Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:I don’t think I’m in the camp believing this involves the Musitano’s.
I’ve yet to see evidence of what ‘family’ and support they can muster, independent of the Buffalo/Rizzuto clans and I suspect, IMO, that they are/were both effectively inactive post releases from prison.
I don’t recall evidence of them having a ‘faction’ or support and am suspicious of their being a player or factor.
Again, opinion.
What alternative theory do you have?

As for the Musitanos, they may still have the backing of the Rizzuto group which is why I state that it may be tied to Montreal.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Lupara wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:21 pm
NickleCity wrote:
Wiseguy wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:57 am
NickleCity wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:31 am This part of the article Anti posted thatI find very interesting:
It i s no coincidence, they say, that this new boss, representing a crime family that rivalled Papalia's, arose just after the murders.
Any ideas about who this crime family might be? Has anyone heard of a Caputo crime family?

Anyway, on Dec. 3 Manning made the following public post about the Humphries article:
Met this guy once in a bar when undercover. Larger than life, but he made an excuse and he left sharpish. I always thought he suspected me a cop. Later found out he thought I was there to clip him! [emoji15]
In the comments somebody complains about the media making a big deal and overusing the word shocking. Here is Manning’s reply:
Ruzzuto, Papalia and Caputo’s all have ties to Buffalo.
It’s all interesting I don’t know what to make of it.
May be the Caputos referenced in this article?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/torontosun ... 5f7dc8/amp
Thanks Wiseguy... forgot about that article... I would have to bet the Caputo in that article is the one begin alluded to in that FB post by manning.
Then we have the Caputo Cheese Company which Bonanno was involved in. B. recently suggesting that the Caputos were Bonanno members.

We on the forum are going to piece this all together. [emoji1303]
I think you're confusing the Caputos with the Saputos. The only Saputo I speculated might have been a Montreal Bonanno member was the patriarch Giuseppe Saputo who died close to 40 years ago. His descendants are definitely not members.

The Caputo Cheese company was run by Carlo Caputo who was the Madison, WI boss.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Lupara wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:36 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote:I don’t think I’m in the camp believing this involves the Musitano’s.
I’ve yet to see evidence of what ‘family’ and support they can muster, independent of the Buffalo/Rizzuto clans and I suspect, IMO, that they are/were both effectively inactive post releases from prison.
I don’t recall evidence of them having a ‘faction’ or support and am suspicious of their being a player or factor.
Again, opinion.
What alternative theory do you have?

As for the Musitanos, they may still have the backing of the Rizzuto group which is why I state that it may be tied to Montreal.
I would suggest this is simply Rizzuto based.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
antimafia
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:54 pm Mobsters now targeting relatives in southern Ontario gang war

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... -gang-war/
Paul Manning on Twitter this past Tuesday evening:

https://twitter.com/mobinfiltrator/stat ... 02592?s=20

Paul Manning
@mobinfiltrator

Replying to
@TheTorontoSun

Mike and Dan are dead.

Killed in Tijuana by the #Cartels at the request of an Ontario #mafia family.

Two recent #HamOnt hits were ‘younger brothers.’ Do the math!

8:41 PM · Feb 5, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone
Hellboy
Honorary Member

Post by Hellboy »

Who the hell are Mike and Dan?
Hellboy
Honorary Member

Post by Hellboy »

Nevermind I got it. So if they were connected to musitanos murder, and then killed in Mexico. Wouldn't it be a safe assumption that the musitanos still have enough power or friends to strike back. Not to mention managing to get them clipping in a different country. I mean, that shows me they still got some juice behind them
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

antimafia wrote:
antimafia wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:54 pm Mobsters now targeting relatives in southern Ontario gang war

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... -gang-war/
Paul Manning on Twitter this past Tuesday evening:

https://twitter.com/mobinfiltrator/stat ... 02592?s=20

Paul Manning
@mobinfiltrator

Replying to
@TheTorontoSun

Mike and Dan are dead.

Killed in Tijuana by the #Cartels at the request of an Ontario #mafia family.

Two recent #HamOnt hits were ‘younger brothers.’ Do the math!

8:41 PM · Feb 5, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone
How stupid are these guys hiding out in Mexico when they should've known the Canadian mobsters have reach over there @ Moreno Gallo and Daniele Ranieri.

These thugs aren't the brightest that's for sure.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Hellboy wrote:Nevermind I got it. So if they were connected to musitanos murder, and then killed in Mexico. Wouldn't it be a safe assumption that the musitanos still have enough power or friends to strike back. Not to mention managing to get them clipping in a different country. I mean, that shows me they still got some juice behind them
These were the guys believed to be the ones who killed Angelo Musitano.

It's established the Violis have connections to the drugs cartels so they are likely the ones who ordered their deaths.
Hellboy
Honorary Member

Post by Hellboy »

I thought the violis and musitanos were enemies. So therefore why withey order the death of the guys that killed the musitanos? I'm fuckin lost
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I dont know.... In the indictment, if I'm not mistaken...
Violis man Carfagna was sent to COLOMBIA, to secure a cocaine consignment. I suppose it could still be a cartel connect.

But we DO know Sinaloa was connected to Tony Suzuki, and the Wolfpack....
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

If Michael Cudmore and Daniel Tomasetti were killed

1. because the Siderno Group knows they were behind the attempted murder of Saverio Serrano, then the Siderno Group might have contacted a Mexican cartel about killing those two. Recall that Carmine Verduci was believed to have arranged heroin shipments from Mexico.

2. because Pat Musitano knows they were behind the murder of Angelo, then Musitano or someone in his crime group might have contacted a Mexican cartel about killing Cudmore and Tomasetti.

3. because they were associated with Danny Ranieri, who Frank Campoli and Rosario Staffiere of the GTA talked about very negatively in January 2013, then the Montreal Mafia might have contacted a Mexican cartel about killing Cudmore and Tomasetti. (However, this does not jibe with Paul Manning's claim.) Recall that Joe Bravo wanted Ranieri to become a made man -- in Sicily, no less, because Bravo knew that this required a Sicilian made man with authority to make Ranieri -- and that Bravo was not in Vito Rizzuto's good graces. The Sixth Family book has numerous mentions of Mexico. Francesco Del Balso and Giuseppe Torre bought a villa in Acapulco in March 2006.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

antimafia wrote:If Michael Cudmore and Daniel Tomasetti were killed

1. because the Siderno Group knows they were behind the attempted murder of Saverio Serrano, then the Siderno Group might have contacted a Mexican cartel about killing those two. Recall that Carmine Verduci was believed to have arranged heroin shipments from Mexico.

2. because Pat Musitano knows they were behind the murder of Angelo, then Musitano or someone in his crime group might have contacted a Mexican cartel about killing Cudmore and Tomasetti.

3. because they were associated with Danny Ranieri, who Frank Campoli and Rosario Staffiere of the GTA talked about very negatively in January 2013, then the Montreal Mafia might have contacted a Mexican cartel about killing Cudmore and Tomasetti. (However, this does not jibe with Paul Manning's claim.) Recall that Joe Bravo wanted Ranieri to become a made man -- in Sicily, no less, because Bravo knew that this required a Sicilian made man with authority to make Ranieri -- and that Bravo was not in Vito Rizzuto's good graces. The Sixth Family book has numerous mentions of Mexico. Francesco Del Balso and Giuseppe Torre bought a villa in Acapulco in March 2006.
I'd add another theory, that the Violi-Luppinos had them killed in order to prevent them from talking to the police now that they were sought for the murder of Angelo Musitano, thereby erasing any link that would lead back to them.

This is something that happened in Montreal with the killers of Desjardins' brother-in-law. They were caught on camera and shortly after a search warrant for their arrests was made public, they were killed.

Also, I doubt the Musitanos have any pull in Mexico. What we've learned so far is that the Violis are the ones with extensive international connections.

Your Siderno group theory is perhaps the most viable one, with my theory second. [emoji56]
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Lupara wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:15 am

I'd add another theory, that the Violi-Luppinos had them killed in order to prevent them from talking to the police now that they were sought for the murder of Angelo Musitano, thereby erasing any link that would lead back to them.

This is something that happened in Montreal with the killers of Desjardins' brother-in-law. They were caught on camera and shortly after a search warrant for their arrests was made public, they were killed.

Also, I doubt the Musitanos have any pull in Mexico. What we've learned so far is that the Violis are the ones with extensive international connections.

Your Siderno group theory is perhaps the most viable one, with my theory second. [emoji56]
Good post. I would concur.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

i think they were killed by the rizzuto's to get ride of them for some reasons like danny ranieri, through the caruana/cuntrera's they have big connections in south america and mexico, moreno gallo was killed in mexico by them i bet
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

NickleCity wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:31 am[snip]

In the comments somebody complains about the media making a big deal and overusing the word shocking. Here is Manning’s reply:
Ruzzuto, Papalia and Caputo’s all have ties to Buffalo.
It’s all interesting I don’t know what to make of it.
Lupara wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:15 am

Last year, when I attended in Toronto just a small part of the trial of disgraced Hamilton police officer Craig Ruthowsky, I was shocked to hear the names of so many individuals and crime groups involved in drug importation and trafficking in Hamilton and the surrounding area. There is no doubt in my mind that a good number of these non-Italian criminals are not dependent on Italian organized crime to get certain drugs into Ontario. Ruthowsky's lawyer, Greg Lafontaine, has in the past represented Martino Caputo (Vito Rizzuto's associate in Ontario who became a right-hand man to Nick Nero of the Niagara Region) and Adriano Scolieri, who was charged in November 2017 in relation to the Project OTremens bust alongside the Violi brothers, Bernardo Luke Rotolo, et al.

The investigation name "Project Scopa" has been used twice by the Hamilton Police Service (HPS) this century. In the 2000s, Project Scopa ended in 2006 when the investigation into illegal gambling was compromised -- this is an investigation for which Paul Manning had gone undercover. Most of us have previously seen the photo below.

When the HPS was investigating the 2017 murders, months apart, of Mila Barberi (victim of a botched murder attempt on Saverio Serrano) and Angelo Musitano (targeted), the HPS also dubbed this investigation "Project Scopa."

Nicole O'Reilly has reported in at least one article that Danny Ranieri was made, although I don't think I've ever seen her or even law enforcement provide evidence of his induction -- she may be right; I don't know. Ranieri fled Mexico in 2015 before, according to police, preparations began in October 2016 for the murders of Serrano and Musitano. As was previously mentioned in one article in which Antonio Nicaso is quoted, there was speculation that whoever wanted Musitano dead and whoever wanted Serrano dead had both farmed out the contracts to the hit team of Cudmore, Tomasetti, and Abdalla, even if that meant the hit team had clients who were perhaps at odds with each other. When experts provide such an opinion, I usually think the opinion is more than just an opinion -- it's usually based on undisclosed-to-the-public police intelligence.

If the Violis hired the hit team to kill Musitano after the murder of Barberi, then the Violis may have been putting themselves in conflict with the Siderno Group or some other individual/group upset by the attempted murder of Serrano. Another possibility is that the Violis were in fact already in conflict with the Siderno Group and were behind both murder plots. One problem is, Ranieri was already a person of interest right after the Musitano murder -- would the Violis have hired Ranieri and the hit team to murder Musitano? If yes, does this mean that the Violis were on okay terms with Rizzuto loyalists in Montreal (assuming Ranieri was not in the Montreal Mafia's bad books)? Another problem is that the murder of Al Iavarone last September (2018) is considered revenge for the murder of Angelo Musitano in May 2017. Are Tony Iavarone and the Violis on the same side? Recall that Iavarone was seen alongside Antonio Pietrantonio, along with others considered part of the Montreal Mafia organization, early last December at the wedding in Montreal of Hells Angel Martin Robert and Annie Arbic (daughter of narcotrafficker Sharon Simon). Or was Domenico Violi correct when he was recorded saying in September 2016 that relations had stabilized in Montreal? I'm assuming stabilized to the point that Violi had dealings with Francesco Arcadi, Tony Mucci, and Frank Cotroni Jr. without anyone in the Rizzuto camp being bothered by this. Assuming Violi and Pietrantonio met each other through Sal Montagna, Violi could have even introduced Iavarone to Pietrantonio. This chumminess of Iavarone with Montrealers may give us a clue as to the relationship between Pat Musitano and Montreal in the last few years since Rizzuto's death.

At Angelo Musitano's 2012 wedding, Cosimo Commisso of the GTA, Domenico Violi, Natale Luppino, and two other members of the Violi and Luppino families were guests. The Musitanos and the Violi brothers share the same lawyer, Dean Paquette, whom Pat Musitano considers a member of the family. Now we are discussing -- and I'm not judging what we're doing at all -- whether the facade of alliances is something we can all see through for what it was.

Carmine Verduci was born in the same town that Giacomo Luppino was. Verduci would have very likely, in the course of his dealings with his very own Hamilton crew, met and known the Violi brothers. Verduci had ties to the Mexican cartels. As a result, maybe the Violis did too. Ever since journalists heard "extensive international reach" used by police to describe the Violis, the media has continued to hype the Violi brothers without knowing in which countries they have drug connects. The obituaries for John Papalia and Dominic Musitano (Pat and Angelo's father) specifically mentioned relatives in Italy and generally mentioned relatives in Australia. I've never been able to find an obituary for Giacomo Luppino but I've read several obituary articles -- these also mention relatives in Italy and Australia. So do the Violis have criminal contacts just in the US and Colombia? Mexico too? Do we assume the Violis have criminal contacts in Italy and Australia because of relatives there? The Violi brothers definitely took the Luppino-Violi crime group into the 21st century, as the group had shied away from drug importation and trafficking before the Violis got into it big-time in the early 1990s.

There is a bit of history of criminals in Hamilton and the Niagara Region doing business with crime groups in Mexico:

- Peter Montour of the Hamilton area, who died in 2012, had a smuggling operation in the 1980s in which marijuana was imported from Mexico and into Ontario. Montour had Native ancestry; someone told me that Montour might have had some French-Canadian ancestry too. Incidentally, he and another well-known Hamilton crime figure, the still-living old man Paul Gravelle (who has links to Domenico Violi), apparently snitched on Pat Musitano when Pat was fingered in the 1998 murders of Lynn and Fred Gilbank. No one has never been convicted for those murders.

- In 1992, six Hamilton-area men were arrested in relation to the breakup of a Mexico–Texas-Ontario marijuana-smuggling operation that was estimated to have been worth about $25 million a year. One of the men, Lee Whitley, languished in jail for six years. In 1998, he was represented in a US District Court in Buffalo by none other than criminal lawyer Angelo Musitano, born in Ontario, who is related to the Musitanos. Whitley was sentenced to 18 years. Up till a few years ago, Musitano the lawyer even used to have a law office in Niagara Falls, NY in addition to the office he had in Ontario; he had previously represented both American and Canadian clients on both sides of the border.

- In 2012, as part of Project Ink II, Nick Nero and Martino Caputo were among those arrested for a major cocaine-importing and -trafficking operation with links to California and Mexico. Others arrested were from the Niagara Region.

- In 2014, as part of Project Roadmaster, 13 men were arrested in Ontario for another major cocaine-importing ring with ties to Mexico. Police officers fanned out in the Peel, Barrie, and Niagara regions. The importation network was directed by Ontario-based members of the Sinaloa cartel. In 2013 alone, 2,431 kilos of cocaine were imported into Ontario (back then, local prices were approximately $36,000–$39,500 a kilo). The main Canadian players in southern Ontario were Vito Buffone and Jeffrey Kompon. Buffone has ancestry from the Rizzutos' hometown of Cattolica Eraclea.

Although the level of violence in the last two years in the Hamilton area might seem disproportionate to what you would associate with illegal gambling, I suspect that illegal gambling is so lucrative that it is being fought over very hard. Montreal might have something to do with it. Before Rizzuto died, he was considered to control Internet gambling in Canada. In the early 2000s, there were obvious links between the Montreal Mafia, Cosimo Commisso, and Pino Avignone (Pat Musitano's stepbrother) with respect to illegal roulette gaming in the Hamilton area (satellite signals were coming from three locations that acted as casinos: Toronto, New York, and Israel). Giuseppe "Joe" Renda was dispatched from Montreal to Toronto and Hamilton at the time to deal with the larger illegal-gambling network.

If the battle over illegal gambling isn't the issue in Hamilton, then perhaps the battle over drug trafficking is. Just a couple of tidbits here and there I've been collecting, some of which you've seen before:

- https://twitter.com/jamesdubro/status/9 ... 3763193856

james dubro
@jamesdubro

Expert: Rival mobsters want to obliterate Musitano crime family http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/e ... me-family/ …. A twofer-1 hit team for two sep mob killings. Pat Musitano days numbered, but He still has his crew & still has hand in many criminal enterprises including now online gambling partnership & d
2:41 PM - 24 Jan 2018 from Toronto, Ontario

Paul Manning
@mobinfiltrator

Replying to @jamesdubro

Nope, Pat’s strong as ever. Especially now the Violis are inside. Ang was dispatched for different reason and his murder has nothing to do with York homicide. Same striker is all, motive different.
9:16 PM - 25 Jan 2018

james dubro‏
@jamesdubro

Pat Musitano I just found out by thru a v credible mob street source has a new online gambling op working with some ppl in welland & NF as well as with native entrepreneurs & others on the other side of the border. So he’s not dead yet but still certaintly imperiled by rivals
11:25 PM - 25 Jan 2018 from Toronto, Ontario

- https://www.facebook.com/jamesabookguy/ ... 7356735330

James R Dubro
September 20, 2018 at 2:01 pm

Same hit man team for Angelo Musitano killing and second but botched mob hit in Woodbridge last year. Possibly also part of hit team for last week’s Ancaster related prof hit of Albert Iavarone who knew two of the hit team. This is a big story of a major very deadly Calabrian mob Cell fight for coke territory and power in GTA/southern Ontario. Many ndrangheta cells in GTA and Italy involved in violent fight Now from Musitanos to Verducci to Ursino to other Calabrian Mafia cells here close to Italy including Vaughan/Mexico/ Italy Coke king Diego Serrano’s associate’s here and in the USA Italy and Mexico. And if course there was the recent double murder of Calabrian mob boss Cosimo Commisso’s cousin with his girlfriend in Toronto . Much more to come of this story which is far from finished

https://www.facebook.com/jamesabookguy/ ... 7990985330

James R Dubro
September 20, 2018 at 4:11 PM

Major deadly GTA Calabrian Mafia war is now on as further indicated by cop arrest today of 1 of 3 of from one GTA mob hit team involved . Cops link last wks Iavrone murder in Hamilton with mafioso Musitano’s murder on Waterdown & Barberi(well connected Vaughan mobster Diego Serrano’s son was real target hit) killing in Vaughan last year there was also the recent double murder of longtime Calabrian mob Cosimo Commisso’s cousin with his girlfriend. This is a very big development involving at least 3/4 Ndrangheta cells in GTA (ties to Italy USA Mexico) vying for coke routes & more GTA Calabrian mob power. Old time Calabrian Cell leaders against newer Ndrangheta cells bosses with even better connections in their native Italy.

- https://twitter.com/StephenGm_Jr/status ... 2151209985

Stephen Metelsky
@StephenGm_Jr

"There is a lingering stigma against the Luppino-Violi family after they let the police agent into their inner circle..Violi brothers being sent to prison also leaves a void." @TheSpec @NicoleatTheSpec #OrganizedCrime #HamOnt #Hamilton #HamiltonSpectator #Mafia #UnderWorldStories
1:16 PM - 2 Feb 2019

https://twitter.com/jamesdubro/status/1 ... 4639440896

james dubro‏
@jamesdubro

Could Cece have been involved with the police agent gaining trust? As Rocco's son & Luppino family real estate handler might he have slipped up in some serious way leading to the breach of the inner circle? The hit seems pretty organized.
8:17 AM - 3 Feb 2019 from Boston, MA

Stephen Metelsky
@StephenGm_Jr

Replying to @jamesdubro

Police agents are tasked/directed under carefully crafted investigative scripts, 2 attain incriminating evidence from OC targets, via conversations & pre-planned illegal transactions. An agent of this stature wouldn’t focus on peripheral relatives/targets not involved in OC.
1:23 PM - 3 Feb 2019