Some DeCavalcante Family Info (1980s-1990s)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Some DeCavalcante Family Info (1980s-1990s)

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Chaps wrote:NKT-9 advised that SAL CATERINICCHIO, an "old-time member of Local 394", shakes down the immigrants from Sicily who worked for Local 394. These immigrants are "required to pay CATERINICCHIO a part of their salary and that this money is given to SAM DE CAVALCANTE." Informant stated that CATERINICCHIO was formerly a "trigger man" for BIG PHIL AMARI.

Another interesting tidbit (that Antiliar discovered) on Sal Caterinicchio is that was likely the family's frst Consiglieri.

Any way good find Chaps. Thanks for posting it.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Chaps
Straightened out

Post by Chaps »

Antiliar wrote:Thanks Chaps. Real interesting info. Makes me wonder more than before if Bacino was ever a boss there.
That's what I'm beginning to wonder myself. Remember that I still have a lot more coming and have requested files on Phil Amari and Nick Delmore to try and go back as early as possible. But, everything that I've seen so far from informants who go back far enough points to Amari being the founding boss. According to several CI's, he came to Elizabeth from New York and set up shop. Later more Riberese followed him there.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

What's the admin lineages then the DeCavs?

Really, JD, Chaps, B. Antilliar, Pogo, good info guys! I learned alot.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Chris Christie wrote:What's the admin lineages then the DeCavs?

Here is what I've been able to put together with some help from the info B., JD and Antiliar provided. As always any corrections or additions welcome.

Bosses:
Felippo Bacino (1920s-1930s)
Philip "Big Phil" Amari (1930s-1957) Stepped Down.
Nicolo "Nick" Delmore (1957-1961) Stepped Down.
-Simone "Sam the Plumber" DeCavalcante (1960/1) Became Official Boss.
Simone "Sam the Plumber" DeCavalcante (1961-1982) Retired.
-Francesco "Frank" Polizzi (1972-1974) Stepped Down. - ? Not sure on this one.
-Giovanni "John the Eagle/Uncle John" Riggi (1974-1982) Became Official Boss.
Giovanni "John the Eagle/Uncle John" Riggi (1982-Present?) Imprisoned.
-COMMITTEE-(1990)
- The Committee included UnderBoss John "Johnny Boy" D'Amato and Capos Emanual “Manny” Riggi and Paolo “Paul” Farina.
-John "Johnny Boy" D'Amato (1990-1991) Killed.
-Giaciano "Jake" Amari (1991-1997) Died.
-COMMITTEE-(1997-2000)
-The Committee included Capos Vincent "Vinny Ocean" Palermo, Charles "Fat Charlie/Big Ears" Majuri and Girolamo "Jimmy Gumps" Palermo. Vincent Palermo was imprisoned in 1999 and Flipped in 2000. Palermo and Majuri were imprisoned in 2000.
-Emanual “Manny” Riggi and Francesco “Frank the Painter” Paparatto (2001-200?) Both must have Stepped Down.
-Joseph Miranda (200?-2006) Stepped Down.
-Francesco “Frank” Guarraci (2006-Present?)

UnderBosses:
Frank Majuri (19??-1957) Demoted.
Louis "Fat Lou" LaRasso (1957-1960) Demoted.
Simone "Sam the Plumber" DeCavalcante (1960-1961) Became Boss.
Frank Majuri (1961-1970s) Became Consiglieri.
Joseph LaSelva (19??-1978) Stepped Down.
-From its inception until the 1970s the family often had two UnderBosses.
Giovanni "John the Eagle/Uncle John" Riggi (1978-1982) Became Official Boss.
Girolamo "Jimmy Gumps" Palermo (1982-1990) Demoted.
John "Johnny Boy" D'Amato (1990-1991) Killed.
-Giaciano "Jake" Amari (1990-1991) Became Official UnderBoss.
Giaciano "Jake" Amari (1991-1997) Died.
-Acting UnderBoss-Vacant (1992-1997)
-UnderBoss-Vacant (1997-2000)
Joseph Miranda (200?-2006) Stepped Down. Also served as Acting Boss.

Consiglieris:
Salvatore Caterinicchio (1960s-1970s)
Frank Majuri (1970s) Retired.
Stefano "Steve the Truck Driver" Vitabile (1976-20??) Imprisoned in 2000.
-Frank D'Amato (200?-2003) Imprisoned.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Based on what Chaps wrote, it looks like Delmore was Amari's UB before Majuri. Looking forward to those other files he receives to help clear up the early history. Something to remember is that Phil Bacino was only born in 1902 while Amari was born in 1899 (died in Los Angeles in 1963). Nick Delmore, on the other hand, was born in 1888, so much older than the others. His father was Luigi Amoruso and mother was Provvidenza Rizzo (last name sound familiar?). Delmore was born in San Francisco (according to one source, but this may not be true) and his parents came from Nicosia Sicilia in the province of Enna.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Antiliar wrote:Based on what Chaps wrote, it looks like Delmore was Amari's UB before Majuri. Looking forward to those other files he receives to help clear up the early history. Something to remember is that Phil Bacino was only born in 1902 while Amari was born in 1899 (died in Los Angeles in 1963). Nick Delmore, on the other hand, was born in 1888, so much older than the others. His father was Luigi Amoruso and mother was Provvidenza Rizzo (last name sound familiar?). Delmore was born in San Francisco (according to one source, but this may not be true) and his parents came from Nicosia Sicilia in the province of Enna.
I have a hard time believing- and no disrespect to B.- that Bacino in Illinois probably was the boss. Unless he was well traveled like Schiro was, that could be possible too.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Chris Christie, you ought to make a book of Dan quotes. I think it would be a bestseller.

On Bacino, that came from a court document that Felice obtained.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Good work Chaps and thank you for sharing!
There you have it, never printed before.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

@ pogo. Where did you get the info that Pollizi was boss?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Rocco wrote:@ pogo. Where did you get the info that Pollizi was boss?

He was mentioned as serving as the Acting Boss in the early 70s in the book Made Men. That is the only place I have seen it mentioned so I don't know how accurate it is considering the many errors in the book.

Also does anyone know if former Acting Boss Joseph Miranda is still alive? He would be 90/91 now so he is most likely inactive. I'm surpised John Riggi is still kicking at 90. He wasn't expected to survive his 10 year sentence back in 2004 due to his age and variety of health problems but he made it.

Pogo
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

No idea about Miranda I assume dead. I can't believe Riggo is alive either. Must be all that healthy prison food and its first rate medical facilities in the fed system.
I thought Riggis sons were shelved(by who?) I am assuming after they were acting boss? One would think they are still active?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

According to what JD discovered they were shelved in 1999. If not by their father for whatever reason then maybe by the ruling panel trying to push Riggi out. Evidently it didn't last long (and neither did the panel) since Manny Riggi served as Acting Boss in the early 2000s. Joseph Collina was also shelved in 1999 but got got back into the game since he was busted with another made member (Jerry Balzano) in 2011 for loansharking and fencing stolen goods.

Pogo
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
Rocco wrote:@ pogo. Where did you get the info that Pollizi was boss?

He was mentioned as serving as the Acting Boss in the early 70s in the book Made Men. That is the only place I have seen it mentioned so I don't know how accurate it is considering the many errors in the book.

Also does anyone know if former Acting Boss Joseph Miranda is still alive? He would be 90/91 now so he is most likely inactive. I'm surpised John Riggi is still kicking at 90. He wasn't expected to survive his 10 year sentence back in 2004 due to his age and variety of health problems but he made it.

Pogo
Pogo do you know if there was a report back in 2011 that Miranda was the Underboss? I thought I read that shortly after that big bust with the 5 families, NE and the DeCavalcante's. I'm guessing if he died it would have some how made its way to the boards.
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I don't recall any report from 2011. It looks like Miranda stepped down as UnderBoss in 2006 when he stepped down as Acting Boss. Maybe a little later. If I had to guess on the new UnderBoss after Miranda it would be Guarraci himself The DeCavalcante family have a tradition of having their Acting Boss also being the UnderBoss (DeCavalcante, Riggi, D'Amato, Amari and Miranda)

Pogo
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Glad to see more info coming through. Thanks to JD also for letting us go wild with his original topic.

I'm definitely not completely sold on the Bacino idea, but unless a reliable member source says who the early bosses were and how the family was created, I don't think I'll be able to say any one theory is better/worse than any other. Would be cool to find out who the bosses were in Ribera from say 1900-1930. I imagine most of the early US members from Ribera had fathers involved in the Sicilian family and could indicate why certain members like Amari and/or Bacino were important from a younger age (kind of like Joe Bonanno, Joe Profaci).

Nick Delmore was Sam DeCavalcante's uncle, hence the Rizzo connection, but his birth in San Fran was considered questionable by the government. I find it weird myself.

Pogo, your list looks good, but here are some small changes:

- Delmore was boss until 1964, but he had been mostly inactive since 1961 or so and Sam was the acting boss during those years. No idea if there was also an acting underboss.

- Joseph LaSelva had been the CT underboss since the 1950's under Nick DelMore if not also Amari.

- The consigliere position is still a mystery to me before Vitabile. Majuri has been listed as the consigiliere but hard to know if this was just because of confusion over two underbosses. That was great what Rick found about Sal Caterinicchio... he's someone worth looking into more, same with his brothers Rosario, Pietro (Peter), and Benedetto (Benedict). One or more of them are bound to have been early members, Rosario in particular. Both of Sal's sons ended up being doctors.