Gang Land July 28 2022

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Chaps
Straightened out

Re: Gang Land July 28 2022

Post by Chaps »

For the record Grimaldi’s House of Bread has been in that family for around 100 years. It was either Vito’s father or grandfather started it.
Uforeality
Straightened out

Post by Uforeality »

Pennisi seems to think this is business as usual for the Bonnano family.
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

Does anyone know if this made any of the national news or big time papers? The back story to this beat down written in the real time would be to die for. Love those east coast accents looool
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

B. wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:40 pm
CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:24 am
B. wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:58 pm Capeci seems to be saying the Grimaldis continued paying tribute to Mancuso via their bakery and were in better standing than Cammarano. Strange they'd be on the shelf and passing along money from their legitimate business -- Vito Grimaldi paid large tribute to the Massino admin from his joker poker machines (one of the few operations the Family "officially" taxed) but it would be news if they've been sending up money from the bakery.

I find that part of the article the most confusing -- was Vito Grimaldi still on the shelf when he died or was he reinstated?
I don't quite get it. Doesn't the Mozzarella guy pay? And all the food guys? Why wouldn't Grimaldi pay?
He was shelved and multiple Bonanno CWs have said tribute wasn't demanded for most Bonanno activities during the Rastelli and Massino eras. Don't know if that's changed but I'd be interested in whether Capeci has concrete info the Grimaldis pay tribute from their bakery, especially after being shelved.
I'm terrible at the dialogue game.... the Hesh and Tony scene... about taxing Hesh...

Tony; " What do you mean it's a REASONABLE request?"
Hesh; " Hes the boss now Tony. It's how it's always been... you can change the rules..."

It went something like that....what about the pizzerias guy who paid, who hot made to avoid extortion payments? Or rather, maybe the payments just got redirected to another mobster?
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Cabrini, thats a fictional show. Writers gave actors words to say. Theyre called lines in showbiz. Then a director yells action and those actors say the words into the camera.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Cheech wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:53 am Cabrini, thats a fictional show. Writers gave actors words to say. Theyre called lines in showbiz. Then a director yells action and those actors say the words into the camera.
Lol.. bruh. All I'm saying is Food is one of the mobs biggest legit businesses. Restaurants, food supply, cheese, sauce, Cali and his produce. Roma, Ferro, all that. There has to be too many examples to name. They NEVER took a tribute from a food business? A bakery, a restaurant, NOTHING?
Really? Grande cheese? Nothing? It's more of a question I'm asking here.....

And the overall point I was trying to make stands. Wealthy secure men like a Corralo has ONE set of rules for say, the Jersey crew. Then a regime change happens and the "rules" change. Happens all the time, if you wanted a non fictional example.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:52 pm
John W wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:50 pm No one’s going to the mattresses these days

There hasn't been a war a since the Colombo thing.

Pogo

LOL, like Cheech bro... they even played this game in this VERY thread. It wasn't actually that serious, lol
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:43 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:52 pm
John W wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:50 pm No one’s going to the mattresses these days

There hasn't been a war a since the Colombo thing.

Pogo

LOL, like Cheech bro... they even played this game in this VERY thread. It wasn't actually that serious, lol
No one needs to tell Pogo that's a fictional show bro. He knows...
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

AntComello wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:08 am Highly doubt this was a spur of the moment thing given mancusos track record I’d put money that he gave then orders to put hands on Cammarano if he attends the wake. Seems way too harsh to have just been a spur of the moment thing. IMO Mancuso most def put a bug in their ear and they had no problem following orders. Only problem for them was the dozen bikers Canmarano brought with him. I would say Canmarano will be rolling with at least one body gaurd whenever he leaves his house for the next few months or at least till this is resolved.
Hi AntComello- if this joe C is on the shelf, there is no resolving it, I don't think. he is not in the mob. if im wrong, pls tell me but from the small bits I've heard 1st hand and all the shit Ive read, it seems like they are civilians when shelved and can be shaken down, taxed, whatever
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:41 am
Cheech wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:53 am Cabrini, thats a fictional show. Writers gave actors words to say. Theyre called lines in showbiz. Then a director yells action and those actors say the words into the camera.
Lol.. bruh. All I'm saying is Food is one of the mobs biggest legit businesses. Restaurants, food supply, cheese, sauce, Cali and his produce. Roma, Ferro, all that. There has to be too many examples to name. They NEVER took a tribute from a food business? A bakery, a restaurant, NOTHING?

And the overall point I was trying to make stands. Wealthy secure men like a Corralo has ONE set of rules for say, the Jersey crew. Then a regime change happens and the "rules" change. Happens all the time, if you wanted a non fictional example.
Bro youre the man. Just busting. Hope all is good
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

As an aside to busting cabrinis balls cause hes a good sport and a really good poster with some really great insight thats really trying to understand what this thing is all about.
being on the “shelf” could be its own thread. Probably should be. Bonnanos seem to be all on and off. Johnny Joe Jr , Simone Esposito etc etc.
lets say Porky is on the shelf. Do we think he just stopped being one of the biggest bookmakers on the east coast and get a job? No. Think joe c have up his shylock book? No. But being on the shelf for the gambino just might mean that. Idk but its interesting anyway and im glad we have something to talk about
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

CornerBoy wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:44 am
AntComello wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:08 am Highly doubt this was a spur of the moment thing given mancusos track record I’d put money that he gave then orders to put hands on Cammarano if he attends the wake. Seems way too harsh to have just been a spur of the moment thing. IMO Mancuso most def put a bug in their ear and they had no problem following orders. Only problem for them was the dozen bikers Canmarano brought with him. I would say Canmarano will be rolling with at least one body gaurd whenever he leaves his house for the next few months or at least till this is resolved.
Hi AntComello- if this joe C is on the shelf, there is no resolving it, I don't think. he is not in the mob. if im wrong, pls tell me but from the small bits I've heard 1st hand and all the shit Ive read, it seems like they are civilians when shelved and can be shaken down, taxed, whatever
I've always understood it to mean that they are still members of the mob, but cannot engage in any criminal activity on behalf of the family. They still have to answer if called back into service, so to speak. The only time members stop being members is if they die or flip.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Cheech wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:46 pm
CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:41 am

Bro youre the man. Just busting. Hope all is good
Lmao... it's all good. Like I said. I AM TERRIBLE at the game..lol
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

I thought Vito Grimaldi was capo of the ZIPS of the Bonannos???
Before he was shelved obviously

Interesting it says the bakery was still paying tribute
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

chin_gigante wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:50 am
Wiseguy wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:28 am Early on around the 4:30 mark, Pennisi says Joseph Grimaldi was an acting captain before being shelved. If he was acting for his father, who was official captain, that would make more sense (to me at least) than them running two separate crews.
Important to note Lovaglio testified that Natale Mule was acting captain for Joseph Grimaldi. B also got info that Vito and Joseph had been split up and sent to separate crews:
B. wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:59 pm - Unrelated to the Castellammarese, but Vito and Joe Grimaldi were originally with the Asaro decina but then were split up and assigned to different crews. The Grimaldis still maintain close ties to Sicily.
viewtopic.php?p=233276#p233276
I got more clarification on this today:

- When the Grimaldis were split up, Joe Grimaldi stayed with the Asaro crew while Vito Grimaldi was assigned to the Cammarano crew. So it looks four or five captains from the 2010s came from these two crews.

Some other info related to Vito Grimaldi:

- Knew Sicilian mafiosi in his family's native hometown Santa Ninfa. His wife was born there.

- Sent a group of associates to beat up a physically-imposing thief who was stealing from Grimaldi's joker poker machines. Grimaldi specifically instructed his associates to use their "hands" when assaulting the guy. Because of the guy's size, the associates used a nightstick to beat him up. When they reported back to Grimaldi, he was extremely upset that they used a weapon and didn't follow his instruction to use only their hands.

- Vito Grimaldi knew a great deal about Bonanno Family history and would talk about it for "hours". He would bring up early Brooklyn/Queens names like Joe DiMaria (native of Santa Ninfa) and Joe Bonanno's bro-in-law Frank LaBruzzo, among others.

- Though Grimaldi would casually mention Bonanno history, he would sometimes cut his commentary short and associates weren't in a position to ask questions. He once inferred that he knew who the killers were in the 1967 Cypress Gardens triple murder and dropped some hints.

- Grimaldi described as a true believer in Cosa Nostra who took the life very seriously.

- The Cammaranos aren't of Sicilian heritage and were seen as Italian-American type members in the vein of Joe Massino. The involvement of Joe Sr. and his sons with motorcycles and biker culture was well-known.

- Not directly related, but Tony Green Urso held court at a nightclub where he sponsored the bartender for membership into the Bonanno Family (not sure who it is). Urso would make the club's MC announce Urso's presence in the club and treat him like the guest of honor, with Urso pretending to be humble (i.e. "Oh, you shouldn't have") and acting like he had nothing to do with it. Dom Cicale's description of him is very accurate. Despite being a Massino guy and non-Sicilian, Urso got along well with the Sicilians he supervised in Middle Village / Ridgewood.