Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Interesting questions.

Were they Canadian? That the Brooklyn office would release perhaps points that this CI was from NYC? They initiated in Canada perhaps as they appeared to have drug business with the Todaro family in Ca and when there, inducted?
That was how I make it. Whilst NYC guys are in Ca dealing with the Todaro fam on drugs they conduct an initiation.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Project OTREMENS - Blow to Organized Crime in Canada

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Can we link this thread to the NYC one please?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Dwalin2014 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:42 pm Is it the 3rd ceremony ever taped? After the Patriarca family one under Raymond Jr and the Philadelphia one under Tony Piccolo, when he was acting for Scarfo?

4th if you count the ceremony that Anthony Delmonti taped with Tommy Marotta in Rochester.

It is strange that an Acting Capo from Brooklyn would go to Canada to induct a single member though not unheard of. Just this week we learned that then Philly Capo George Borgesi traveled to Boston to induct a bunch of members.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Bklyn21 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:43 pm I wonder who the TODARO crime family they refer to is ? Is this the Buffalo family or someone else ?
RCMP, FBI announce fentanyl trafficking arrests involving organized crime groups
Peter Edwards Hamilton Spectator
November 9, 2017

B823638415Z.1_20171109185853_000_G86207K12.1_Super_Portrait.jpg
Domenico Paolo Violi of Hamilton (left) was charged with a variety of drug trafficking offences, while a Canada-wide warrant for similar crimes was issued against his brother Giuseppe (Joe) Violi, also of Hamilton. - Police handouts

Nine alleged GTA organized crime members have been charged in a sweeping investigation into the fentanyl trade after raids early Thursday morning across southwestern Ontario and New York, the RCMP said.

The suspects face charges for 75 offences including trafficking fentanyl, carfentanil, heroin, cocaine and methamphetamine, as well as weapons and contraband tobacco trafficking and bookmaking.

The street demand for opiates has pulled organized criminals deeper into this trade, police said. Undercover officers allegedly bought six kilograms of fentanyl and carfentanil in six transactions in the operation.

"New trends will always continue to surface as long as there is money to be made ... ," RCMP Chief Supt. Michael LeSage said at a news conference in Milton.

The illegal fentanyl supply in the GTA will be impacted by the arrests, RCMP Supt. Chris Leather said.

"It would expect it will have a significant impact over the short term," Leather said.

Two of the accused are grandsons of the late Giacomo Luppino of Hamilton, who was considered by police to be a founding member of the Crimine, a governing body for criminals in the 'Ndrangheta crime group and a long-standing associate of the Buffalo mob.

Domenico Paolo Violi, 51, was charged with a variety of drug trafficking offences, while a Canada-wide warrant for similar crimes was issued against his brother Giuseppe (Joe) Violi. Both are from Hamilton.

Police alleged the Violi brothers are well-established with "an international reach."

The operation began when officers found a mobster who turned on his old associates, police said.

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/7912 ... me-groups/

Here's the RCMP press release

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/news/2017/ ... ime-canada
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Wiseguy on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All roads lead to New York.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by johnny_scootch »

Lupara wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:04 pm
johnny_scootch wrote:The guy being inducted/CW is from Canada???

Also it's odd you have an acting captain 'inducting' a soldier and also they didn't do a full ceremony. We'd have to assume there were other made guys there right?
You can read it in the article. It states the induction happened in Canada. I doubt they would go all the way up there just for shits and giggles..
Yes Lupara I realize they were IN canada but was this cw/inductee FROM canada? Did he live up there and that's why the induction happened there or were they just doing it on a business trip supposedly away from prying eyes? Big difference between the two. I can't tell from what I've read so far.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

I guess over the next few days maybe a week or two they release the other 9 names ? Supposedly the other 9 are majority Gambino
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Thanks for the heads up @Wiseguy😀
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by Lupara »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:Interesting questions.

Were they Canadian? That the Brooklyn office would release perhaps points that this CI was from NYC? They initiated in Canada perhaps as they appeared to have drug business with the Todaro family in Ca and when there, inducted?
That was how I make it. Whilst NYC guys are in Ca dealing with the Todaro fam on drugs they conduct an initiation.
Could be a scenario now that we just learned of Philly guys being inducted in Boston which seemed ludicrous to imagine beforehand. On the other hand, for the Bonannos to send a representative to Canada to induct guys for their crew over there makes sense too. Whatever the case the Bonanno family is still active on Canadian soil which is quite the revelation in its own right along with Buffalo still in the game.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by Lupara »

johnny_scootch wrote:
Lupara wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:04 pm
johnny_scootch wrote:The guy being inducted/CW is from Canada???

Also it's odd you have an acting captain 'inducting' a soldier and also they didn't do a full ceremony. We'd have to assume there were other made guys there right?
You can read it in the article. It states the induction happened in Canada. I doubt they would go all the way up there just for shits and giggles..
Yes Lupara I realize they were IN canada but was this cw/inductee FROM canada? Did he live up there and that's why the induction happened there or were they just doing it on a business trip supposedly away from prying eyes? Big difference between the two. I can't tell from what I've read so far.
In retrospect, that could be a fair enough explanation. It would actually be quite hilarious if this turns out to be the case for the reasons you mentioned. We'll find out more soon.

The Bonannos are the comedy of the mob. :)
Last edited by Lupara on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Project OTREMENS - Blow to Organized Crime in Canada

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:35 pm Can we link this thread to the NYC one please?
Yes, we have 2 related threads going on.
All roads lead to New York.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

No big Bonanno chieftains arrested but the implications are still enormous. A secret induction ceremony being taped, incredible, and the Bonannos having full-fledged operations in Canada. I don't know much about Canadian organized crime, but some news outlets are referring to the Todaro crime family as the Buffalo crime family - Does anyone know any more details on this.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Wow , this is epic . Can’t wait to see and here the recordings . The most amazing thing is the todaro mob family is still active .
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

felice wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:51 pm Paul Semplice, Gambino soldier
Damiano Zummo, Bonanno acting captain
Paul Ragusa, Gambino associate
Ragusa was on the FBI's 10-Most Wanted List for five months, surrendered to face 18-month old racketeering charges that include violent armed robberies brought in June, 1996 against him and other budding Bonanno and Colombo mobsters from Queens known as the Giannini Crew.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

Ragusa is the son of Filippo, Bagheria family member living in NY. Ragusa was a known heroin trafficker and associated with both Bonanno and Gambino families.
His son is 46 and not made yet, gotta be a not good one
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

The big question for me is who Zummo was acting for. Records show that he has ties to Maspeth and Jamaica, Queens. Seems he could be related to Tommy Zummo, who was killed by Massino in the late 1960s.