Gangland News July 20th 2023

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Gangland News July 20th 2023

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:03 pm Benji and DeMatteo have probably been demoted due to the indictments.
He can enjoy the money
No offense Al but thats baseless speculation.
Benji has been official UB through previous incarcerations.
He's been UB since 08, appeared before a judge in 2013 as UB and as far as we know never lost his stripes.

The Consig is also assumed to be a lifetime appointment.

So, I would disagree on your speculation.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

For what it's worth some guy on the old board was saying this guy d'onfrio was boss way back. Around 2012 even said he would likely be voted boss when carmine died. I forgot the poster but they were on to something....
Luca
Honorary Member

Post by Luca »

How much money can this guy expect to earn annually as Colombo acting boss? Everyone’s opinion…..what is the acting boss of the Colombo crime family earning off family rackets in 2023. Im gonna say >$500,000.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Pmac2 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:54 pm For what it's worth some guy on the old board was saying this guy d'onfrio was boss way back. Around 2012 even said he would likely be voted boss when carmine died. I forgot the poster but they were on to something....
Ed Scarpo said he was hearing Donofrio was boss back in 2018 as well.

Thanks for posting DR
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:48 pm
Little_Al1991 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:03 pm Benji and DeMatteo have probably been demoted due to the indictments.
He can enjoy the money
He's been UB since 08, appeared before a judge in 2013 as UB and as far as we know never lost his stripes.

You assuming he’s making no money and it’s all going to the imprisoned underboss and Consigliere is baseless speculation tbf, we don’t know the ins and outs, didnt Pennisi say recently the consigliere position isn’t for life
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

On June 21, 2021, Vinny Unions assured Koslosky that the "new regime," which included "Teddy," and a wiseguy whose name is redacted, would support their plan, which included installing Koslosky into Local 621.

"Of course they're gonna honor it," said Ricciardo. "You think they don't know? They know, Teddy knows, he knows, what's the matter with you? You think I just talk to these fucking idiots in Brooklyn?" (An apparent reference to Administration members Castallazzo, DeMatteo and Russo, who Vinny Unions was meeting in the Gravesend section of the Borough of Churches.)

A month later, prosecutors contend, Uvino also indicated in a taped talk with Koslosky that Persico supported their extortion plans.

"It's smooth sailing" when Teddy "takes over," said Uvino, noting that "the guy is the best guy in the world to deal with. He wants to just go out, have a good time."
Koslosky: And he's all okay with everything we're doing?
Uvino: Everything. I told him everything's running smooth. No problem. He says, 'Do whatever youse have to do.' I told Teddy, once we're in there, I says, then once everything's set, then once it starts rolling it just keeps rolling, but it's gotta get set first. He's like no problem youse know what you are doing."
I found this excerpt to be particularly interesting. If indeed "these fucking idiots in Brooklyn" was a reference to Castellazzo and DiMatteo, it could imply that Persico was scheduled to appoint his own administration upon taking over as boss, with one of them being the redacted individual.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Good find chin
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

Was the redacted individual D’Onfrio?

Thanks for posting, great Colombo column this week
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

TommyGambino wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:05 pm You assuming he’s making no money and it’s all going to the imprisoned underboss and Consigliere is baseless speculation tbf, we don’t know the ins and outs, didnt Pennisi say recently the consigliere position isn’t for life
How much money do you think Castellazzo is making Tommy?

Mush, Castellazzo, Dematteo, Vinny Unions, Ferrara and Uvino were each fighting over $10k a month from a union.

What's that, a couple of grand a piece a month?

How many Unions you think are kicking $10k to the Colombos these days? 2/3? Maybe?

Now you tell me much the new AB will be getting.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

1 racket kicking up 10k a month what about every other associate or soldier in that family.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:33 pm Mush, Castellazzo, Dematteo, Vinny Unions, Ferrara and Uvino were each fighting over $10k a month from a union.
What are you inferring this from? Where was it said that these 6 guys were fighting over this money? I don’t remember this need a refresher

Can’t imagine a boss having to fight with any of his guys over money. He wants it, it’s his.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:48 pm
He can enjoy the money

Thank you for the correction.
It was wrong of me to say that about Benji, it slipped my mind that he’s had the position for over a decade now.
Farese had the Consigliere position but lost it to DeMatteo which is why I assumed that he lost the position upon being indicted
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:38 pm What are you inferring this from? Where was it said that these 6 guys were fighting over this money? I don’t remember this need a refresher

Can’t imagine a boss having to fight with any of his guys over money. He wants it, it’s his.
My point was you had a boss, an Underboss, a Consigliere, two captains (and a soldier) directly participating in a racket.

This should be shocking.

The point of layers/levels in a family is insulation. A boss directly participating in a racket? What's next, Mush collecting overdue juice payments?

That all members of an administration, coupled with TWO captains, directly participating in a racket, and one which will gross net 10k a month, to be dispersed among all the above, indicates the dire straights of the finances of the family.

If the admin was taking in 100k a month each, you think they'd all be actively involved, DIRECTLY, in a 10k a month racket to be divvied up?

Hell, even Teddy plead out which makes this ALL admin members and THREE Capos (plus a soldier). All for a piece of 10k a month.

What does that tell you?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Pmac2 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:31 pm 1 racket kicking up 10k a month what about every other associate or soldier in that family.
The level of participation of all admin members and three capos should tell you how much $$ the family is making.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Little_Al1991 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:44 pm Thank you for the correction.
It was wrong of me to say that about Benji, it slipped my mind that he’s had the position for over a decade now.
Farese had the Consigliere position but lost it to DeMatteo which is why I assumed that he lost the position upon being indicted
Great point about Farese.
I'd love to hear the how's and why's of Farese to DeMatteo.

I'm guessing it's got to do with Farese being in Florida. And now he's indicted, that's a last straw.