John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by chin_gigante »

Interesting little bit in the latest Q&A video he put up. He's asked if the other families have nicknames in the same way the Genovese family is referred to as the West Side.
The Bonanno family is sometimes referred to as the Bananas. The Gambinos I've heard referred to as the Gams or the Gambis. The Colombo family I've heard referred to as the Persico family at times. Or, if somebody wants to talk about the Colombos and they don't want to mention their name they do this [makes a C sign with thumb and index finger]. The Lucchese family is often referred to as the Lukes, or if they don't want to mention their name they'll do this [makes an L sign with thumb and index finger].
Also says despite Gigante being long dead, people still refer to the Genovese family by touching their chins.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Charlie wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:23 am Funny they would meet at Villa Barone. For years it was the place you knew you would find Quiet dom Cirillo if you needed to see him. Every day of the week. Right around the corner from Balsamo’s.
Makes sense. I went to Villa Barone years ago and had wondered if the place was connected.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

John Baudanza is a member of Castelucci’d crew
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Shellackhead wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:02 pm John Baudanza is a member of Castelucci’d crew
Was. He was transferred out.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:46 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:02 pm John Baudanza is a member of Castelucci’d crew
Was. He was transferred out.
Who’s crew was he transferred to?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Shellackhead wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:54 pm Who’s crew was he transferred to?
Pennisi doesnt say. His direct quote 'As soon as the big transition happened, he was transferred to another crew'
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Bruno187 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:49 pm I haven't seen any pics of him around the internet. VERY low-key and quiet guy now. I wasn't sure if he was straightened out with the Lucchese's or the Gambino's until I heard Pennisi. He's mostly around Arthur/Belmont area, but I don't know who's crew he's in.
Bruno my uncle grew up in Morris Park in the 60's and he said everyone he knew was Westside or Luchese. He didn't know any Gambinos (let alone Bonanos). Were the Gambinos bigger in Belmont? And were the Bonanos a later precence in the Bronx?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Philly d wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:16 pm
Bruno187 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:49 pm I haven't seen any pics of him around the internet. VERY low-key and quiet guy now. I wasn't sure if he was straightened out with the Lucchese's or the Gambino's until I heard Pennisi. He's mostly around Arthur/Belmont area, but I don't know who's crew he's in.
Bruno my uncle grew up in Morris Park in the 60's and he said everyone he knew was Westside or Luchese. He didn't know any Gambinos (let alone Bonanos). Were the Gambinos bigger in Belmont? And were the Bonanos a later precence in the Bronx?
My impression is that yes, the Gambinos were more prominent over by Belmont rather than the East Bx (though I’m sure there must’ve been a few around). You might be right about the Bonannos having a later presence. At least with the guys like Mancuso and Zottola living in CC/TN, my impression is that these were more recent transplants from East Harlem. From what older CC residents have told me, the earlier wave of settlement from East Harlem seems to have included a bunch of Genovese guys, I’d imagine Lucchese as well (though I’m not sure if they were more likely to settle in PB/Middletown and MP vs CC/TN). The Luccheses of course already had a presence in the East Bx, on Pelham Pkwy, back during the Castellammarese War.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

'let me tell ya something' 'that's when he always sounds like he's lying, stepped in to protect Blaise corrozzos honour 😂
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

JP sounds bitter in the latest episode. I mean once you tell a guy you are out of life and he might suspect you might flip what do you expect to do? You know it's not goodfellas where he gives 2k and let's you walk away. I'm surprised he says he didn't know the life was like that. That's life in general what have you done for me lately? Not just the mob. That's why you have to make your own way
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

If you reflect on his stories, there's really nothing to them. He cites J. Perna but Perna was on here years back as a poster and confirmed he was not a tough guy; he's a bookmaker. I feel for him being dragged into Pennisi's overblown stories "intimating" violence that often end with nothing. Pennisi's delivery is so slow; the most benign of stories crawls along for half an hour. He was a brokester whose resume of violence - aside from the non-OC related time - is punching someone on a sidewalk in S.I. in front of the oft mentioned cigar shop owned by a capo that never put in any work.
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

Philly d wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:16 pm
Hello Philly,

Gambinos and Westside were the big crews in Belmont/Arthur for years, although that's where Steve Crea is from too, so there was always a very small Lucchese presence.
Gambino's also had Ct and some Westchester going back to 60's and 70's but my understanding is that waaay back the Genovese had a very large presence in Westchester, particularly White Plains going back to the 30's and 40's.
Bonanno's were prevalent over in Country Club and Throggs Neck for the most part.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

outfit guy wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:05 am He was a brokester whose resume of violence - aside from the non-OC related time - is punching someone on a sidewalk in S.I. in front of the oft mentioned cigar shop owned by a capo that never put in any work.
Yeah, Its not like he ever killed someone. :roll:
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:52 am
outfit guy wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:05 am He was a brokester whose resume of violence - aside from the non-OC related time - is punching someone on a sidewalk in S.I. in front of the oft mentioned cigar shop owned by a capo that never put in any work.
Yeah, Its not like he ever killed someone. :roll:
Tbf he did say non-oc related crimes. And obviously he did more then just that one beating