Nepotism in the mob

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Re: Nepotism in the mob

Post by furiofromnaples »

CornerBoy wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:07 am
Ridgewood 79 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 7:19 pm Well Michael definitely did not out do his dad so he stays a nepo baby, tommy Gambino money guy held his mud no Carlo though. Joey definitely not a nepo baby becomes boss
Didn't he make like 40M a week and turn in a mill a week to the persicos?

Seems like sonny was on track to be boss when he was in his 40's but never regained his power.resoect/mnoey?
's
Pls correct me if I'm wrong.
Sonny Franzese get 50 y for some robbieries in 1967 and the first time when was paroled was 1974 then the Persico took the power and Sonny was too limited because made in and out many times so can't do the boss or search supporters and give orders by the jail.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

B. wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:02 pm I'd say when a guy is a respected member in his own right he's going to escape accusations of nepotism most of the time.

Gravano tried to call Tommy Gambino a pussy in his book for actually running his dress business but a guy like DiLeonardo saw Gambino as a solid and honorable guy who did his part in Cosa Nostra.

A giant nepo baby is Frank Desimone of LA. His own members didn't respect him and Magaddino was recorded saying Desimone didn't deserve to be a member let alone boss. If his father hadn't been who he was I doubt he'd have been anything.
Frank Bompensiero should be the boss in 1967,old school maybe he would be rat if would be the boss.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Ridgewood 79 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:56 pm 😂 is Angelina Jolie a nepto baby? Or Michael Douglas of course in their respected fields 😁
Angelina Jolie if wasnt the Jon Voight daughter,she would completly fuck up his career with their roles in the 1990s and early 2000s as sexy bitch before made some decent things after that but only for his beauty.
Michael Douglas won more academy awards then his father Kirk and had roles in famous film apart Basic Instinct.
Ridgewood 79
Straightened out

Post by Ridgewood 79 »

Furio I'm a Jon vought fan myself midnight cowboy 🤠 one of my favs love nyc filmed movies especially 60s and 70s couldn't agree with you more loved Kirk though
maatsetungi
Associate

Post by maatsetungi »

How about Tony Boy Boiardo? If I remeber right he wasn't respected in the family.
Ridgewood 79
Straightened out

Post by Ridgewood 79 »

Who corky Romano 😂
pat_marcy
Associate

Post by pat_marcy »

Scarfo jr is most definitely a nepo baby
Augie
Prospect

Post by Augie »

Well in that case could you say that younger generation of Persico’s, Allie Boy Persico, Carmine’s son, and Michael are nepo babies? I know Michael is supposedly not made, but he definitely has power in the Colombo family. Allie Boy seemed to know the life for sure but his dad was Carmine. Diidnt Tony Corallo say something along the lines about the Colombo’s “They make all their kids”?
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

Raymond Patriarca Jr. for sure
Ridgewood 79
Straightened out

Post by Ridgewood 79 »

Yes patriarca jr as what I hear and as for Allie who was a very good friend of mine at one time was smart like his dad and had that Michael Corleone aura about him had he be around the sixties and not been in jail most his life who knows?? His brother Michael is a nice guy and comes across as someone who was better off out the life and they still almost banged him out .
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

michael p is very nice guy. could pass as a lot of things
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Ridgewood 79 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:27 am Furio I'm a Jon vought fan myself midnight cowboy 🤠 one of my favs love nyc filmed movies especially 60s and 70s couldn't agree with you more loved Kirk though
Vought is a great actor while Angelina Jolie Voight (that shes complete name) is only a hot chick remembered only when she was naked that for her few good movies.
I loved Kiek Douglas in Paths of Glory.
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

pat_marcy wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:55 pm Scarfo jr is most definitely a nepo baby
How do you figure? He was made into a different family than his father’s (I know Sr. pushed for Amuso to make him). He rose to the rank of Capo, has been to prison a couple of times, including just eating a 30 year sentence without cooperating, and was a HUGE moneymaker. Not sure where you think he was a nepo baby. Hell, he wasn’t even made when his dad had any kind of real clout. I just don’t see it.

Now if you want to make the allegation that he isn’t a “tough guy”, you might be able to make that argument. I don’t believe he has ever taken part (that we know of) in a hit.
Ridgewood 79
Straightened out

Post by Ridgewood 79 »

Jmac I stand corrected your right he did kinda gone on his own a paved his own way yeah great point !
Laughmatics
Associate

Post by Laughmatics »

People like to make fun of the Angiulo brothers because Jerry Angiulo bought his way in. Yet none of the brothers ever flipped and made loads of money for the Patriarca Family. Maybe not good examples of nepotism but this thread reminded me of them.