General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Raven
Straightened out

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Raven »

Chrissy,

Have you read "Crimetown U.S.A.: The History of the Mahoning Valley Mafia: Organized Crime Activity in Ohio's Steel Valley 1933-1963"
by Allan R May? You can probably get it out of the library.

I live in Ohio as well, suburb of Cleveland.
Chrissy_Scars
Honorary Member

Post by Chrissy_Scars »

Raven wrote:Chrissy,

Have you read "Crimetown U.S.A.: The History of the Mahoning Valley Mafia: Organized Crime Activity in Ohio's Steel Valley 1933-1963"

I have not. JCB actually mentioned Allan May after our little spat. So I will check that out now. Have you read anything good on Cleveland? I know Rick Porrello has written a few books but I have not read any of them yet.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Raven wrote:Chrissy,

OC in the Steel Valley - Naw ;)
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

Yeah, I've read Porello's books. There is a great book out on Frank Brancato who was a Cleveland Capo/Acting Underboss decades ago. It is called "Brancato: Mafia Street Boss" and is by Frank Monastra, who is his grandson. I enjoyed that book more than Porello's books.
Chrissy_Scars
Honorary Member

Post by Chrissy_Scars »

Raven wrote:Yeah, I've read Porello's books. There is a great book out on Frank Brancato who was a Cleveland Capo/Acting Underboss decades ago. It is called "Brancato: Mafia Street Boss" and is by Frank Monastra, who is his grandson. I enjoyed that book more than Porello's books.
I'll get that one too. Thanks for the info! Look forward to speaking with you in the future.
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

I live around Pittsburgh and have a decent knowledge of Pittsburgh and Youngstown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chrissy_Scars
Honorary Member

Post by Chrissy_Scars »

phatmatress777 wrote:I live around Pittsburgh and have a decent knowledge of Pittsburgh and Youngstown

Hey phat-- I might reach out to you from time to time when I have questions on the area if you don't mind.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

always like to hear about their history
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Chrissy_Scars wrote:
phatmatress777 wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:I don't think Chrissy Scars is a chick. "Chrissy" is a reference to the Sorpanos.

Pogo
No argument was put up when jcb referred to her as mrs... I guess time will tell

Yes, I am a male. This is an alias - and yes it is in reference to Christopher Moltisanti. JCB just has it out for me because I'm new here and I contacted him. I sent him a PM, along with other members, asking him if he would be willing to answer any questions I had on Ohio because it seems like he knows a lot about the subject. I am from Youngstown and want to learn about the area. Believe it or not there is a lot of history out there but it is hard to find many people that have a wealth of detailed knowledge. He accused me of being a troll because I don't have a lot of posts here and I was messaging him. Then he apparently went through my few posts that I do have and made sure to comment on one to make his point. I'm just here trying to learn. I'm not trying to troll and i'm not trying to start trouble. I'm not looking to get into a feud. If anyone would like to share info on Ohio I would love to speak to you and get some info.
Fortunately, you have quite a few sources on this forum that could point you in the right direction if you're trying to read Youngstown history. Sorry I can't be of any assistance to you. I saved your PM to me, I called you a troll because it was an over the top PM that trolls tend to write. And if you're from Youngstown, you should start in the hometown paper's archives.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Raven wrote:Yeah, I've read Porello's books. There is a great book out on Frank Brancato who was a Cleveland Capo/Acting Underboss decades ago. It is called "Brancato: Mafia Street Boss" and is by Frank Monastra, who is his grandson. I enjoyed that book more than Porello's books.

Allan May played a major role with Brancato's grandson. Porello'S book Superthief was great. He's finishing one now on Shondor Birns.

Mrs. Scars, there's a few more resources for you if you want a bit more history in NE Ohio. What's your biggest memory of growing up in Youngstown?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:Perry Criscitelli, a New York restaurant owner who is an alleged capo of the Bonanno crime family.
What's your source that Criscitelli is a capo please?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Chrissy_Scars
Honorary Member

Post by Chrissy_Scars »

JCB1977 wrote:

Allan May played a major role with Brancato's grandson. Porello'S book Superthief was great. He's finishing one now on Shondor Birns.

Mrs. Scars, there's a few more resources for you if you want a bit more history in NE Ohio. What's your biggest memory of growing up in Youngstown?
Would you please stop calling me Mrs. Scars. We get your point. I'm not here to argue with people.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Chrissy_Scars wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:

Would you please stop calling me Mrs. Scars. We get your point. I'm not here to argue with people.
Sure, no problem. Tell me about growing up in Youngstown, I would love to hear your memories? I'm wondering if it is anything like growing up in Norristown, PA?

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

I didn't realize that Chrissy grew up in Youngstown. Let us know what side of town and what high school you went to. Where did you hang out?
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Chrissy_Scars
Honorary Member

Post by Chrissy_Scars »

FriendofHenry wrote:I didn't realize that Chrissy grew up in Youngstown. Let us know what side of town and what high school you went to. Where did you hang out?
Yes i did FriendofHenry. Graduated from Mooney in the early 00's. Then left to attend college at Kent State. And currently do not live in Northeast Ohio. I recently found the board and thought I'd join. Saw a lot of people talking about Ohio on here so I figured I'd start asking some questions.