Marco D’Amico died

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Marco D’Amico died

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks again. Looking over my list of dead guy's since 1997 can we confirm if any of the following were made members?

Dominick Basso (2001)
Salvatore Bastone (1998)
Frank Buccieri (2004)
Charles DiCaro (2011)
Bernard “Snooky” Morgano
Salvatore Muserino (2004)
Sam Urbana (1997)

Pogo
Last edited by Pogo The Clown on Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:18 am
Wiseguy wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:08 am Also, are we saying Nicholas Cautadella isn't made and Jerry Scalise is?
Gerald Scarpelli id'd Scalise as a made guy. I'll qualify it by saying that according to Scarpelli's 302 it appeared that he said that Scalise was a made member. I haven't seen evidence that Nicholas Cautadella was ever made. I'm not saying that he definitely isn't made, only that no evidence has been presented. Guilt by association isn't evidence. But if you have actual evidence such as testimony, please share it. So for now, I'm saying that he *probably* is not made (but I won't rule it out as a possibility).
What do you think of Frank Cullotta? Have you seen any of his videos? On one of his videos, he said that he "turned down" being a made man BEFORE he went to Las Vegas but AFTER he was sent there, he became a made man because Tony Spilotro was the only made man out there from Chicago at that time. I don't know, some of his stories are entertaining but I get the impression from listening to him that he doesn't let the truth get in the way of a good story if you know what I mean. lol
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:10 pm Thanks again. Looking over my list of dead guy's since 1997 can we confirm if any of the following were made members?

Dominick Basso (2001)
Salvatore Bastone (1998)
Frank Buccieri (2004)
Charles DiCaro (2011)
Bernard “Snooky” Morgano
Sam Urbana (1997)

Pogo
According to Mike Corbitt's Testimony, Sal Bastone was a high level Outfit guy in charge of an area with his brother. He seemed to indicate the way he talked about him that he was definitely a made guy. Mike Corbitt was the Police Chief in Willow Springs who was put there by Giancana & was a high level bagman that delivered money to the Bosses in the Outfit. He said he worked under the Bastone brothers.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Besides anybody knowing about the Spirizzi brothers, the obituary?
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Confederate wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:00 am What was the "source" of Sarno supposedly making a few guys?
That's what I want to know. I've seen this on the internet a million times but it's never sourced.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:10 pm Thanks again. Looking over my list of dead guy's since 1997 can we confirm if any of the following were made members?

Dominick Basso (2001)
Salvatore Bastone (1998)
Frank Buccieri (2004)
Charles DiCaro (2011)
Bernard “Snooky” Morgano
Sam Urbana (1997)

Pogo

Bastone and Buccieri, definitely made. DiCaro possibly. He was on some old lists from the 60s but I saw him listed as associate later. Morgano most likely. No on the rest.

I think Frank's brother and Joe Kong are two different guys.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Confederate wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:20 pm
What do you think of Frank Cullotta? Have you seen any of his videos? On one of his videos, he said that he "turned down" being a made man BEFORE he went to Las Vegas but AFTER he was sent there, he became a made man because Tony Spilotro was the only made man out there from Chicago at that time. I don't know, some of his stories are entertaining but I get the impression from listening to him that he doesn't let the truth get in the way of a good story if you know what I mean. lol
I don't believe he was ever made. If he's saying he was, he's likely the only one doing so.
Ivan wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:12 pm
Confederate wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:00 am What was the "source" of Sarno supposedly making a few guys?
That's what I want to know. I've seen this on the internet a million times but it's never sourced.
I'm wondering if it's one of those things that started out as supposition and, over time, became accepted fact.

Was it due to a guy like Sal Cautadella being identified as made (by who again?) and people assuming it was by Sarno? I don't remember.

As Antiliar pointed out earlier, despite some uncertainty about some of these guys, we're still looking at around 20 remaining members total. Anyone who talks about guys being made in recent years is going on their own theory alone.
All roads lead to New York.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:48 pm
Ivan wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:12 pm
I'm wondering if it's one of those things that started out as supposition and, over time, became accepted fact.

Was it due to a guy like Sal Cautadella being identified as made (by who again?) and people assuming it was by Sarno? I don't remember.

As Antiliar pointed out earlier, despite some uncertainty about some of these guys, we're still looking at around 20 remaining members total. Anyone who talks about guys being made in recent years is going on their own theory alone.
I can't remember if this was from a legitimate source or not but yes, it has been around for years. Still, as you implied, most of the guys we know as made, or even suspect as such, are elderly or have died. Cataudella, simply due to his position with Sarno, is probably made but it is so hard to tell with Chicago because there is very little out there. Family Secrets is really the only trial that came out and explicitly identified the defendants as "made." Everything else we have to go on is just bits and pieces from various other sources.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks again. Is there any substance to the Internet claim that Anthoby Calabrese (D/2018) was made for his role in the Chiarmonti hit?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:11 pm Thanks again. Is there any substance to the Internet claim that Anthoby Calabrese (D/2018) was made for his role in the Chiarmonti hit?

Pogo
I just have him listed as a "maybe." I suppose it is possible. Burnstein said he was made by Sarno but I don't like only using him as a source, although I have nothing against him otherwise.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:48 pm I'm wondering if it's one of those things that started out as supposition and, over time, became accepted fact.
I'm pretty sure that's what it is. The forums got infected with it around the time of the Sarno trial and it has flared up periodically ever since, like a herpes outbreak or something.

It's never been sourced as far as I can tell. The basis for it seems to be that Sarno "probably" did it because he was the "boss".
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Snakes wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:13 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:11 pm Thanks again. Is there any substance to the Internet claim that Anthoby Calabrese (D/2018) was made for his role in the Chiarmonti hit?

Pogo
I just have him listed as a "maybe." I suppose it is possible. Burnstein said he was made by Sarno but I don't like only using him as a source, although I have nothing against him otherwise.
Agreed. We know he did the hatch hit but If he also hit Ronnie Jarrett he was most likely made or had made status. But we don’t know if the outfit makes people anymore as difronzo stopped making people in the 90’s so who knows if anyone else started it back up. I saw Bernstein say sarno made people but he could have just gone off an internet rumor. I had proposed some theories before specifically about the guy down the street from Salvatore cataudella who was murdered and pointed out the time frame and how it coincided with other events and low and behold it was in his article a few weeks later.
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Anthony Calabrese was Jimmy I’s guy. If he was made, it was because Jimmy I sponsored him
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:08 am Also, are we saying Nicholas Cautadella isn't made and Jerry Scalise is?
Gerald Scarpelli id'd Scalise as a made guy. I'll qualify it by saying that according to Scarpelli's 302 it appeared that he said that Scalise was a made member. I haven't seen evidence that Nicholas Cautadella was ever made. I'm not saying that he definitely isn't made, only that no evidence has been presented. Guilt by association isn't evidence. But if you have actual evidence such as testimony, please share it. So for now, I'm saying that he *probably* is not made (but I won't rule it out as a possibility).
I saw that episode of Coffee with Cullotta. He said he was made by Spilotro in Las Vegas without any kind of ceremony. I doubt it carried any weight except inside of their group. As for his honesty, I think he honestly reports what he remembers. I don't see any indication of deception. He's basically reporting what he believes to be true. To me, it seems as if these videos are a kind of final confession before dying. He wants to set the record straight as he sees it. If he says that Spilotro told him he was made, then I believe that Spilotro probably told him that. He also said that Joe Ferriola was the boss after Aiuppa went to prison, although Bill Jahoda, Lenny Patrick, Gerry Scarpelli and Nick Calabrese all said Carlisi was. He's mistaken, but I believe he's sincerely mistaken.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:34 pm
I saw that episode of Coffee with Cullotta. He said he was made by Spilotro in Las Vegas without any kind of ceremony. I doubt it carried any weight except inside of their group. As for his honesty, I think he honestly reports what he remembers. I don't see any indication of deception. He's basically reporting what he believes to be true. To me, it seems as if these videos are a kind of final confession before dying. He wants to set the record straight as he sees it. If he says that Spilotro told him he was made, then I believe that Spilotro probably told him that. He also said that Joe Ferriola was the boss after Aiuppa went to prison, although Bill Jahoda, Lenny Patrick, Gerry Scarpelli and Nick Calabrese all said Carlisi was. He's mistaken, but I believe he's sincerely mistaken.
Good insight.