Gangland 1/4/2024

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Re: Gangland 1/4/2024

Post by Guest »

johnny_scootch wrote:
> [quote=Dr031718 post_id=272645 time=1704367371 user_id=5778]
> Jackie Nose also had a great gig, and a classy automobile that went with
> it, as an employee of Big Geyser, the big New York-based distributor of
> non-alcoholic drinks and snacks, a company that was founded by Irving
> Hershkowitz, who attended New Utrecht High School in Bensonhurst with
> D'Amico until Jackie quit in his first year.
> [/quote]
>
> I remember Mikey Scars telling a story that when Jackie became captain of
> 18th Ave Mikey took him down there to show him around and it was like a
> whole new world to Jackie that he didn’t know existed. How the hell is that
> possible if he went to New Utrecht High School? He must have lived over
> there and even though he went for only one year there’s no way he went to
> that school in those days and had no idea about 18th Ave. Maybe I’m reading
> into it too much but it just doesn’t make sense to me.

Plus they say he was raised in the EV area.
Blunts
Straightened out

Post by Blunts »

OcSleeper wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:36 am
Blunts wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:52 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:14 pm
""Hey Rom, you f-ing pussy. You motherf-ing . . . You c-ksuc-ng motherf--er. Come over here if you have f-ing balls. You have no balls, you motherf--er . . . . You go f-k yourself, you motherf-ing scumbag.""

HOW is this guy still walking?!
It's crazy stuff like this isn't allowed as evidence during trial. That sounds like he was really asking for the situation to be escalated. And he got what he wanted then ran to the cops. This is such a strange case.
Except that took place after the punch
It still shows how antagonistic that guy was. Even after the fact he kept provoking him. Seems pertinent to the case.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Cheech wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:51 am
newera_212 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:28 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:04 pm
Cheech wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:56 pm He didnt go to new utrecht. Mikey cleared that up in the live today
And there you have it, thanks Cheech.

Capeci copy and pasting from Wikipedia!
Came in to ask / wonder about the same thing and I see you guys already beat me to it. Nice. Gonna try to track this Scars video down. IIRC , Jackie grew up in the East Village like Avenue A or 1st Ave area, basically all the Lower East Side back then to old timers. Wonder what high school he actually went to then.

I'm from the UES and spent a good part of my life there until I crossed the east river 7'ish years ago for greener...well, more like multi-colored pastures . I used to see Jackie holding court on 3rd ave around 85th street all the time, mostly in the late afternoons he'd be hanging outside shooting the shit with people. Probably getting take out from the diner or chipolte. I never spoke to the guy but would see him frequently. I always thought he lived in that big highrise on the corner of 86th and 3rd, if it wasn't that exact building it was another building right there I'm pretty sure. If I wasn't such a LCN nerd and knew these guys like most people know athletes, he'd be easy to miss. Looked like a regular old guy.
Scars did an hour and a half on Jackie yesterday. Its on the patreon.
I gotta finally bite the bullet and pay for this.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Give us a breakdown new ;)
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Heres what Capeci told me

And do you know what high school he went to? I used a quote from Irving (Hal Irving) Hershkowitz, the founder of Big Geyser, to say he went to New Utrecht. He may have been making it up, but here’s what he told my former DN colleague Tom Robbins, on the record, which he printed:

"He's a salesman of ours," Hershkowitz said. "He's been one for about three years. He works on commission. I know him 30 years. He's a lifelong friend. We went to New Utrecht High School. He was with us when we formed. He went around with me to see outlets; he knew a lot of people. He helped me develop the product."
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny