Larry Gallo was a stool pigeon

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: Larry Gallo was a stool pigeon

Post by Ivan »

Antiliar wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:24 pm I did a quick search and found a list of informants made by maxiestern in 2018 that included Larry Gallo:

viewtopic.php?p=123814&hilit=larry+gall ... at#p123814

There might be earlier results, but others have already noted that Gallo was mentioned in a couple books going back to 2008. FYI, when I searched I put "Larry Gallo" in quotes then used the search within results function.
Oh wow I didn't even know that quotation marks work as a Boolean operator in the search here. Thanks, that might end up being a game changer when searching for stuff on here.
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:53 pm New video from OC Shortz furnishing FBI docs showing conclusively that Larry Gallo was an FBI informant.

Was this known??
This is really interesting and would Crazy Joe Gallo have known that his older brother was an informant?
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:53 pm New video from OC Shortz furnishing FBI docs showing conclusively that Larry Gallo was an FBI informant.

Was this known??
Yes this was known.
There you have it, never printed before.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

davidf1989 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:43 am

Was this known??
This is really interesting and would Crazy Joe Gallo have known that his older brother was an informant?
I have files from the early 1970s where an informant extremely close to Joey Gallo was providing info. He was able to quote Gallo verbatim on a bunch of topics and though there is no smoking gun like with Larry I've suspected it was Joey Gallo himself. The informant said that Gallo had completely renounced his membership in the mafia and did not consider himself a member. We know that Gallo had also been very open with Jimmy Breslin the previous decade where he complained about Profaci and explained why the war started.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

I just watched CRAZY JOE on Tubi where RIP TORN Joey.

Anyways - Larry’s character actually talks to the cops then drives off a cliff ….. interesting they got one of the scenarios right…

Real good movie 70% accurate besides that
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
rlizzy121
Prospect

Post by rlizzy121 »

That’s news.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

half these guys give up info in some shape or form. I'm excluding the West Side and Sicilian branch of Gambino.
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!