Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by CabriniGreen »

Very interesting.....

So the Musitanos are under Buffalo?

Also did the FBI really say the NY Governor has mob ties?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Is the other Ivarone actually missing?
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

@Cabrini Green
In a room, you have Dom Violi, underboss of a weak family, but pretty much calls his own shots....

You have a Bonnano capo, not the richest, not the most feared, but a respected capo in good standing....

You have an ndrangheta boss....

The Ndrangheta boss, is a BOSS, but because hes on foreign soil, needs ( technically) permission to operate....

Violi the underboss, is the highest ranking member of a weak organization, but has near full autonomy.....

The LCN capo, is ranked lower 5han both the underboss, and the Ndrangheta boss, but his organization is stronger than Violis, and the Ndrangheta boss NEEDS him for his contacts.....

Question..... Who's the most powerful guy in the room?

This is a lot of the conflict I have when these guys do business....
Interesting riddle. My opinion, based on looking at interactions for the past one hundred years, there isn't one. For starters these people need a reason to be in the same room, they're not coming to argue mafia semantics, so let's suggest they're there for a transaction to make money. They're going there as representatives of the ndrangheta, Violi and Bonanno networks, the ranks aren't irrelevant but they're not at the forefront. Everyone's going to have a role to play, perhaps Ndranghetisti imports laptops into the territory of Violi and the Bonanno takes 500 laptops back to be sold in BonannoBuy, everyone's going to be pragmatic.

When it comes to splitting the money, everyone's going to have a reason why they should get more and maybe Violi invokes "my territory" but I doub't any one of them are going to be standoffish at such a meeting.

At it's basic essence: Italian criminal societies are a fraternal system, a network that they can- in theory- trust and rely on. Ranks and separate societies aside, everyone affiliated with the malavita understand the culture, share terminology etc. Which is why they bounce off each other rather than attempt to take each other over. As strange and boring as it is, they cohabitate as they always did.

I was talking about this territory with B. the other day and the issue of Tucson, Arizona came up which included alot of expat Bonanno and Detroit members at one point. Bonanno got there first so the Detroit guys deferred to him there, but what if it had been reversed? What if Detroiters were living in Tucson for 5-10 years before Joe arrives? Do they let Joe do whatever he wants due to his title? It's a complex situation but I'd argue again that Bonanno would be pragmatic, they'd reach accommodation or go into business together. However whether it's said or not, JB was a boss and let's say there was a problem and they took it to the commission and JB was slapped on the wrist, would they sleep good at night after that even though they won? And what happens if they fall out of favor in the coming years with their own family? It's not a life you want to make enemies in.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Completely and totally agree...

Great post, thanks for the thoughtful reply.... You get it exactly... And GREAT examples and analogies...

I really see this stuff as the flip side of the economy and capitalism......
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Frank Cali shot dead has taken the lead.

Let’s bump Buffalo back into first.

Any thoughts on who the Buffalo consign is?!?!?! Speculation commence...!!
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:46 am Frank Cali shot dead has taken the lead.

Hell, why stop there, Sonny? Let's get the kind of full fledged fantasy chart not seen since the Real Deal circa 2006. I'm talking a complete administration, at least a half-dozen captains, and all the soldiers and associates from Buffalo to Vegas. 'Cause, you know, there were Buffalo guys active in Vegas in the 1990s so let's not sell the Arm short. For good measure we can also take a page out of Detroit and add a few counselor emeriti and even some guys who aren't Italian.
All roads lead to New York.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:22 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:46 am Frank Cali shot dead has taken the lead.

Hell, why stop there, Sonny? Let's get the kind of full fledged fantasy chart not seen since the Real Deal circa 2006. I'm talking a complete administration, at least a half-dozen captains, and all the soldiers and associates from Buffalo to Vegas. 'Cause, you know, there were Buffalo guys active in Vegas in the 1990s so let's not sell the Arm short. For good measure we can also take a page out of Detroit and add a few counselor emeriti and even some guys who aren't Italian.
Yall really are catty like some little ass girls.... lol

I mean, the man posted that Buffalo has ties to the former governor.... and that the Musitanos are under Buffalo.... Like I said... its been a crazy few months for the mob watchers........ Hes also posted a tweet that Tony Ivarone might be missing, something the media, I dunno I haven't heard anything....

And I swear to God, you guys bring up Detroit as much as anyone, no ones talking about Detroit....
For a long time now.....

I swear yall LOVE these cat fights, lol... its funny......

But for real, stop playing with me........
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Arnt you 2guys the ones that got dragged into a convo about stem cells in a thread about a goofy lawyer sexting?

Do I run in like a weirdo with silly jokes? No, I just let your discussion take its course, even though i didnt understand the shit.....
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Just to tie this in with the other hot topic, investigation into the Inzerillo network in the mid-2000s had Giovanni Inzerillo and Filippo Casamento (both Palermo-area mafiosi) meeting with Canada-based Casteldaccia mafia members Michele Modica and Michele Marrese. I believe this meeting took place in New York City, but Inzerillo and Casamento had spent several days in Toronto prior to the meeting.

Articles mention that Marrese and Modica associated with the Rizzutos and that Modica survived an attempt on his life ordered by "Toronto mob boss" Peter Scarcella in 2004. A quick search online claims this was due to money Modica owed to Scarcella and other criminal elements, but it is interesting that it came on the heels of his alleged meeting with Inzerillo, Casamento, and other mafia figures. In recent years, Modica looks to have been given a long prison sentence stemming from a 2005 murder in Sicily, so I assume he quickly returned to Sicily following the attempt on his life. Both Marrese and Modica appear to have been in Canada illegally, but has info come out about Marrese's current whereabouts? Casteldaccia, the family both Marrese and Modica belong to, is near Bagheria, where Rizzuto associate Juan "Joe Bravo" Fernandez was killed.

It stands out to me that these two Sicilian mafia members living in Canada, presumably Toronto area, were at odds with a Sicilian with connections to the Buffalo-Ontario group, which is mostly Calabrian. A Calabrian witness testified that Scarcella was "with the Sicilian mob" and there are articles online calling Scarcella a "Rizzuto associate" (which could mean anything, though it's worth noting Scarcella is Castellammarese like Montagna and many historic Bonanno members), but his early days are linked to Buffalo-Ontario member Paul Volpe. It also stands out that these the two from Casteldaccia, while they may not have been permanently established in Ontario, appear to have represented a Canadian point in the Gambino-Inzerillo network.

I am sure some of you in this thread can fill in some more cracks in between all of this, but with Cali's alleged Toronto connections in mind and how interconnected all of these figures seem to be between NYC, Buffalo, Ontario, Montreal, Sicily, and even Calabria, it truly is fascinating. No doubt drugs are a certain glue between all of them, but that doesn't explain all of the nuances in these relationships.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:08 am Very interesting.....

I get it that everyone was talking about the Cali murder, but I’m suprised this didn’t generate more discussion. A former law enforcement officer posted FBI intelligence that a former NY Governor had ties to the Buffalo crime family and one of the N.Y. 5 families. That is not big news? Not to mention how the intelligence connect the Musitano’s to Buffalo?

Cabrini, like you, I think that is interesting.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

NickleCity wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:29 pm

I get it that everyone was talking about the Cali murder, but I’m suprised this didn’t generate more discussion. A former law enforcement officer posted FBI intelligence that a former NY Governor had ties to the Buffalo crime family and one of the N.Y. 5 families. That is not big news? Not to mention how the intelligence connect the Musitano’s to Buffalo?

Agreed, I wish there was more information about Buffalo.
It's just that... well, a year ago, the FBI had Buffalo as being defunct. Now, all of a sudden, they have recent induction ceremonies, a strong presence in Canada, Joseph Todaro Jr. is active, regular contact with New York, and a now a link to the Governor of New York. It's probably a lot for people to wrap their heads around.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

I'm working on a mafia map and I could include Canada, would anyone here be able to assist me with the groups and territory? Can include Sicilian and Calabrese groups.
https://i.ibb.co/8KVRqRc/map-territory.jpg
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Chris Christie wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:19 pm I'm working on a mafia map and I could include Canada, would anyone here be able to assist me with the groups and territory? Can include Sicilian and Calabrese groups.
https://i.ibb.co/8KVRqRc/map-territory.jpg
Can you give a code/reference for the colours?
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

NickleCity wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:29 pm

I took it to mean Joe Albano had ties to the governor and that Albano also had ties to one of the NYC families, not that the governor had ties to an NYC family. Still an interesting bit of information if true.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

@NickelCity

I noticed it right away...... But the Cali thing was so huge... It sucked up everyone's attention......

It's why these frustrate me so much......it's like they completely skip over the info for the opportunity to troll....