John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by aray22 »

Dapper_Don wrote:
mr white wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:23 pm
TSNYC wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:53 pm The thing I find odd about him is he really doesn’t describe being involved in much illegal business. Maybe delivering an envelope here or there. When people went to for cash it seems he’d go to a loan shark for the money. so don’t think he had a book, maybe earned a 1/2 point or something on some of those loans. Doesn’t discuss any shakedowns he was involved in. I haven’t watched all his videos but that’s something I find a bit strange. Maybe it’s modern LCN today for some of these guys. He basiclaly went to bars and dinners, hung out and gossiped.
I totally agree and can't tell what his main earn was..
I assume others on here saw that job offer letter Pennisi posted online as proof of one of his earns which was a safety officer or something (?) role that was for 90K, it was some company that Patty D was involved with
I believe he said his regular job was as a site manager which he was doing before he got made. Then he had that no show job you're referring to which was $80 or $90k. He also had money out on the street. Would it be crazy to think he was making at least $150k in illegitimate money based off his status as a Lucchese member? I don't. Only $25k (which is a conservative number) out on the street at 5 points is $1250 a week.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pennisi's story is typical throughout NYC history. Has some legitimate income to show, does loans and gets something else occasionally, but can put people on record, represent them at sitdowns, attend Family events, and is in the loop on Family politics/gossip. Might have been a short-term member in a declining era with a limited reputation but nothing strange about his story.

If he stayed in the life maybe he'd become a bigger operator but could just as well have been like hundreds of obscure members who came before him and operated similarly.

What's significant is how many people he met formally and how much he knew about Family politics and protocol as a newcomer. Shows that stuff doesn't depend on a big underworld resume.

He downplays it but I'm sure killing someone and doing hard time was important to his sponsor even though it wasn't a "hit".
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

He probably did alright for himself. Not a titan of industry or a super wealthy racketeer like some of those older Lucchese guys were, but he had two jobs (one being a no show), lent money, and participated in random shakedowns and solving disputes for money. To me it seems like he was probably able to live comfortable, live the life he wanted to live, and help take care of some family members. Really doesn't sound bad at all. Some people don't want the stress that comes with ambition and trying to chase everything. He's all but said verbatim that a lot of shit just wasn't worth putting up with and wasn't worth the money for him, and he was good with what he had going on. Kinda refreshing to just hear about a mobster who just wanted a little piece and a lot of peace... instead of these guys who claimed to have the biggest earns in history, cornering every market they worked in, etc

I wonder how many other guys were operating like that. The solving problems for money thing seems to be a big hustle for all of these guys, relatively low risk (I guess? Extortion charge?) for windfall cash...although every time Pennisi mentions those situations he talks about how the money was split up every which way between multiple guys
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

newera_212 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:20 pm I wonder how many other guys were operating like that.
As B already noted, probably quite a few.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

To Pennisi's credit, he doesn't exaggerate who he was or what he did. Doesn't even brag about killing someone to give himself tough guy cred.

Pennisi's story would be a lose/lose to people who just want to antagonize. If he made himself out to be a bigger deal, the same people would shit on him for that. He makes himself out to be exactly what he was and people are saying he was a brokester with boring stories. The man can't even talk about the supernatural without Capeci and a newspaper trying to make his show out to be Ancient Aliens.

I'm glad there is a member who has regularly dropped more info than Capeci and gone deep into the politics of the current Lucchese Family. If not for him, we would have threads about how Amuso isn't the real boss, "the guy in Tuckahoe" is calling all the shots, and we'd have way less info on current NYC members/captains for all five Families.
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

aray22 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:41 pm
Dapper_Don wrote:
mr white wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:23 pm
TSNYC wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:53 pm The thing I find odd about him is he really doesn’t describe being involved in much illegal business. Maybe delivering an envelope here or there. When people went to for cash it seems he’d go to a loan shark for the money. so don’t think he had a book, maybe earned a 1/2 point or something on some of those loans. Doesn’t discuss any shakedowns he was involved in. I haven’t watched all his videos but that’s something I find a bit strange. Maybe it’s modern LCN today for some of these guys. He basiclaly went to bars and dinners, hung out and gossiped.
I totally agree and can't tell what his main earn was..
I assume others on here saw that job offer letter Pennisi posted online as proof of one of his earns which was a safety officer or something (?) role that was for 90K, it was some company that Patty D was involved with
I believe he said his regular job was as a site manager which he was doing before he got made. Then he had that no show job you're referring to which was $80 or $90k. He also had money out on the street. Would it be crazy to think he was making at least $150k in illegitimate money based off his status as a Lucchese member? I don't. Only $25k (which is a conservative number) out on the street at 5 points is $1250 a week.
He def was not a brokester as a number of folks on these forums will want people to believe.
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

How about those that like his info, continue to enjoy it, those that want to shit on him do so privately and we move on. This Pennisi chatter is worse than Buffalo.

Not directed at anyone.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

B. wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:47 am To Pennisi's credit, he doesn't exaggerate who he was or what he did. Doesn't even brag about killing someone to give himself tough guy cred.

Pennisi's story would be a lose/lose to people who just want to antagonize. If he made himself out to be a bigger deal, the same people would shit on him for that. He makes himself out to be exactly what he was and people are saying he was a brokester with boring stories. The man can't even talk about the supernatural without Capeci and a newspaper trying to make his show out to be Ancient Aliens.

I'm glad there is a member who has regularly dropped more info than Capeci and gone deep into the politics of the current Lucchese Family. If not for him, we would have threads about how Amuso isn't the real boss, "the guy in Tuckahoe" is calling all the shots, and we'd have way less info on current NYC members/captains for all five Families.
+1
All roads lead to New York.
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

I think he provides great info. I'm going to keep listening to him.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I sent Pennisi the info on Moscitello on his IG and 2 days later he did the article and the blog. I must say....
"Well, I won't expect a thank you anytime soon, the grieving process it takes time the closer you are to somebody" from the great philosopher Phil Leotardo.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

How many guys that we (Pogo & the rest of those beast Researchers) found out through Pennisi that are made guys?
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I was being sarcastic I don't really give a sh*t I got SB props to bet on
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

He discussed a guy named good looking Louie who ran with Joey urgitano... I don't see him on the Lucchesse chart, maybe he's not made, just an under the radar guy
Or Navarro is not necessarily Italian or however its spelled
Makaveli
Straightened out

Post by Makaveli »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:18 am He discussed a guy named good looking Louie who ran with Joey urgitano... I don't see him on the Lucchesse chart, maybe he's not made, just an under the radar guy
I believe he is third from right in this pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

Makaveli wrote:
Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:18 am He discussed a guy named good looking Louie who ran with Joey urgitano... I don't see him on the Lucchesse chart, maybe he's not made, just an under the radar guy
I believe he is third from right in this pic
He shared this photo in the video. Guy on the left. He was 29 in 2012 when he got arrested with Joey Urgitano, and he looks around that age here.