Gangland September 12th 2024

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Proletarian187
Straightened out

Re: Gangland September 12th 2024

Post by Proletarian187 »

Can we please stop talking about Nadu in every other thread? He sucks, period.

We're talking about one of the most flamboyant bosses in decades possibly being shelved and the discussion pivots to that irrelevant cunt?!
Carbine genius
scott22
Straightened out

Post by scott22 »

What the guy right above me said!

#facts
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

Proletarian187 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:46 am Can we please stop talking about Nadu in every other thread? He sucks, period.

We're talking about one of the most flamboyant bosses in decades possibly being shelved and the discussion pivots to that irrelevant cunt?!
Yet here you are, talking about Nadu...lol ummm WTF
Kash
Straightened out

Post by Kash »

johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:56 am
Kash wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:37 am Don’t disagree but without the big public he’s shelved via Capeci no one really believes he’s out.
Not sure who the ‘no one’ is you’re referring to here but I think what they’re saying has happened to Merlino makes perfect sense.

If it’s 100% true or not I can’t rightfully say but in lieu of putting him in the ground I’d say they’ve done the right thing as far as Cosa Nostra goes.
No one = investigators & media.

And agreed on LCN protocol but I don’t believe he’s persona non grata in the underworld as a whole. He’s a street legend and he’ll cash in on that persona.
"He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator."

"Really? His house looked like shit."
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Laughmatics wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:54 pm I mean, just look at OC Shorts. He's not even from America yet puts out some of the best content on the American Mafia around.
Theres a diffrence between finding historical articles from the 50s and reporting it to being in the neighborhoods and knowing whats going on today.Do you think if gene Borello didnt rat we wouldve known about the 2006 war ronnies crew had with Chris cagnata.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

How will Joey ever get a table at Peter Lugers now?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:44 pm How will Joey ever get a table at Peter Lugers now?
Not from lenny dimaria apparently
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Without getting too deep ....

It's not un heard of childhood friends to beef over money and breaks a bond and even ends up being issues

It could of been a "most ppl would be killed if they were in your shoes" situation and for what it's worth it Borges looks at this as a type of ratting situation - bonds are easily broken over money and/or loyalty all the time
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
MoLarryCurly
Straightened out

Post by MoLarryCurly »

If you think they treat Joey any different in Philly you’re all nuts. P They respect New York and maybe they’ll go along with the “ yeah Joey is shelved” so they don’t have to hear it or lose any money opportunities. But they def don’t treat Joey any different. There all life long child hood friends who took on the mob together. This podcast was in talks for a year befor it came out. It was nothing new or out the blue. Joey stepped down and stepped away a long time ago, no matter what he’ll always be the eras “boss”
You know I could have worked for U P fucking S and made more money then this....
Honk
Straightened out

Post by Honk »

Yeah in my mind, both could be correct. NY might have said to shelve him and Philly (including Joey) said ok to make them happy.

Joey could also be doing all of this as a way to seem totally legit - “look FBI, I’m out. They shelved me!”

This isn’t the 70-80’s where this was done in a threatening manner. Instead, it’s all parties checking the appropriate boxes so they’re all perceived as strong & traditional and Joey has an alibi going forward.
Honk
Straightened out

Post by Honk »

scott22 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:52 pm What the guy right above me said!

#facts
Love this! You’ve always taken the high road but it’s time to give that troll Nadu the social beating he deserves.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

The amount of both love and hate that Merlino seems to generate always kind of blows my mind lol.
Uforeality
Straightened out

Post by Uforeality »

Even if Merlino is shelved, it doesn't mean he's not a criminal making criminal money. Some people forget that Joey has been a criminal for most of his adult life. The idea that crime stops when you get shunned by your organization is silly. The only thing that has changed here is the notion that the NY Gambinos have reached out to the Philly mob and expressed discontent with the boss having a podcast. This was a big topic here when the podcast first started. But we watched it and listened to Merlino barking about the absurdity of him being a mob boss. And a lot of people bought into it. Joe Colombo did the same thing. This is supposed to be a secret society of crime and tribute. I don't understand why it's hard to believe that NY and the powerful Gambinos wouldn't have a major influence in Philly. The Philly mob isn't some independent Cosa Nostra family rewriting rules that go back almost a hundred years. What if Merlino and his bros started making non italian Russian and Albanian criminals made men? You don't think NY would do something about it? A boss on a podcast? Come on.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Borgesi is all about the life to the core , he wasn’t seen in public at all this summer with Joey. Georgie is from another era when it comes to the life.

For instance, I saw Joey over the summer at Ventura’s Greenhouse and the only guy who was there in public with him was Marty the Drunk (albeit even keeping a little bit of a distance from Joey in Public) , in the past you would have seen 1/2 the Philly guys out with him in public. You can just tell and see that Joey is shelved if you have seen Him out in public recently since the podcast.

He is 100% shelved, you can’t do a podcast and be in the streets lol.

-Dante
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

NJShore4Life wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:45 pm Borgesi is all about the life to the core , he wasn’t seen in public at all this summer with Joey. Georgie is from another era when it comes to the life.

For instance, I saw Joey over the summer at Ventura’s Greenhouse and the only guy who was there in public with him was Marty the Drunk (albeit even keeping a little bit of a distance from Joey in Public) , in the past you would have seen 1/2 the Philly guys out with him in public. You can just tell and see that Joey is shelved if you have seen Him out in public recently since the podcast.

He is 100% shelved, you can’t do a podcast and be in the streets lol.

-Dante
Always appreciate your insight from the ground level. You don't claim to know everything going on inside the Family but have always been reliable and consistent about what you see and hear.

Makes sense Angelina is the one you saw with him. As I said earlier in the thread, he was the only guy who ignored the ruling when Merlino was chased in the 80s and Angelina took a beating for it from some of their former friends.