General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:33 pm
Snakes wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:15 pm
Gabagool718 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:59 pm
Snakes wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:54 am As a brief aside, the following individuals died before ever "officially" being recognized as "made members" by the FBI, although all of them have a reasonably high chance of being classified as such (excepting perhaps Imparato):

Michael Glitta
Salvatore Gruttadauro
Angelo Imparato
Lee Magnafichi
Frank Zizzo [added, 7/28]

If I find evidence that any of these individuals (or others not listed above) are posthumously identified as "LCN members" I will go back and revise previous versions of the list. I want to make sure that everything in this thread is documented or confirmed! Antilliar also had some good suggestions above that one could reasonably classify as "made" during the specified time period. I am still digging so this will definitely be an ongoing project.
When was Albie Vena made?
Not sure but I'd guess early 90s
If Vena was involved in the Dorfman murder with Frank Schweihs then in was probably in the 1980s. That was a huge hit
I have an FBI file that states they believe everyone involved in that murder is dead. Doesn't mean that Vena wasn't, but it's something to consider.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Snakes wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:54 am As a brief aside, the following individuals died before ever "officially" being recognized as "made members" by the FBI, although all of them have a reasonably high chance of being classified as such (excepting perhaps Imparato):

Michael Glitta
Salvatore Gruttadauro
Angelo Imparato
Lee Magnafichi

If I find evidence that any of these individuals (or others not listed above) are posthumously identified as "LCN members" I will go back and revise previous versions of the list. I want to make sure that everything in this thread is documented or confirmed! Antilliar also had some good suggestions above that one could reasonably classify as "made" during the specified time period. I am still digging so this will definitely be an ongoing project.
If Vena was involved in the Dorfman murder with Frank Schweihs then in was probably in the 1980s. That was a huge hit
Vena was most likely made in the 90s. His name never came up in the 3 making ceramonies in the 80s.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Frank wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:00 pm

Michael Glitta
Salvatore Gruttadauro
Angelo Imparato
Lee Magnafichi

Vena was most likely made in the 90s. His name never came up in the 3 making ceramonies in the 80s.
I was watching Red’s recent video and said Schweihs did the murder with another person but he won’t comment on the other person bc he is still alive. He said Frank Schweihs told him who the other person is.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:51 pm
Frank wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:00 pm

Michael Glitta
Salvatore Gruttadauro
Angelo Imparato
Lee Magnafichi

I was watching Red’s recent video and said Schweihs did the murder with another person but he won’t comment on the other person bc he is still alive. He said Frank Schweihs told him who the other person is.
FWIW I was told by someone who wouldn’t want their name repeated that Vena was the other hitter. I know that this contradicts the FBI intel that Snakes referenced — I’m not making any claims as to the veracity of it, just reporting what I was told.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Allegedly Panczko drove and Vena and Schweihs were the shooters.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Antiliar wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:36 pm Allegedly Panczko drove and Vena and Schweihs were the shooters.
Paul "Peanuts" Panczko?
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Antiliar wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:36 pm Allegedly Panczko drove and Vena and Schweihs were the shooters.
Panczko turned government witness so I think anyone involved would have been indicted. Where did you hear this from?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Do you mean Tony Panzica?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:31 am
Do you mean Tony Panzica?
Yes, Tony Panzica.

Here is the article where Scott B mentions FBI sources stating Schweihs, Vena, and Panzicz wee involved: https://gangsterreport.com/past-chicago ... ar-future/

I'll post a screencap later on of the file that I have stating all suspects are dead (if I can find it). Not that either one is "wrong," I don't know the date on the files Scott B files mentioned but if they post-date mine they may have come across some information since then that they weren't privy to in the 90s (which predates Schweihs's death, too).
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Tony Panzica was from the Heights originally. That would have made sense bc he was originally under Phil Alderisio like Lombardo and Schweis. I would also add Porky Pordyla was also a frequent accomplice of the German and also still alive. My money would be on Vena being involved however.

Wonder if Vena would have been sponsored by Lombardo? If you think about Dorfman and that connection, Lombardo was a central figure as a go-between and emissary between parties. Often Dorfman's guardian angel - would make sense his crew is used in this hit.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Keep in mind that this memo was dated December 1993, well after Red Wemette agreed to cooperate. So if he thought Vena was involved, he apparently either didn't tell the feds or they didn't believe him:

I also remember reading somewhere that Ronald DeAngeles or Vincent Inserro were suspected in this hit but I'm not certain. The way the above passage is worded also makes it sound like the FBI considered the "participants" the shooters.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Snakes wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:49 am Keep in mind that this memo was dated December 1993, well after Red Wemette agreed to cooperate. So if he thought Vena was involved, he apparently either didn't tell the feds or they didn't believe him:

I also remember reading somewhere that Ronald DeAngeles or Vincent Inserro were suspected in this hit but I'm not certain. The way the above passage is worded also makes it sound like the FBI considered the "participants" the shooters.
Interesting. If in 1993 they were all deceased, then Schweihs would not be a suspect. I figured it would be either Schweihs, Hansen, Schiro, Bock, or Porky. All those guys were obviously alive in 1993. Who do you think the FEDs suspected?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

I see a Tony Panzica passed away recently in Georgia. Anyone know if this is the Chicago Outfit Tony Panzica?

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/ch ... fhid=42021
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:20 am
Snakes wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:49 am Keep in mind that this memo was dated December 1993, well after Red Wemette agreed to cooperate. So if he thought Vena was involved, he apparently either didn't tell the feds or they didn't believe him:

Interesting. If in 1993 they were all deceased, then Schweihs would not be a suspect. I figured it would be either Schweihs, Hansen, Schiro, Bock, or Porky. All those guys were obviously alive in 1993. Who do you think the FEDs suspected?
DeAngeles and Inserro, maybe. Again, I'm not sure if I'm remembering that right.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Villain wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:35 pm
Paul "Peanuts" Panczko?
Anthony "Tony Nags" Panzica. Misremembered the spelling. The story is on Gangster Report: https://gangsterreport.com/past-chicago ... ar-future/