Merlino brags about killing

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Chucky
Full Patched

Re: Merlino brags about killing

Post by Chucky »

Talking about killing someone isn't illegal, especially in this case since it sounds like Merlino & Onofrio were talking about it in a hypothetical sense. I don't see the big deal here. For what it's worth, Sonny, seems like the CI spent the bulk of his time hanging around Parrello & Onofrio, not Merlino, that's not his problem...Rubeo is and there are problems there for the feds.

You don't find it odd guys like Anastasia, Capeci, and Schratwieser are very dismissive of the case against Merlino?
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Merlino hired John Meringolo a very competent mob lawyer , Meringolo was part of the team that won John “Junior” Gotti's fourth and final hung jury, The plea deal Merlino turned down would have him out in less then 16 months with time served , This is not going to be a guilty verdict in their minds I would assume , Merlino would face 20+ years if found guilty,

Everything points to a trial and the Feds dont seem to want to go to trial and Meringolo defending Merlino do want one , They know something is really wrong IMO
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Fair points cheech.

I do think Merlino is semi retarded for not taking a deal (yet), I do genuinely hope the little fucker does take it to trial, imagine what we'd learn.

I do think people are jumping in way too early regards him going to trial and his chances though.
It's a two horse race as the decision and a lot of people are calling it a 100-1 to lose.
Good odds for a two horse race is all I'm saying.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:50 am Fair points cheech.

I do think Merlino is semi retarded for not taking a deal (yet), I do genuinely hope the little fucker does take it to trial, imagine what we'd learn.

I do think people are jumping in way too early regards him going to trial and his chances though.
It's a two horse race as the decision and a lot of people are calling it a 100-1 to lose.
Good odds for a two horse race is all I'm saying.
Stats against federal defendants,over 90% are found guilty at trial , To take a case to trial that would send you to prison for almost life over a 16 month plea deal is nuts or a like a fixed two horse race in Merlinos mind , Merlino is a true gambler
Last edited by joeycigars on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

You don't think Jacobs & Meringolo have any say in Merlino not taking a plea? Those two, as JoeyCigars said, are just as eager to go to trial as Merlino is. The plea deal they offered Merlino should be enough of an indication that the feds don't have a lot of faith in their case against him.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Chucky wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:05 am You don't think Jacobs & Meringolo have any say in Merlino not taking a plea? Those two, as JoeyCigars said, are just as eager to go to trial as Merlino is. The plea deal they offered Merlino should be enough of an indication that the feds don't have a lot of faith in their case against him.
Exactly, They would never offer him anything less than 10-15 if their case wasnt shit
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

I think this proves that whatever the UC fed recorded, that it didn't just deal with Onofrio alone, a theory which was being disputed before. Still I didn't recall Merlino mentioning anyone specific, or a specific situation, so I still think the ball is in the feds court.
PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Post by PHL_Mob »

I know the FBI via Tommy Scafidi said Merlino was a driver for the shooters during the Joey Chang hit and then was a spotter with a walkie-talkie to the infamous "van with gun portholes" during the Stanfa I-76 hit. He waited in a car somewhere by the Walt Whitman Bridge and radio' the driver of the van with the shooters who had the other walkie-talkie that Stanfa & son were approaching the Vare Ave exit. For what it's worth, Merlino was involved in a little discussed murder in late '82 or early '83 of a young Riccobene associate who he and Tory Scafidi got into an altercation/fight with at a South Street club that they all hung out at called Scruples on 2nd & South where the Citi Bank branch used to be. They ended up following the kid home after the club closed and Scafidi was spotted as being one of two shooters who killed the kid right outside of his home in front of his mother who was watching from the second floor window and was able supposedly able to ID Scafidi, but not the second shooter who was according to everyone (I think Tommy Horsehead confirmed for the FBI that it was in fact Merlino) to be Merlino who was the other young man involved in the fight with the kid earlier at the club with Tory Scafidi. Once again Joey and his good luck... Bobby Simone was able to get Tory off of that murder charge though. Also, Merlino was either taped or overheard telling Natale in prison that Mike Chang did his "first piece of work" when he was 19. Not sure if that was helping with a mob sanctioned hit or if that was just something he had done on the side, but goes to show that even these "JV Scarfo Mafia" guys who ended up making up most of the "Young Turks" we're in fact doing heavy work in the early to mid 1980s. Vince Iannece who was like 20 or 22 at the time was charged in the Salvie Testa murder for being a blocker so they were all doing stuff at an early age. They were all doing the shooting, driving, blocking, etc themselves during the Stanfa War so I really would not be surprised if Merlino has personally been the shooter in at least 3-4 hits THAT WE KNOW OF. One last thing, when I read that quote about Merlino explaining how to do a murder, it immediately reminded me of Dutchie Avicoli. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how they did him in since he was one of Merlino's best friends and one of the inner-circle guys in the Young Turk faction. Also wouldn't be surprised if Merlino was the one who popped Dutchie in that particular hit since it was for Mazzone and what not.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Good stuff PHL_Mob. Maybe Mikey Chang was one of those young guys who cleaned up during the Testa hit that Caramandi mentioned. He would have been 19 in 1984.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

PHL_Mob wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:03 pm Also wouldn't be surprised if Merlino was the one who popped Dutchie in that particular hit since it was for Mazzone and what not.
I wouldn't be surprised if Merlino was part of the set up , But as for Mazzone -Dutchie banging his wife was very personal why would you think Merlino stepped up instead ? Dutchie was on parole and avoiding a violation at the time of the hit ,For Merlino to be in a car with him ,wouldn't that set off alarm bells..Dutchie was never found maybe one day we will find out
Merlino has a murder reputation but no solid evidence put him as a trigger man in a murder to date, The Riccobene associate PHL_Mob mentioned is news to me ..Anyone know his his name ?
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

PHL_Mob wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:03 pm I know the FBI via Tommy Scafidi said Merlino was a driver for the shooters during the Joey Chang hit and then was a spotter with a walkie-talkie to the infamous "van with gun portholes" during the Stanfa I-76 hit. He waited in a car somewhere by the Walt Whitman Bridge and radio' the driver of the van with the shooters who had the other walkie-talkie that Stanfa & son were approaching the Vare Ave exit. For what it's worth, Merlino was involved in a little discussed murder in late '82 or early '83 of a young Riccobene associate who he and Tory Scafidi got into an altercation/fight with at a South Street club that they all hung out at called Scruples on 2nd & South where the Citi Bank branch used to be. They ended up following the kid home after the club closed and Scafidi was spotted as being one of two shooters who killed the kid right outside of his home in front of his mother who was watching from the second floor window and was able supposedly able to ID Scafidi, but not the second shooter who was according to everyone (I think Tommy Horsehead confirmed for the FBI that it was in fact Merlino) to be Merlino who was the other young man involved in the fight with the kid earlier at the club with Tory Scafidi. Once again Joey and his good luck... Bobby Simone was able to get Tory off of that murder charge though. Also, Merlino was either taped or overheard telling Natale in prison that Mike Chang did his "first piece of work" when he was 19. Not sure if that was helping with a mob sanctioned hit or if that was just something he had done on the side, but goes to show that even these "JV Scarfo Mafia" guys who ended up making up most of the "Young Turks" we're in fact doing heavy work in the early to mid 1980s. Vince Iannece who was like 20 or 22 at the time was charged in the Salvie Testa murder for being a blocker so they were all doing stuff at an early age. They were all doing the shooting, driving, blocking, etc themselves during the Stanfa War so I really would not be surprised if Merlino has personally been the shooter in at least 3-4 hits THAT WE KNOW OF. One last thing, when I read that quote about Merlino explaining how to do a murder, it immediately reminded me of Dutchie Avicoli. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how they did him in since he was one of Merlino's best friends and one of the inner-circle guys in the Young Turk faction. Also wouldn't be surprised if Merlino was the one who popped Dutchie in that particular hit since it was for Mazzone and what not.
Yeah I mean Merlino obviously has his hands very dirty in killings and shootings.

Furios statement of who did Merlino kill to be able to say that, is laughable
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Merlino was also targeted by the Riccobene guys to be killed, so it doesn't surprised if he was involved in hits with the Scarfo guys.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Merlino is a killer.

People can call him a midget and a fake all they want....but he has done things nobody on this board has the balls to.

Survived many murder attempts and isnt afraid to pull a trigger or take on the feds
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:25 pm Merlino is a killer.

People can call him a midget and a fake all they want....but he has done things nobody on this board has the balls to.

Survived many murder attempts and isnt afraid to pull a trigger or take on the feds

Did things that nobody on this board has the "balls" to do? HOPEFULLY, nobody on this board is as fucking stupid as Joey Merlino. He's an idiot. He is nobody to admire and if somebody admires him, I feel bad for them.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Cheech wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:16 am you're lost, sonny. with all due respect.

everyone was allowed to plead out to lesser terms. they are willing to give merlino a few years. why do you think that is? them letting this out into the papers is a ploy.

erasing "tapes" isnt blah blah blah as you out it thats major screw up. and the reason those officers are under investigation.

i think your dislike of merlino is clouding your judgement.

midget? what does he height have to do with anything. if anyone seems biased it is you. and you know i like you i just think you have been off recently in your judgement.
All is MErlino needs is one person on the jury to feel 'big brother" is fucking him over and he walks. I like his odds from what I have seen.
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo