In Hoffa's Shadow author takes apart "Irishman" myth

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Re: In Hoffa's Shadow author takes apart "Irishman" myth

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

Again, case in point. lol.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Irishman Official Docu.J.Hoffa Inside secrets*Great Video

Post by Bklyn21 »

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: New book claims FBI knows Jimmy Hoffa's killer, but is keeping it secret

Post by Lupara »

dack2001 wrote:I respect your opinion Rocco. I just finished the book "in Hoffa's Shadow". After reading the book, I believe that Chuckie O'Brian had nothing to do with Hoffa getting picked up. Vito Giacalone probably picked up Hoffa. After reading that book I believe that Hoffa would get in a car with Tony Or Vito Jack on that particular day. I also believe that Dan Moldea is one lousy researcher and an unreliable author who cares only for Dan Moldea.

Doesn't mean the Genovese didn't do the hit, but I'd bet that it was Detroit internally who got the order or made the decision to get rid of Hoffa and they handled it themselves. A bunch of Genovese hit men running around Detroit would have raised some major red flags, no?
Agreed. The order may have come from Tony Pro and the Genoveses but carried out by Detroit.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: In Hoffa's Shadow author takes apart "Irishman" myth

Post by Lupara »

nash143 wrote:Still not quite sure what I thought of it. Need to give it a second viewing. Like Two Piece, liked that they used the actual old 'Palma Boys' building (external, not sure of internal?) for the Tony Salerno scenes.

I know it's already been said, but the 'Deniro giving the grocer a beating' scene was painful to watch.
Agreed. Mixed feelings. This may very well be that movie that gets better with time.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

The Dynamics of the order to hit Hoffa probably is as confusing as who was in charge of the hit, who planned the hit, who pulled the trigger, cleanup etc. It would be real hard to distinguish as to how it transpired. Obviously it seems a no brainier that more than one family did not want him back as Teamsters President. I have stated my opinion before that I believe it was probably approved by the Commission, seeing that Hoffa worked with most of the Families. But did the actual order originate at a non Commission level, as some theories have Bufalino ordering it. I suppose we will never know. I just don't see Bufalino ordering the hit without approval of the Commission..
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: RE: Re: In Hoffa's Shadow author takes apart

Post by JCB1977 »

Lupara wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:54 pm
nash143 wrote:Still not quite sure what I thought of it. Need to give it a second viewing. Like Two Piece, liked that they used the actual old 'Palma Boys' building (external, not sure of internal?) for the Tony Salerno scenes.

I know it's already been said, but the 'Deniro giving the grocer a beating' scene was painful to watch.
Agreed. Mixed feelings. This may very well be that movie that gets better with time.
That’s a guaranteed certainty!
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Frank wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:52 pm The Dynamics of the order to hit Hoffa probably is as confusing as who was in charge of the hit, who planned the hit, who pulled the trigger, cleanup etc. It would be real hard to distinguish as to how it transpired. Obviously it seems a no brainier that more than one family did not want him back as Teamsters President. I have stated my opinion before that I believe it was probably approved by the Commission, seeing that Hoffa worked with most of the Families. But did the actual order originate at a non Commission level, as some theories have Bufalino ordering it. I suppose we will never know. I just don't see Bufalino ordering the hit without approval of the Commission..
From every document I’ve ever read on RB, he had the ear of NY’s top bosses and others around the country. An elder statesmen. I’d hypothesize that mob leaders around the country wanted him removed, he became a wild card
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP