John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by Dapper_Don »

Tonyd621 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:28 pm
chin_gigante wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:39 pm I read that book about Borrello a while ago (which definitely needed a proof read to fix some spelling and formatting issues) and noticed a lot of stuff that he got flat out wrong or was inconsistent with other things he's said. Not sure how much that was Borrello or how much was the author. Some of the biggest things I noticed:

- The book incorrectly states Vincent Asaro was briefly consigliere under Massino and re-appointed to the position when DiFiore was acting boss (though it claims he had to be talked into taking the position)
- We know from the Asaro indictment and detention memo and Gasper Valenti's testimony that Asaro was offered the consigliere position but turned it down and instead was a captain on the committee
- In the Borrello Q&A in the Mugshots section, he was asked if Giallanzo was acting captain for Vincent Asaro or Jerry Asaro, Borrello replied, "Ronnie g was acting capo for Jerry Vinny didn’t have. A crew he was on the committee"
- The book states Vincent Asaro was inducted in 1969, whereas Valenti testified that Asaro told him he'd been made around 1977/ 1978
- Borrello makes the very strange claim that the five families were formed in 1965 and prior to that there were several more families, the bosses of which became captains after they got consolidated down to five (he says Vincent Asaro's father and grandfather were the bossses of their own families)
- The book states that a couple of months after an April 2015 Gang Land article (so around June 2015), that Borrello was visited in Rikers by Frank Caputo, who told him that Giallanzo and Anthony Pipitone were looking to take over the family as acting boss and acting underboss respectively, to replace DiFiore
- We know however by that point DiFiore had been in jail since early 2014 and had been replaced by John Palazzolo and then again by Joe Cammarano Jr who got voted into the position in March 2015
- We also know from Peter Lovaglio that Giallanzo was at that March 2015 meeting where Cammarano was elected
We should compensate you, reward you, karma points like reddit for all reading this book for us.
agreed, thanks alot chin_gigante !
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Pennisis posts lately on sitdown news have been great lately. He's doing about 2/week and good insight into what went on while he was made. Big difference then Gene B. I should call him Jean because he's always bitching.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pennisi's latest YT vid he met with Westside Capo Barry Nichilo.

Was introduced to Barry via a 'Sal' Columbo capo.
This is interesting as Pennisi has spoken before about Sally bread and it appears this is not this Sal who introduces him as he speaks differently of him.

Thoughts?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Could be Salvatore “Sally Boy from Coney Island” Castagno. He was acting captain for Benjamin Castellazzo.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:47 am Pennisi's latest YT vid he met with Westside Capo Barry Nichilo.
He’s run out of material and is retelling stories he told on the mba & button man.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

JohnnyS wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:44 am Could be Salvatore “Sally Boy from Coney Island” Castagno. He was acting captain for Benjamin Castellazzo.
Fucking great info JS.
Cheers ears.

Do we have a pic of this guy does anyone know. Google box turned up empty.
johnny_scootch wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:57 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:47 am Pennisi's latest YT vid he met with Westside Capo Barry Nichilo.
He’s run out of material and is retelling stories he told on the mba & button man.
Had to happen. he only had his button for a few years.

This introduction thing is surprising I think to our understanding of WG culture.
They cant even fucking talk to each other if they havent been introduced. I dont think we appreciated this as such an import protocol.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:01 pm
This introduction thing is surprising I think to our understanding of WG culture.
They cant even fucking talk to each other if they havent been introduced. I dont think we appreciated this as such an import protocol.
At some point post toothache story this became extremely important protocol. It’s one of the first thing they talk about when you get straightened out.

They can say whatever they want to each other as long as it isn’t mafia business for that they need formal introduction by 3rd party who’s already been formally introduced to both men.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

JohnnyS wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:44 am Could be Salvatore “Sally Boy from Coney Island” Castagno. He was acting captain for Benjamin Castellazzo.
Fucking great info JS.
Cheers ears.

viewtopic.php?p=83232#p83232

I find his stories easier to follow now he's by himself and he's not being interrupted anymore by Tom.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

JohnnyS wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:27 am
Fucking great info JS.
Cheers ears.

viewtopic.php?p=83232#p83232

I find his stories easier to follow now he's by himself and he's not being interrupted anymore by Tom.
He gets to the point. He's not like Sammy or Franzese who try and tease stories or cut it off bc they want you to listen next week or Franzese giving away Amazon gift cards or whatever all that commercial bs
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

They take-a 5 min story about carmine persico into 30 min of fluff
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

This is interesting as Pennisi has spoken before about Sally bread and it appears this is not this Sal who introduces him as he speaks differently of him.

Thoughts?
Question for the more knowledgeable guys on this. In this story Pennisi said he was supposed to have a sitdown with the Gambino solider and the Genovese soldier "Carl" over this towing company - and he said the Genovese guy didn't show (made it sound typical with the Genovese) - and they had to meet with the Genovese soldier separately. But first, they had to go through endless revolving doors to see Nichilo first on yet another day.

But then, they still had to go meet with "Carl" in the end. What was the purpose of meeting with Nichilo?
dave
Straightened out

Post by dave »

InCamelot wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:55 pm

Thoughts?
Question for the more knowledgeable guys on this. In this story Pennisi said he was supposed to have a sitdown with the Gambino solider and the Genovese soldier "Carl" over this towing company - and he said the Genovese guy didn't show (made it sound typical with the Genovese) - and they had to meet with the Genovese soldier separately. But first, they had to go through endless revolving doors to see Nichilo first on yet another day.

But then, they still had to go meet with "Carl" in the end. What was the purpose of meeting with Nichilo?
Nichilo was the Carl's Capo. Typically both should've been at the sit down, but the Genovese does things their way.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

dave wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:37 pm
InCamelot wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:55 pm

Thoughts?

Nichilo was the Carl's Capo. Typically both should've been at the sit down, but the Genovese does things their way.
I get that, but I guess it was just interesting that the Lucchese's would then have to basically repeat themselves once they meet with Carl. Increasing exposure/chances of being recorded, chances of miscommunication. Unless Nichilo had to "check them out" first before letting Carl deal with them. But Pennisi didn't mention that, which I thought would've been relevant - to highlight more of difference between the functions of soldier and capo (at least for the Genovese)
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

I think the WS might require the more expierenced capo to decide if it’s worth the risk to meet. Barney seems to minimize sit downs to important matters
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

What I don’t like about Pennisi is how hes trying to take my money with this subscriber thing. I want a new made modern day informant to pop up to the YouTube scene.