Pennisi just dropped the biggest bomb

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

AntComello
Full Patched

Re: Pennisi just dropped the biggest bomb

Post by AntComello »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:13 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:28 am A jap bike? Lol
Yes it’s crotch rocket, I think it belongs to his son tho. No one is pulling him over on that thing or following him and that’s probably why he takes it to meetings, it’s a smart move.
It is pretty smart. If Barney is halfway decent at riding, there’s no way he should ever be successfully followed.
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

the motorcycle thing is literally the only interesting thing about this story
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

The bomb I just dropped in the toilet a couple of minutes ago was bigger than this one.....
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

I wonder who that “someone” was who was with John when that run in with Barney took place.
Pennisi has also refused to disclose the identity of the shooter in the attempted murder of Neil Migliore
Even though he has obviously told the FBI…I like John but I see no reason as to why he’s holding back on that
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:08 am I wonder who that “someone” was who was with John when that run in with Barney took place.
Pennisi has also refused to disclose the identity of the shooter in the attempted murder of Neil Migliore
Even though he has obviously told the FBI…I like John but I see no reason as to why he’s holding back on that
Maybe it involves someone they are currently building a case against and Pennisi will be called on to testify.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

We don't hear anything about Barney for years, we learn he's now breaking a major mafia rule, and everybodies too cool for school.

Ok.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Lubrano can't catch a break
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Bing Bang 74
Straightened out

Post by Bing Bang 74 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:40 am We don't hear anything about Barney for years, we learn he's now breaking a major mafia rule, and everybodies too cool for school.

Ok.
We have heard about Barney several times recently, I'd say about 10% of Capeci's reporting focuses on him, like his birthday party early last year, his apparent rage at the two soldiers who got picked up for drug dealing, etc.

I think the indifference people feel comes from a general dislike of Pennisi, especially as it's highlighted in this latest video, his tendency to try to come off all superior while at the same time mouthing off about his former associates' personal lives or interests. As far as breaking a rule goes, I don't think people reflect on it that much because the whole lifestyle being discussed is replete to the max with rules being broken, and especially seeing as this is the boss of a family, I believe most will just shrug it off and say "Eh, who cares?" People come to Sitdown News for interesting, first-hand takes on organized crime-related stories, and I'd say the general consensus is Pennisi is not offering that anymore, instead just focusing on petty beefs and personal matters such as this one while pointing out how he had the biggest brain in the mob.

See that video he put out not too long ago about his sitdown with the Genovese capo, Johnny LaRocca? ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w817E01Kpc) I kinda liked that video, I think it was a good throwback to his older ones where he told stories personally involving him and his experiences, but I really had to pause it near the beginning because of that centuries-long rant he went on about a goddamn telephone conversation he had in which he was the wisest wiseguy of all and totally superior to the guy on the other line. My point is, Pennisi is only getting more and more exhausting.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

The motorcycle thing was pretty cool. I remember reading something either about Barney or Dom Cirillo that said they would drive down one-way streets the wrong way when they thought they were being trailed. Well, I guess when they knew they were being trailed, not thought...if it's agents that were the source of this. This was something a little more recent than when Barney allegedly did that in the 80s when he was apparently fleeing a drug deal that was busted up. Then when Tino Fiumara passed, in a Times article about him I believe it mentioned he was known to travel by bicycle where he could ride through parks and other places cars wouldn't be able to trail - and had also traveled to meetings in the truck of the car.

I hate the comparisons between families like these were baseball teams, but it is kind of funny thinking about Genovese guys taking these preventative measures and contrasting it with the Colombo family (not to be cliche) who had guys doing sitdowns on the patio at L&B Spumoni Gardens during a Summer dinner rush, looking like gangsters from a mile away. Or the recent admin members meeting at Brennan and Carr. I'm sure the Genovese guys go out to dinner themselves but if you saw them in a spot together you probably wouldn't know what was going on.

I'm surprised Pennisi did not mention that Bellomo's wife had passed. He said Bellomo was "living the single life" - hopefully Pennisi just didn't know that his wife had passed, because it's pretty low rent to say that widower who has found someone else , years after his wife's death and when his children are fully grown, is "living the single life" like he's some bachelor out on the town every night
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:40 am We don't hear anything about Barney for years, we learn he's now breaking a major mafia rule, and everybodies too cool for school.

Ok.
I said I liked the motorcycle thing
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Bing Bang 74 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:10 pm I think the indifference people feel comes from a general dislike of Pennisi, especially as it's highlighted in this latest video, his tendency to try to come off all superior while at the same time mouthing off about his former associates' personal lives or interests.
A former inducted mafioso delivers unknown info on the most elusive and powerful boss in the country, and queue the eyerolls and washer women comments..... on a website.... dedicated to the mafia.

Not sure exactly what people want from Pennisi.

It's all good, people can like what they choose. Leftfield for yours is all.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
AAA-DK
Straightened out

Post by AAA-DK »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:08 am I wonder who that “someone” was who was with John when that run in with Barney took place.
Mob guys must be watching his channel and if the person is still active in the life it could cause problems for them
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

AAA-DK wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:17 pm
Mob guys must be watching his channel and if the person is still active in the life it could cause problems for them
The guy was following orders but I do understand what u mean.
Good point.Certainly there are stories that John won’t share about people who we may not even know about for those reasons
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:08 pm
Bing Bang 74 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:10 pm I think the indifference people feel comes from a general dislike of Pennisi, especially as it's highlighted in this latest video, his tendency to try to come off all superior while at the same time mouthing off about his former associates' personal lives or interests.
A former inducted mafioso delivers unknown info on the most elusive and powerful boss in the country, and queue the eyerolls and washer women comments..... on a website.... dedicated to the mafia.

Yeah I really dont get the vitriol he gets from people on here. He doesnt like his former associates, who gives a shit?
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

funkster wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:24 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:08 pm

Yeah I really dont get the vitriol he gets from people on here. He doesnt like his former associates, who gives a shit?
I just think this current events shit he is talking now is stirring up drama. Stick to the historical context. And the story on Barney was vague. Like if Barney's divorced or his wife has passed. And the women only dated Lubrano for 2-3 months or had a one night stand who knows how connected the girl and Lubrano are. And then he mentions "Barney has four kids" too. So what? He has 4 kids, does that mean what Barney did is even worse because he has kids. Who are probably grown and for the most part probably law abiding citizens. It seems he was trying to sully up their name imo.
Pennisi
Didn't Pennisi and his captain mess around with the same broad?
Didn't Pennisis broad become a loan shark behind his back?
And didn't Pennisi kill someone over a broad?
The way he said it was all f*cked up and it's a bit hypocritical of him to pass judgement on who is sleeping with who considering his history.

If your going to talk current events sound a little more objective especially if you don't have all facts.