Bonanno Family Lineage Chart

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Bonanno Family Lineage Chart

Post by B. »

I've seen an FBI report from after Evola's death (he died late August 1973) that says Marangello had been elevated to consigliere and that the post had been open since DiFilippi died in 1972. The Violi tape about Alfano fits that timeline, that he held it while Evola was alive, but I wonder if it was official or acting. Giuseppe Buccellato was also reportedly acting consigliere during that window as well if I remember right.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

So would Marangello have only been consigliere for about six months then? In March 1974, Violi was recorded telling Rizzuto about how Rastelli was elected official boss, and that Marangello was underboss and Cannone the consigliere.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Yeah it seems it would have been short-term. Before he was consigliere there is a report that says Marangello was the senior / top capodecina helping run the Family, basically the street boss, so he was part of the leadership in different capacities for a while.