Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

antimafia
Full Patched

Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by antimafia »

Un promoteur immobilier obligé de retirer des terres contaminées à Rivière-des-Prairies

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/envi ... airies.php
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

motorfab wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:32 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:16 am
motorfab wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:05 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:55 am
Laurentian wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:10 am Le caïd Desjardins pourra retourner directement à la maison

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2021/ ... -la-maison
So Dejardins may in fact have a loyal crew behind him.... interesting.....

I wonder what the situation is between he and Miriarchi?
If Mirachi is supposed to be behind Rizzuto now ... But loyalty has never been the number one quality in these guys :roll:
I just wonder.... Dejardins did his time, he didnt rat... can or would he and Miriarchi reach a peace agreement?

Is Dejardins still in good standing with the Hells?

Who is the mafias biggest liaison with the Bikers now? Roberts and Brouilette?
Mom Boucher tried to get Desjardins killed in jail, so I think you can forget the Hells' support.

No idea for the rest I know almost nothing about the HA except the big lines

But hes out of the Hells right? And they patched over a lot of key enemies? Like Cazzeta, Brunetti? Boucher had fell out of favor I thought?

Plus Whooley said that his proximity to the Italians was causing him some issues amongst his power base, I wonder if that's still an issue.

And finally, are ALL the Hells chapters hostile to Dejardins, or just Laval?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

OcSleeper wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:46 am I like how all the articles are playing up "MAFIA WAR IMMINENT". I get the headlines draw viewers but I think Desjardins would be foolish to challenge them now. He's been away for 10 years and everything has changed. The Rizzutos are much more stable now with allies and some Halifax crime boss son isn't going to level the playing field imo
I dont know.... you wouldnt expect him to have won vs Montagna, but he did. If he doesnt plead guilty, I dont know WHAT would have happened....its the only reason Miriarchi went against him in the first place.

You think it completely out of the question they make peace? Miriarchi may have reached an accord with the Rizzutos, but hes also described as a ghost, I dont know if hes all the way in the clear, I dunno......I dont if they have peace or a cease fire.

It just wouldnt really surprise me if he comes out, and starts doing business again...
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

OcSleeper wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:46 am I like how all the articles are playing up "MAFIA WAR IMMINENT". I get the headlines draw viewers but I think Desjardins would be foolish to challenge them now. He's been away for 10 years and everything has changed. The Rizzutos are much more stable now with allies and some Halifax crime boss son isn't going to level the playing field imo
Does Dejardins have contacts at the Halifax port? Do you guys consider the Mexican component? Combined with biker or gang ties?1 He MIGHT still be able to conduct business...
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

I’m betting on desjardins getting killed before he makes any serious moves but who knows.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Like they say in Sicily, “An account with Cosa Nostra is never closed”.

Dude started a war which led to dozens of people getting killed. Probably not worth the risk to leave a guy like that on the street. I mean, if Scoppa’s book is correct, Steve Sauce had Moreno Gallo clipped all the way in fuckin Mexico. And Raynald had a boss killed.

So, unless Raynald packs his bags and moves to BC or The Yukon or something, I’m sure someone is going to want payback. There’s just too much bad blood between the Rizzutos, Sollecitos, Cuntreras, etc. all who suffered losses due to Raynald.

Just my two cents. Who the hell knows what’ll happen.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

stubbs wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:44 pm Like they say in Sicily, “An account with Cosa Nostra is never closed”.

Dude started a war which led to dozens of people getting killed. Probably not worth the risk to leave a guy like that on the street. I mean, if Scoppa’s book is correct, Steve Sauce had Moreno Gallo clipped all the way in fuckin Mexico. And Raynald had a boss killed.

So, unless Raynald packs his bags and moves to BC or The Yukon or something, I’m sure someone is going to want payback. There’s just too much bad blood between the Rizzutos, Sollecitos, Cuntreras, etc. all who suffered losses due to Raynald.

He actually didnt. Arcadi actually kicked it all off killing Bertolo. That's what turned Dejardins and Miriarchi. Like why is Miriarchi alive then? Right?

And I take into account motivations. According to Scoppa, Sollecito was vindictive and petty. He wasnt REALLY that loyal to Vito, he was very political. He hit Gallo cause Gallo told him and his father to leave town.
He had an opportunity to squash it, didnt want to.

I mean, it took em like 6 or 7 years to hit Joseph. I'm just wondering if Dejardins can be useful to SOMEONE....
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:54 pm You think it completely out of the question they make peace? Miriarchi may have reached an accord with the Rizzutos, but hes also described as a ghost, I dont know if hes all the way in the clear, I dunno......I dont if they have peace or a cease fire.

It just wouldnt really surprise me if he comes out, and starts doing business again...
Are you asking if i think Mirarchi will side with Desjarins again? To answer though, no I don't think he would. He seems to be in the clear currently and I don't see him or anyone wanting to restart the war. I think Desjardins will be dealt with within a year or 2 and no one will bat an eye. Even if Desjardins survives an attempt or 2 I don't think anyone will be coming to his aid.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

OcSleeper wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:23 pm
CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:54 pm You think it completely out of the question they make peace? Miriarchi may have reached an accord with the Rizzutos, but hes also described as a ghost, I dont know if hes all the way in the clear, I dunno......I dont if they have peace or a cease fire.

Are you asking if i think Mirarchi will side with Desjarins again? To answer though, no I don't think he would. He seems to be in the clear currently and I don't see him or anyone wanting to restart the war. I think Desjardins will be dealt with within a year or 2 and no one will bat an eye. Even if Desjardins survives an attempt or 2 I don't think anyone will be coming to his aid.
Not only that, I guess I'm wondering if there is ANY underworld faction that would benefit from an association with Dejardins, as well as asking if Dejardins CAN be useful to anyone at this point? Does he still have connections? Does he have any visible, or possibly unknown friends or allies? How powerful is he or isnt he? Is he like Pat Musitano in his last days? Or does he have more bite?
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:41 pm Not only that, I guess I'm wondering if there is ANY underworld faction that would benefit from an association with Dejardins, as well as asking if Dejardins CAN be useful to anyone at this point? Does he still have connections? Does he have any visible, or possibly unknown friends or allies? How powerful is he or isnt he? Is he like Pat Musitano in his last days? Or does he have more bite?
Well I don't know about all that, I'm just voicing my opinion. I'm sure he still has some connections and if what these articles say about the Spryfield Mob are true obviously some people are still willing to support him and see some value in it. I just think Montreal is a different place now. Back in the early 2000s from what I've read tensions were high throughout the different clans. Add Vito being sent to prison and then basically the whole leadership being caught in Project Colisée. The Rizzutos were severely weakened and had a lot of unhappy people. Unlike now the new generation has taken over and everyone seems content with the setup. I just can't see anyone wanting to go back to 10 years ago when we finally have peace and everyone is making money. Who would benefit from a continuation of the war?

I think people only followed Desjarins before because everyone saw that opportunity. Since he's been in jail the Rizzutos have taken out almost everyone who opposed them. There's no Di Maulo, no Gallo, no De Vito, and no Scoppas. If that isn't a clear enough message I don't know what is. This isn't something he can win anymore and after all the damage he's cause, there's no way Leonardo, Sollecito or Arcadi let him live.

I guarantee Arcadi already has his armoured SUVs out of the garage ready to go :D
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:31 pm
stubbs wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:44 pm Like they say in Sicily, “An account with Cosa Nostra is never closed”.

He actually didnt. Arcadi actually kicked it all off killing Bertolo. That's what turned Dejardins and Miriarchi. Like why is Miriarchi alive then? Right?

And I take into account motivations. According to Scoppa, Sollecito was vindictive and petty. He wasnt REALLY that loyal to Vito, he was very political. He hit Gallo cause Gallo told him and his father to leave town.

I mean, it took em like 6 or 7 years to hit Joseph. I'm just wondering if Dejardins can be useful to SOMEONE....
Not doubting you, and I know you clearly know your stuff bro... but I take Scoppa's opinion with a grain of salt.

Scoppa seems bitter about his life choices lol.. and super jealous of Sollecito. That doesn't mean his opinion of Sollecito is wrong, but reading all of the book excerpts you posted in that other thread, Scoppa seems like he's jealous Sollecito took control of everything and was close to Vito, as opposed to Scoppa doing it himself. So he seems bitter Sollecito out-maneuvered him on the street.

But, that's probably a longer discussion for the other thread.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

stubbs wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:51 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:31 pm

Not doubting you, and I know you clearly know your stuff bro... but I take Scoppa's opinion with a grain of salt.

Scoppa seems bitter about his life choices lol.. and super jealous of Sollecito. That doesn't mean his opinion of Sollecito is wrong, but reading all of the book excerpts you posted in that other thread, Scoppa seems like he's jealous Sollecito took control of everything and was close to Vito, as opposed to Scoppa doing it himself. So he seems bitter Sollecito out-maneuvered him on the street.

But, that's probably a longer discussion for the other thread.
Oh yeah.. he was a piece of work. He definitely got played by Steve Sauce. That's one thing the book authors were a little careful with.... they usually include either an article, police intelligence corroboration, or some thing official to back up SOME of the things Scoppa said that they actually believed. Some of it was true, a lot of obfuscation and misdirection though.

I always wonder what the story is with Miriarchi..... did he "inherit" or absorb Dejardins organization- contacts? His juice, so to speak? In the book, their beef was Dejardins pleading out, but he did the time....... so is there still a beef between them?
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

I’m interesting in the Spryfield mob and why a criminal group in Halifax want to fight for some French dude in Montreal lol. Anyone know anything more about this “Spryfield Mob” that Desjardins has supposedly recruited?

This article says there’s been a history of infighting within the group and has had a fair amount of rats within as well https://www.vice.com/en/article/qkgk5x/ ... feud-began
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Dave65827 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:22 am I’m interesting in the Spryfield mob and why a criminal group in Halifax want to fight for some French dude in Montreal lol. Anyone know anything more about this “Spryfield Mob” that Desjardins has supposedly recruited?

This article says there’s been a history of infighting within the group and has had a fair amount of rats within as well https://www.vice.com/en/article/qkgk5x/ ... feud-began
It comes down to what their business interest are, and what contacts Dejardins still has, what they can do for each other.

Like, I could be totally off, but I feel like many have Dejardins very wrong. They look at him like a mafia associate whose French. Not like say, the leader of the West End Gang or a powerful Hells chapter president, hell even like a Whooley or a Joseph, who led street gangs, and therefore held some power. I feel like Montagna made this mistake......

I see him as more of an independent crime lord who was close to Vito, more than a mafia employee......
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:38 am
Dave65827 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:22 am I’m interesting in the Spryfield mob and why a criminal group in Halifax want to fight for some French dude in Montreal lol. Anyone know anything more about this “Spryfield Mob” that Desjardins has supposedly recruited?

It comes down to what their business interest are, and what contacts Dejardins still has, what they can do for each other.

Like, I could be totally off, but I feel like many have Dejardins very wrong. They look at him like a mafia associate whose French. Not like say, the leader of the West End Gang or a powerful Hells chapter president, hell even like a Whooley or a Joseph, who led street gangs, and therefore held some power. I feel like Montagna made this mistake......

I see him as more of an independent crime lord who was close to Vito, more than a mafia employee......
Just a remark guys, Desjardins is a Quebecer, just like Tony Mucci or Vannelli or any guys of Montreal, not a French ... Agreed on the rest, he's not just an associate, but a big shot of the Montreal mob.