Gangland:1/12/17

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Re: Gangland:1/12/17

Post by Uncle Pete »

I think a lot of you guys have a good point that this gambino guy may be related to someone or maybe a good earner. However, to play devils advocate, I think it's worth looking at this from another angle. This Bonnano guy sounds like the fake tough guy to me. Guy is down for 7 years and doesn't want to stand up for the associate because he doesn't want to "rock the boat". What the fuck does that mean? He's down for 7 fuckkng years. You gotta be a tough guy inside the joint and outside. I think this Bonnano guy was scared to do anything in the can, but he turns right back into a tough guy on the street. Sounds soft to me guys. The gambino guys talks shit about him to other inmates but it doesn't get back to the Bonanno guy until after he's released? What a coincidence haha. Capecie doesn't say how many of his guys this Bonnano soldier had with him. And maybe even if he did beat him one on one, here's one thing we all know, as a made guy vs an associate, the Bonanno guy got the first shot haha.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

"Fake tough guy.....down for 7 years"

Sounds a little oxymoronic to me.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Uncle Pete wrote:I think a lot of you guys have a good point that this gambino guy may be related to someone or maybe a good earner. However, to play devils advocate, I think it's worth looking at this from another angle. This Bonnano guy sounds like the fake tough guy to me. Guy is down for 7 years and doesn't want to stand up for the associate because he doesn't want to "rock the boat". What the fuck does that mean? He's down for 7 fuckkng years. You gotta be a tough guy inside the joint and outside. I think this Bonnano guy was scared to do anything in the can, but he turns right back into a tough guy on the street. Sounds soft to me guys. The gambino guys talks shit about him to other inmates but it doesn't get back to the Bonanno guy until after he's released? What a coincidence haha. Capecie doesn't say how many of his guys this Bonnano soldier had with him. And maybe even if he did beat him one on one, here's one thing we all know, as a made guy vs an associate, the Bonanno guy got the first shot haha.
ummm what?

:?
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

B. wrote:While this can easily be painted as a "sad state of the American mob" story, I feel like there are other examples over the years of guys getting made to protect them from extortion/violence from other members but can't think of any offhand. Like with anything related to this subject, there is rarely only one reason for anything happening, whether it's a promotion, murder, etc.

I recall something like this with Jerry Anguilo in NE. It has been a long while since I read The UnderBoss but from what I remember he was a successful bookmaker who was being shaken down/hassled by the Boston guys so he went to Providence and got himself made by Patriarca in exchange for kicking up to him.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Uncle Pete wrote:I think a lot of you guys have a good point that this gambino guy may be related to someone or maybe a good earner. However, to play devils advocate, I think it's worth looking at this from another angle. This Bonnano guy sounds like the fake tough guy to me. Guy is down for 7 years and doesn't want to stand up for the associate because he doesn't want to "rock the boat". What the fuck does that mean? He's down for 7 fuckkng years. You gotta be a tough guy inside the joint and outside. I think this Bonnano guy was scared to do anything in the can, but he turns right back into a tough guy on the street. Sounds soft to me guys. The gambino guys talks shit about him to other inmates but it doesn't get back to the Bonanno guy until after he's released? What a coincidence haha. Capecie doesn't say how many of his guys this Bonnano soldier had with him. And maybe even if he did beat him one on one, here's one thing we all know, as a made guy vs an associate, the Bonanno guy got the first shot haha.
Sounds like they were in Ft Dix or Fairton Med Sec Fed Pens in South Jersey. Allot of the inmates there are not tough guys but Non Violent crimes like Financial Fraud, Corrupt NJ Politicians(steady flow of these there) I have visited friends in Ft Dix. No one fucks with you there really. You don't need to be a tough guy to get thru doing time there. Infact the scariest part of doing time in those two places is when they transfer you out of there to a Halfway house in some shithole in Newark, Camden or Brooklyn. Once you are in the halfway house you are there with Violent guys just before they hit the streets. My friends old man paid an attorney $$$ to get him out of the Halfway house and to home arrest with ankle monitor.

To me it sounds like the Bonanno Guy is schooled and has been around the block. You can get in just as much trouble with LCN guys in jail by fucking up theirs or someone else's release date. With that said sounds like the Gambino guy is younger and not very schooled with keeping his mouth shut and not looking at the big picture. We don't know who had a beef with this Gambino associate or if it was created by this guys big mouth. Only time I every heard of someone having issues in Fairton or Ft Dix is if they run their mouth. Most of the guys ate these places are serving 10yrs or allot less. About 70% of the guys there are out in less then a few yrs. #1 Why does a made Bonanno guy have to stand up for an associate from another family ...especially in a Medium Sec joint like that.?? If we were able to dig deeper it sounds like the Gambino Associate is a jerk off with a big mouth who created his own problems in there and attempted to pass the buck onto a made guy from another Family for not saving him. LCN is not a prison gang or street gang.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Another one would be Nicky Scarfo Jr. His dad had him made with the Lucchese family to protect him from any potential retribution from the new regime in Philly.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
NYNighthawk wrote:Wasn't it reported somewhere Tony Mirra's nephew was made because a relative paid off the Bonanno family to induct him?

Yes that was Joseph "Joe Mook" D'Amico. His mother reportedly paid 50 grand (in 1977 dollars) for it.

Pogo
Probably just a rumor because of his young age at the time of induction. Has never been verified anywhere. His uncle was direct with the administration and cousin had been made already, and D'Amico was already working with a lot of Bonanno players, so I assume he was made for those reasons.
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

B. wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:
NYNighthawk wrote:Wasn't it reported somewhere Tony Mirra's nephew was made because a relative paid off the Bonanno family to induct him?

Yes that was Joseph "Joe Mook" D'Amico. His mother reportedly paid 50 grand (in 1977 dollars) for it.

Pogo
Probably just a rumor because of his young age at the time of induction. Has never been verified anywhere. His uncle was direct with the administration and cousin had been made already, and D'Amico was already working with a lot of Bonanno players, so I assume he was made for those reasons.
The first time I've ever seen this or heard it, was from picasso.......Soliai
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

"Donnie Brasco: Unfinished Business" says it. Maybe elsewhere, too.

After D'Amico flipped, he testified that his mother had been a loanshark but that it wasn't true she paid for his badge.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

He's hardly going to testify she did.
To be devils advocate.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:He's hardly going to testify she did.
To be devils advocate.
But if the government actually had other credible sources who said she did pay for him to be made, why would he throw out his credibility and possibly his deal by saying otherwise? Sounds to me like his mom was a Bonanno associate (which is strange in and of itself) and from there the rumors spread like they often do in that world.

The Bonannos were making young guys like Bonventre, Amato, Indelicato, and probably others, so D'Amico fits right in with that. His uncle Al Walker was a powerful member working directly with the admin at the time.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few