John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

BensonHURST
Prospect

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by BensonHURST »

OcSleeper wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:31 pm The one thing that has always stayed consistent is full members are only Italian. In cities with families that are now labelled defunct we never saw them recruit non-italians when their membership dwindled so its safe to say we won't ever see it.
That rule changed from time to time.
From full blooded to just in your fathers side.

They used to somehow trace your roots back to the old country on both sides.

Gotti Sr. changed it his son Jr., is 25% Russian.

Today I doubt very much they are requiring 100%
The pool is so much smaller today.
If the insist on that then the pool would almost be non-existant.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

I wasn't clear in my post. I didn't mean there were only full blooded Italians, I meant only Italians were ever made as in if you had Italian blood you could get made.
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

TommyGambino wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:02 am
OcSleeper wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:31 pm The one thing that has always stayed consistent is full members are only Italian. In cities with families that are now labelled defunct we never saw them recruit non-italians when their membership dwindled so its safe to say we won't ever see it.
Not true. a lot are half italian
Very true.
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

TommyGambino wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:04 am
Bruno187 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:49 pm
Philly d wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:30 pm
Bruno187 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:01 pm I get was Garcia was hinting at but Campos didn't "grow up' with Puffy, and he certainly didn't grow up with Garcia even though they did happen to go to the same High School, it was probably about 15 years apart.
Campos was born and raised on Hoffman and 187th street and is about 50-51 today. Garcia is at LEAST 10 years older than that. Garcia knows what he knows because he infiltrated the Bronx Gambino's and put DePalma and Fillipelli away. He does know quite a bit about him though. His father is a guy named George who was also a neighborhood guy, but like his son, had people wondering if he was Italian or Latino.
Fillipelli is good friends with him, but he didn't "grow up with him" either. He grew up in Harlem.
Fillipelli grew up with George or Andy? How can they not figure out if he is italian? does he have a spanish name but act and look more italian?
George has gotta be pushin' 80 these days. He was always a knockaround guy from the neighborhood going back to at least the 70's, but always hung out with Italians. I doubt there would be anybody left who might remember George's early days and know his parents even IF they were even spent in the neighborhood.
Andrew and Filipelli are friends now, but didn't know each other growing up. Garcia only knows these guys because of the operation he got put on with the FBI, and Filipelli was one of his first contacts before DePalma. It was a coincidence that Garcia and Campos went to the same high school, but most definitely had no knowledge of each other. Garcia has gotta be in his 60's now and Andrew is in his early 50's.
Surely frank loc knew them, he must be at least part italian to get made
Oddly enough, the way it worked was Campos' mother is Italian (and has been mentioned in here before, was maybe the most beautiful girl in the neighborhood at one time). Georgie was a knockaround guy with balls. It was Andrew who started hanging with the Loc crew in the late 80's early 90's. Eventually he got proposed. His father only got straightened out because of Andrew, as did a few guys in his crew who would have NEVER gotten their button in the old days. Believe me, his father would NEVER have gotten anything without Andrew already being straightened out.
I know it sounds like same old story, but in this case it's true. Andrew probably deserved it from his own perspective, but his bringing some other guys in who had no business getting made has probably further demeaned the meaning of getting straightened out.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Bruno187 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:30 pm
TommyGambino wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:04 am
Bruno187 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:49 pm
Philly d wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:30 pm
Bruno187 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:01 pm I get was Garcia was hinting at but Campos didn't "grow up' with Puffy, and he certainly didn't grow up with Garcia even though they did happen to go to the same High School, it was probably about 15 years apart.
Campos was born and raised on Hoffman and 187th street and is about 50-51 today. Garcia is at LEAST 10 years older than that. Garcia knows what he knows because he infiltrated the Bronx Gambino's and put DePalma and Fillipelli away. He does know quite a bit about him though. His father is a guy named George who was also a neighborhood guy, but like his son, had people wondering if he was Italian or Latino.
Fillipelli is good friends with him, but he didn't "grow up with him" either. He grew up in Harlem.
Fillipelli grew up with George or Andy? How can they not figure out if he is italian? does he have a spanish name but act and look more italian?
George has gotta be pushin' 80 these days. He was always a knockaround guy from the neighborhood going back to at least the 70's, but always hung out with Italians. I doubt there would be anybody left who might remember George's early days and know his parents even IF they were even spent in the neighborhood.
Andrew and Filipelli are friends now, but didn't know each other growing up. Garcia only knows these guys because of the operation he got put on with the FBI, and Filipelli was one of his first contacts before DePalma. It was a coincidence that Garcia and Campos went to the same high school, but most definitely had no knowledge of each other. Garcia has gotta be in his 60's now and Andrew is in his early 50's.
Surely frank loc knew them, he must be at least part italian to get made
Oddly enough, the way it worked was Campos' mother is Italian (and has been mentioned in here before, was maybe the most beautiful girl in the neighborhood at one time). Georgie was a knockaround guy with balls. It was Andrew who started hanging with the Loc crew in the late 80's early 90's. Eventually he got proposed. His father only got straightened out because of Andrew, as did a few guys in his crew who would have NEVER gotten their button in the old days. Believe me, his father would NEVER have gotten anything without Andrew already being straightened out.
I know it sounds like same old story, but in this case it's true. Andrew probably deserved it from his own perspective, but his bringing some other guys in who had no business getting made has probably further demeaned the meaning of getting straightened out.
Who are the members of the Campos crew? Fiore, Martino, George campos. who else?
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

James Ciaccia. He was straightened out in 2016.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

First time I’ve seen a pic on Tall Pete Inzerillo. Any infos of
Him? And are other Inzerillo guys in the Gambinos as of today?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

BensonHURST wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:01 am

The last I've seen in print, i.e. by Capeci and some other places, is that the rule is 100% Italian. But I wonder if that can simply mean both father and mother have Italian last names.
All roads lead to New York.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:54 am

The last I've seen in print, i.e. by Capeci and some other places, is that the rule is 100% Italian. But I wonder if that can simply mean both father and mother have Italian last names.
Simply impossible. There is no such thing as 100% of anything.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Johnny1and1
Straightened out

Post by Johnny1and1 »

[/quote]

Simply impossible. There is no such thing as 100% of anything.
[/quote]

I'd suggest this is correct. The last thing someone might have saw in writing, is exactly that, something someone had seen in writing. Several examples of not 100% full blood Italians as made guys, if the Feds are to be believed, and they should not always be believed as they need enough to convict. Outside of this, they don't need to be entirely accurate. And we have examples of where they have been inaccurate.
Vacari Lives!
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

I’m pretty sure they mean close enough these guys ain’t exactly Himmler tracing back your ancestors and measuring skulls
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Dave65827 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:38 am I’m pretty sure they mean close enough these guys ain’t exactly Himmler tracing back your ancestors and measuring skulls
Yes. "Close enough" but not 100%. Although ancestry.com could be used if they wanted to be stringent like that. In that instance, last names would mean little as people with Italian ancestry have all types of last names, vowel abundant and non
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Shellackhead wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:50 pm First time I’ve seen a pic on Tall Pete Inzerillo. Any infos of
Him? And are other Inzerillo guys in the Gambinos as of today?
Francesco Inzerillo. He was very close with Frank Cali.

Tall Pete has been a soldier since at least 2002 so he was straightened out quite young. Indicted with Joe Lanni in 2010 but those charges never came to anything. Franco Lupoi who is an associate with ties to Ndrangheta was on record with tall Pete. Sal Lombardo too before he was given permission to be straightened out with the Gambinos.
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

I believe the rule changed back to 100% italian in 2000 when the commission meeting with Joe Massino took place.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Bruno187 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:30 pm
The mother was Italian ok but the father got straightened out also are you saying he isn’t Italian at all?

It’s funny to me when you say it’s the same old story because it is. Whenever some guys get straightened out and it’s filtering through the neighborhood inevitably you’ll hear neighborhood guys and even sometimes made guys complaining that they didn’t deserve it. It’s gotta be a story as old as being made itself.