Scott - Tension in Philly Mob

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: Scott - Tension in Philly Mob

Post by Ivan »

Rocco wrote: Corky's first day on the short bus,! Lol
Yeah he's waving goodbye to Ligambi's sister. He's gonna ride the short bus to a sitdown and ask about whacking Marty.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Angelina was one of the guys who stood behind the Merlinos when they fell from grace in the 80s. I'm not surprised that Merlino would continue to stand up for him.

Aside from that, let's wait and see. There have been all kinds of Philly rumors going back before the Scarfo era guys got out of prison and everyone seems to think they're an expert on what goes on in South Philly.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

My knowledge on Philly is very limited, but I like what Scott is trying to do here. After Capeci he's basically the only one who tries to keep the subject alive, focussing on a wider range of families than just Detroit. He may not have the most accurate information, but at least his stories are entertaining. I hope he continues to follow Montreal as well. It seems of the US families only New York and Philly remain interesting. I find it quite astonishing how active Philly still is comparing to all the other families outside of New York of which most have already faded into history.
brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Post by brianwellbrock »

The speculation on Borgesi trying to kill Angelina is stupid. If that does happen he is some serious trou le since he had knowledge of it before and in America with any kind of privelage it doesnt protect you if you knew a crime was about to go down and didnt report it.

If the the situation is true than Borgesi would of been warned by L.E.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Lupara wrote: I hope he continues to follow Montreal as well.

Far and away the most interesting mafia 'family' in North America the last several years.

He'd do well to focus North of the border for material.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:
Lupara wrote: I hope he continues to follow Montreal as well.

Far and away the most interesting mafia 'family' in North America the last several years.

He'd do well to focus North of the border for material.
I have always said the Rizzuto story would make a great movie. The Rizzuto clan is much more GodFatherish in every way. Compared to the Gotti movie they wanna make. Some guy running around in expensive suits getting his hair cut everyday for 4.5yrs. Get the fuck atta here.....!
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Or 14 versions of Whitey Bulger.

What would you rather see, a picture on the life of Vito Rizzuto, boss of a whole city, or one of a half assed Irish Boston gangster in charge of 10 drug addicts.

Vito vs Whitey. Whats your vote?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

When I say the Rizzuto Clan. I mean starting with Nick as a young man then ending in Vito's death. Similar to the Godfather marlon brando passing the torch to Pacino etc The newJohnny Dept movie looks good by the way. Really any Gotti movie will totally suck. The guy was boss on the street for 4yrs. All he did was lead a crew of Junk dealers who got caught killed their Boss then was Boss for 4 yrs on the street and died in Jail? Horrible story. All fluff zero substance.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:Or 14 versions of Whitey Bulger.

What would you rather see, a picture on the life of Vito Rizzuto, boss of a whole city, or one of a half assed Irish Boston gangster in charge of 10 drug addicts.

Whitey was a half ass gangster? 18 hits at least and a shitload of money from illegal activities I would say that's a real gangster
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

I know we'd like to hear more articles on Montreal, but it would all be speculation. Them Sicilians run a tight ship.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Pete wrote:
SonnyBlackstein wrote:Or 14 versions of Whitey Bulger.

Whitey was a half ass gangster? 18 hits at least and a shitload of money from illegal activities I would say that's a real gangster

I would rather see an epic movie on Vito Rizzuto but the Whitey stuff is American Folk Lore. Just the idea of him being on the run for 16 years or whatever it was and the level of corruption that plagued the Boston FBI office is mindblowing. I agree, Whitey was no Rizzuto but he was feared, made quite a bit of cash and corrupted several Feds in an Irish town.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Actually neither project- Rizzuto or Bulgar interests me very much. I'm kinda amazed nothing has been done with Philly (not counting that shitty Tenth & Wolfe), it has it all. Anastasia allegedly pitched the idea but no one bit. Personally I'd like to see it become a series rather than a movie. That seems to be where things are going.
123JoeSchmo
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by 123JoeSchmo »

Chris Christie wrote:Actually neither project- Rizzuto or Bulgar interests me very much. I'm kinda amazed nothing has been done with Philly (not counting that shitty Tenth & Wolfe), it has it all. Anastasia allegedly pitched the idea but no one bit. Personally I'd like to see it become a series rather than a movie. That seems to be where things are going.
You can make a much more compelling story and develop characters better in a TV series rather than a movie.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

When this came up on the RD years ago I was saying how a mini-series that starts with Bruno's murder and goes through Scarfo's run would be great. First episode Bruno gets killed, we get introduced to some of the guys, then at the end of the second episode Testa gets killed. The rest of it is all Scarfo, ending with him everyone getting convicted.

If it was successful, then you'd consider doing another on the Stanfa years. Seems like TV gold to me.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Chris Christie wrote:Actually neither project- Rizzuto or Bulgar interests me very much. I'm kinda amazed nothing has been done with Philly (not counting that shitty Tenth & Wolfe), it has it all. Anastasia allegedly pitched the idea but no one bit. Personally I'd like to see it become a series rather than a movie. That seems to be where things are going.
That's because there hasn't been enough stability in Philly since 1980 for a simple story plot. Bruno, testa, Scarfo, stanfa, Natale, Merlino... Maybe an HBO series detailing each Boss. 40minutes long each? Lmao. It's worse then detailing Gotti's 4.5yrs on the street as Boss. Philly would also be much more confusing to the average viewer too many players etc. I guess you can make the Joey Merlino movie of the 90s like the show Entourage with sports betting and dealing coke inbetween the night clubbing? Lol. Nick Rizzuto Sr family story is much better movie material.
Last edited by Rocco on Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.