John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Etna wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:39 am I believe the rule changed back to 100% italian in 2000 when the commission meeting with Joe Massino took place.

Yes I believe this is correct. I believe the rational was that there were too many informants which never really made much sense since it was the partial Italians members who were doing all the defecting.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Etna wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:39 am
BensonHURST wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:01 am
OcSleeper wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:31 pm The one thing that has always stayed consistent is full members are only Italian. In cities with families that are now labelled defunct we never saw them recruit non-italians when their membership dwindled so its safe to say we won't ever see it.
That rule changed from time to time.
From full blooded to just in your fathers side.

They used to somehow trace your roots back to the old country on both sides.

Gotti Sr. changed it his son Jr., is 25% Russian.

Today I doubt very much they are requiring 100%
The pool is so much smaller today.
If the insist on that then the pool would almost be non-existant.
I believe the rule changed back to 100% italian in 2000 when the commission meeting with Joe Massino took place.
Who were the attendants of this meeting?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Shellackhead wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:07 am Who were the attendants of this meeting?

Off the top of my head Joe Massino, Sal Vitale, Peter Gotti, Joel Cacace, Louie Daidone and Larry Dentico. The meeting was held in a house/building opened by Bonanno Soldier Louis Restizo but I don't think he was at the meeting itself.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:10 am
Shellackhead wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:07 am Who were the attendants of this meeting?

Off the top of my head Joe Massino, Sal Vitale, Peter Gotti, Joel Cacace, Louie Daidone and Larry Dentico. The meeting was held in a house/building opened by Bonanno Soldier Louis Restizo but I don't think he was at the meeting itself.

Pogo
Thanks
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

No...I'm talking about what it means in relation to what it was prior to modern days, specifically the 70's and before then.
It was a true HONOR for somebody to even be proposed and it was reserved only for very serious guys who knew the life and had the pedigree or background growing up in the neighborhood.
Insofar as his father, what I'm saying is that I don't think there is anybody around who can actually vouch that his father is 100% Italian, and that comes from somebody who grew up in the neighborhood and knew all these guys as kids. (Not George obviously)
George never hung around any crew until his son became associated and then made with Frankie Loc's crew. We're talking early 90's here. His father would not have been considered a serious prospect for induction, save for Andrew.
The same is true for James Ciaccia, maybe even more so with him. He was just not a very serious guy. Not sour grapes, or complaining....believe me, it's the last thing I'd ever want. I've done very well for myself without the headaches and have no desire to "answer" to anybody.
In citing the "same old story", I meant in relation to the type of guy getting straightened out today versus guys like Papa Dave, Nicky Nelson, Joe Dente Sr, Steve Crea, Frank and Joe Loc and any of the guys who got it in the mid-late 70's and before when the books were open.
It's just a different breed of guy in my opinion.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

Bruno187 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:49 am No...I'm talking about what it means in relation to what it was prior to modern days, specifically the 70's and before then.
It was a true HONOR for somebody to even be proposed and it was reserved only for very serious guys who knew the life and had the pedigree or background growing up in the neighborhood.
Insofar as his father, what I'm saying is that I don't think there is anybody around who can actually vouch that his father is 100% Italian, and that comes from somebody who grew up in the neighborhood and knew all these guys as kids. (Not George obviously)
George never hung around any crew until his son became associated and then made with Frankie Loc's crew. We're talking early 90's here. His father would not have been considered a serious prospect for induction, save for Andrew.
The same is true for James Ciaccia, maybe even more so with him. He was just not a very serious guy. Not sour grapes, or complaining....believe me, it's the last thing I'd ever want. I've done very well for myself without the headaches and have no desire to "answer" to anybody.
In citing the "same old story", I meant in relation to the type of guy getting straightened out today versus guys like Papa Dave, Nicky Nelson, Joe Dente Sr, Steve Crea, Frank and Joe Loc and any of the guys who got it in the mid-late 70's and before when the books were open.
Appreciate the insights Bruno. I’m not familiar with Nicky Nelson (at least that nickname) - do you mind sharing any additional background info such as real name, which family he was made into and/or the time period/rackets he was involved (or allegedly involved with)? I know Papa Dave and Frank Loc were with the Gams (I assume Joe Loc as well - was that Frank’s father/uncle/brother/cousin? I’m not familiar with him either) while Crea was Lucchese and Dente was Genovese.

I know you (along with Charlie) have referenced growing up on Arthur Ave and sharing your experience growing up there has been super interesting to read about so I thank you for sharing and any additional info on Nicky Nelson and/or Joe Loc would be greatly appreciated!
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Southshore88 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:27 pm
Bruno187 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:49 am No...I'm talking about what it means in relation to what it was prior to modern days, specifically the 70's and before then.
Appreciate the insights Bruno. I’m not familiar with Nicky Nelson (at least that nickname) - do you mind sharing any additional background info such as real name, which family he was made into and/or the time period/rackets he was involved (or allegedly involved with)? I know Papa Dave and Frank Loc were with the Gams (I assume Joe Loc as well - was that Frank’s father/uncle/brother/cousin? I’m not familiar with him either) while Crea was Lucchese and Dente was Genovese.

I know you (along with Charlie) have referenced growing up on Arthur Ave and sharing your experience growing up there has been super interesting to read about so I thank you for sharing and any additional info on Nicky Nelson and/or Joe Loc would be greatly appreciated!
joe locascio was franks brother
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Appreciate the insights Bruno. I’m not familiar with Nicky Nelson (at least that nickname) - do you mind sharing any additional background info such as real name, which family he was made into
Nicola Melillo of I believe the Gambino family. He owned a couple carting companies in Queens and ran the waste trade association there.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:38 am
Appreciate the insights Bruno. I’m not familiar with Nicky Nelson (at least that nickname) - do you mind sharing any additional background info such as real name, which family he was made into
Nicola Melillo of I believe the Gambino family. He owned a couple carting companies in Queens and ran the waste trade association there.
Awesome thanks - that name rings a bell. I didn’t know he was a Bronx and also as unsure about his family, rackets, rank and time period so thank you.
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

All prior messages were accurate regarding Joe Loc and Nick Melillo....he wasn't a Bronx guy, but from Queens. Like Johnny Scootch mentioned, he was very active in carting and garbage industry citywide. I mentioned him because he was a fixture at the club next door to my house when all the wiseguys would congregate there on Sundays. He was a very nice guy, but a very serious guy, as I alluded to in my post from yesterday. Passed away late 70's-early 80's.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

Bruno187 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:38 am All prior messages were accurate regarding Joe Loc and Nick Melillo....he wasn't a Bronx guy, but from Queens. Like Johnny Scootch mentioned, he was very active in carting and garbage industry citywide. I mentioned him because he was a fixture at the club next door to my house when all the wiseguys would congregate there on Sundays. He was a very nice guy, but a very serious guy, as I alluded to in my post from yesterday. Passed away late 70's-early 80's.
Thanks for the follow up info Bruno. Much appreciated.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Second that, always appreciate brunos posts especially when it comes to the bronx
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

So a few hours ago on Instagram, Pennisi posted a business card that Pete Inzerillo gave him several years ago when he was still on the street. It was for his metal company or something. The business card was actually made out of metal. Anyways, Pennisi pointed out that Inzerillo spelled his last name “Inserillo” on the card and that Pete told him he did that in case anyone googled him.

Unfortunately, Pennisi didn’t block out any of the contact info on the card. And he just made another post saying that one of his IG followers called the phone numbers on the card. So he deleted the original post.

LOL.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:51 pm So a few hours ago on Instagram, Pennisi posted a business card that Pete Inzerillo gave him several years ago when he was still on the street. It was for his metal company or something. The business card was actually made out of metal. Anyways, Pennisi pointed out that Inzerillo spelled his last name “Inserillo” on the card and that Pete told him he did that in case anyone googled him.

Unfortunately, Pennisi didn’t block out any of the contact info on the card. And he just made another post saying that one of his IG followers called the phone numbers on the card. So he deleted the original post.

LOL.
I saw that..wonder if that was still his number lol
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

This guy John Pennisi always bashing his former crew member/captain…

I wonder if anyone has gotten shelved over the things they’ve said about each other or done.