what JD discovered.
I checked the book and it looks like Garcia was loose with his use of the descriptive word of member. He probably meant that he transferred from the Lucchese family to the Gambinos as an Associate.

Pogo
Well I certainly am not going to argue against JD's info. Glad he's back to posting on his blog again.
Eline2015
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Eline2015 »

Stroccos wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:01 am Possibly Peanuts tronolone buffalo to Cleveland ?
Dominic lonardo according to his brother ( big Ange )he was made in buffalo and transferred back to Cleveland , as the books were closed
I think, he was just an a associate of Joe Dicarlo
Eline2015
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Eline2015 »

Eline2015 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:08 am
Stroccos wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:01 am Possibly Peanuts tronolone buffalo to Cleveland ?
Dominic lonardo according to his brother ( big Ange )he was made in buffalo and transferred back to Cleveland , as the books were closed
I think, tronolone was just an a associate of Joe Dicarlo
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Phil Damiano, Rockford to San Diego, 1930s
Salvatore Oliveri, Chicago to Rockford, 1930s
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Frank Valenti broke off of Buffalo to make Rochester a Family. Did he take a whole crew with him?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:17 am Frank Valenti broke off of Buffalo to make Rochester a Family. Did he take a whole crew with him?
Wasn't Valenti made in Pittsburgh before starting the Rochester Family?
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

willychichi wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:35 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:17 am Frank Valenti broke off of Buffalo to make Rochester a Family. Did he take a whole crew with him?
I've read his brother was made in Pittsburgh and him in Buffalo. Also didn't Valachi testify that he was made in Bonannos. But I've also seen where he also was made in Pittsburgh. Wasn't Rochester a Buffalo crew originally? So I'm not quite sure of both him and his brother. But it looks like they both might have transferred from Pittsburgh. It all depends on which scenario was the true one.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Frank wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:11 am
I've read his brother was made in Pittsburgh and him in Buffalo. Also didn't Valachi testify that he was made in Bonannos. But I've also seen where he also was made in Pittsburgh. Wasn't Rochester a Buffalo crew originally? So I'm not quite sure of both him and his brother. But it looks like they both might have transferred from Pittsburgh. It all depends on which scenario was the true one.
I'll bet JCB has the right answer to these questions.
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

was a buffalo crew thats why i remmember him being a buffalo made guy.

y askig if valachi was made in pitts? iv never seen that anywhere.... also i believe Bonanno acted as a advisor of sort...he was almost like a maranzano member at that time.

did we ever narrow it down to what fam he was?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:11 am

y askig if valachi was made in pitts? iv never seen that anywhere.... also i believe Bonanno acted as a advisor of sort...he was almost like a maranzano member at that time.

what i was trying to say is;

rochestern was a buffalo crew thats why i remmember him being a buffalo made guy.

did u ask was valachi was made in pitts? iv never seen that anywhere.... also i believe Bonanno acted as a advisor of sort...he was almost like a maranzano member at that time.

i think it might have been the lucchese ??
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:16 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:11 am

what i was trying to say is;

rochestern was a buffalo crew thats why i remmember him being a buffalo made guy.

did u ask was valachi was made in pitts? iv never seen that anywhere.... also i believe Bonanno acted as a advisor of sort...he was almost like a maranzano member at that time.

i think it might have been the lucchese ??
From what I've read Valenti was a made guy in Pittsburgh for over 20 years rising up in the family to Capo before moving on to start the Rochester Family with his brother Constenze.
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Yes I've read that the Valenti Bros we're originally in the Pittsburg Family too. But Rochester was a Buffalo crew. I wasn't saying that Valachi was made in Pittsburgh. I was saying Valachi said Frank Valenti was a Bonnano member. But it looks like Valachi was wrong.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Frank wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:01 am Yes I've read that the Valenti Bros we're originally in the Pittsburg Family too. But Rochester was a Buffalo crew. I wasn't saying that Valachi was made in Pittsburgh. I was saying Valachi said Frank Valenti was a Bonnano member. But it looks like Valachi was wrong.
I read that to Frank about him being a Bonanno, hard to tell what is correct with so many different scenarios.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Antiliar wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:20 pm Made guys only:

Here are some, can others name more?

- Nick Licata - Detroit to Los Angeles, 1940s
- Nick Gentile - Pittsburgh to New York (Mangano/Gambino Family), c1932
- Charles Battaglia - Los Angeles to Bonannos/Arizona, 1960s
- Nick Bianco - Profaci Family to New England, 1950s
- Anthony Pinelli - Chicago to Los Angeles, 1965
- John Roselli - Los Angeles to Chicago, 1956
- Jimmy Fratianno - Los Angeles to Chicago, 1950s
- Jimmy Fratianno - Chicago to Los Angeles, 1970s
- Vincenzo Troia - Springfield to Newark, c1935
- Girolamo Adamo - Kansas City to Los Angeles, 1930s/40s
- James Franzone - Chicago to San Francisco, 1930s/40s
Good stuff and thanks.

The Roselli year completely fits with his close associations with various Outfit members.

Btw whats your opinion on Mike Moro and John Canzoneri? Some sources have both as one time members or associates of the Outfit and the LA fam
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

willychichi wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:04 am
Frank wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:01 am Yes I've read that the Valenti Bros we're originally in the Pittsburg Family too. But Rochester was a Buffalo crew. I wasn't saying that Valachi was made in Pittsburgh. I was saying Valachi said Frank Valenti was a Bonnano member. But it looks like Valachi was wrong.
I read that to Frank about him being a Bonanno, hard to tell what is correct with so many different scenarios.
Even the time line of when Rochester became an independent Family is kind of up for debate. I know I read recently that Pittsburgh approved of Valenti and Rochester becoming an independent Family. But yes it appears both Valenti Bros might qualify as transferees.