John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by Tonyd621 »

Maybe John didn't pay back a loan from JSV or they couldn't agree on the type of tie die clothing from
Rather wear.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

mafiastudent wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:49 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:16 pm No negatively? Why won't John P stop writing about Capeci? I mean if you don't want negativity" then just let Capeci talk and stop responding knocking Jerry for the Delucia mistake eventhough Jerry corrected almost immediately. Pennisi didn't agree with what LaVecchia wanted to do to expand the channel
It's interesting that a column was created about Jerry's mistake in calling someone a rat but nothing was said or written about McShane's HUGE mistake on Carmine Persico.
Well to be fair he did create a big post about Persico and mentioned in that specific blog post. John's transparency and listening to him respond to interesting questions with one word answers is like watching paint dry. Tom Created sitdownnews and the yt channel as well to coincide with the blog post. John had the stories but Tom Created the image. JP is so freaking anal about the Slightest negative response its so weird. I mean ur talking about murder life prison sentences etc it's going to dirty talking about that stuff and people have strong beliefs about an organization that's been around since the 1900s
You cant even disagree with him he sounds more and more like a cry baby
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Despite Tom adamantly denying it and saying as a reply to a viewer's suggestion as to why the abrupt ending happened, "the truth isn't as interesting as your theory" ... I could see just about any one -or even all- of the 'conspiracies' that have been posted on here and in the YouTube comments actually being true. My mind instantly went to something happening between both of them and Tom's wife..LMAO

Someone mentioned it a few posts back but if the show was stopped and scrubbed for caution relating to messing with any Lucchese appeals, potential upcoming indictments, active investigations, or the government taking a new found interest in some of John's info... it makes no sense for him to continue on with SitDownNews, unless he's going to cover biographies of guys, old cases, events, etc... and just add some extra color.

Pennisi "quitting" due to "negativity" is crazy too. I mean , I know they have someone who screens questions during the livestreams and maybe even scrubs comments on the recorded episodes, but I don't think I've missed one episode since John first started on NewTheory and never once did I see a "negative" commentator or any trolls. Maybe they were getting some out of pocket private emails or something but if they let that interfere with the actual show, that's on them. I feel like maybe John was blowing the whole "trolls" thing way out of proportion. Especially considering the audience size; it was no small feat but also wasn't this insanely huge, unmanageable active audience either...

What's really interesting is that a day or two ago, Tom posted a poll on YouTube asking the followers which type of formatting and frequency they wanted. Longform 1+ hour versus more frequent 15 minute clips, etc. I feel like Tom probably had some visions for the show...or even maybe multiple shows potentially... that John couldn't get down with.

If it's a disagreement about the future of the show and a conflict of creative differences, that's totally understandable. But why take down all of that content for good? Some of those episodes had some great gems and would have just slowly grown in view count over the years. Even putting them behind a paywall on a different site im sequential order or by topic and charging a one time download fee would have brought in a little something. It's worth trying, instead of deleting everything.

Anyway I hope it was more of a simple creative conflict instead of something as lame and stupid as Pennisi not "tolerating negativity" or them getting into a fight about losing money on a tie-die shirt investment
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

I think it was because Tom went on fbs podcast.Fbs talked shit about john and then his partner goes on fbs show.He must of felt betrayed.I would feel the same way if a friend of mine went on someones show who talked shit about me
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Give it time and all will come out. I predict Pennisi will be the one to speak on it first, he will accuse Tom of something and then eventually Tom will respond calmly (and sadly) about it.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

I'm gonna try and take down notes on as many of the episodes as I can while they're still up on spotify. There's no real order in which I'm covering them, but I did a few short ones this morning:

7: When John Gotti Jr. Almost Got It

- Pennisi had a large associate called AJ who went to the same gym as Junior Gotti's son
- AJ went into business with one of Gotti's nephews (one of Victoria Gotti's sons)
- AJ put up about $25,000
- The business failed so AJ wanted his investment back
- The nephew said AJ had to speak to his uncle
- AJ approached Junior at the gym
- Pennisi told AJ if anyone asked him he should say, "You gotta talk to my Friend"
- Junior said he'd embarrass AJ in front of his friends, and then he'd embarrass the friends
- AJ told Pennisi
- Pennisi, Dellorusso, and his guys sent a message to Mannino
- No-one ever received official word from the Gambinos about Junior's status
- Mannino "could have been" the consigliere at the time of this incident
- The Gambinos' response was, "He has nothing to do with us, do what yous want"
- They came up with a plan
- Pennisi told AJ to try to trick Junior into thinking they thought he was still important
- AJ would tell Junior that his (AJ's) Friend wanted to meet him and talk to him in Long Island
- Junior travelled with a guy called Big Steve
- They would choose the time and place for the meeting, lay in wait, and ambush them
- "It wasn't gonna go well for Steve, and it wasn't gonna go well for John Junior. We would've left the both of them there, right in the parking lot, and we would've left"
- AJ went to Junior
- Pennisi's cousin still talked to Junior
- Junior probably did his homework and found out what happened
- Junior never went for a meet and backed off
- AJ, frustrated, approached Junior's son and tried to pass the message again
- Junior confronted AJ at the gym because of this and pulled a pistol on him
- Junior hung out at a pizzeria in Northport
- Pennisi had a friend from the other side who worked at another restaurant in Long Island and knew the owner
- Pennisi took the friend and went to the restaurant
- The place was busy, but Junior and the owner weren't there
- They returned once more and sat down for a coffee and some cake
- The waitress asked who was asking for the owner, and the guy told her
- She said the owner just left
- Junior also stood in a Chinese place
- They went there and couldn't find him either
- He stopped going to both
- Junior's stabbing was unrelated
- The stabbing happened prior to this attempt
- Gene Gotti (and possibly Richie) was not home at the time
- Even if he was, it wouldn't have made a difference
- AJ always carried a buck knife
- Pennisi asked AJ what he did when Junior pulled the gun
- AJ didn't do anything, and just basically let Junior abuse him
- AJ never got his money back
- There was no Queens crew, though they wanted to put one in place
- Pennisi, DiBenedetto, and Cerrella were in Queens
- DiBenedetto wanted Pennisi to be the captain, Pennisi wanted DiBenedetto to be the captain
- DiBenedetto would have been a good captain
- The most serious guy Pennisi knew was John Santori
- Santori was proposed to be made but never was
- Santori was with Ciro Perrone and the Genovese family
- Santori died while Pennisi was in prison
- Santori killed a lot of people
- Back in the 80s/ 90s Junior told Pennisi that his father (Gotti) called Santori a tough guy

82: John Wins a Sit Down in Absentia with the Gambino's

- Pennisi used to go to a restaurant owned by John DiLorenzo
- At the very end of Pennisi's time on the street, Pennisi went into the restaurant and DiLorenzo was white as a ghost
- DiLorenzo was called to a meeting witb Joe Gambino, Pietro Inzerillo, and a newly inducted member Salvatore Lombardo
- Lombardo tried to claim that he was a partner with DiLorenzo to get his businesses
- If Lombardo got his way, DiLorenzo would have to hand over about $1,000,000
- DiLorenzo had loaned Lombardo several hundred thousand dollars
- DiLorenzo brought a ledger to prove his claim, but Gambino brushed it off
- They were scheduled to meet again
- Pennisi knew DiLorenzo was in trouble
- DiLorenzo had a brother-in-law called Alberto
- Alberto played racketball with DeSantis every morning in Brooklyn
- Pennisi told DiLorenzo to go to Alberto to pass along the message to DeSantis that Alberto was a silent partner in the business but he did not want to disclose that to the Gambinos
- Knowing that, DeSantis would then go and speak up for the brothers and explain the situation to the Gambinos
- The situation was resolved without Pennisi even having to go to the sit down
- Joe Gambino was Lombardo's captain
- DiLorenzo's problem went away
- When DeSantis was later trying to set up meetings with Pennisi, he tried to go through DiLorenzo
- Pennisi told DiLorenzo he could set up his own meetings

85: Lying to the Administration of the Mob Family

- Not long after the strip club incident
- Guzzo's stepson Anthony Rinaldi sued the club
- The strip club belonged to the Genoveses
- At the club in the Bronx, Pennisi saw Guzzo and Castelucci
- Guzzo looked scared and told Pennisi about the lawsuit
- Crea had sent word that he wanted the lawsuit removed
- The suit was withdrawn, but the stepson's lawyers later threatened the club
- Crea wanted Rinaldi beaten
- Guzzo and his wife needed construction work at a restaurant and Castelucci wanted the work for his company
- Castelucci told Pennisi that they cracked Rinaldi
- Pennisi knew it was a lie because Guzzo's wife would have divorced him, and Guzzo was complaining about having to give the work to Castelucci's company
- The project ended up as a disaster and never happening
- Guzzo later admitted to Pennisi that it was a lie
- Castelucci lied to Crea that the beating took place
- Prior to the fight at the strip club, Pennisi and Guzzo were scheduled to be made around July 2013
- The fight ended up bringing the ceremony forward to April 2013
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

Chris Christie wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:28 am Give it time and all will come out. I predict Pennisi will be the one to speak on it first, he will accuse Tom of something and then eventually Tom will respond calmly (and sadly) about it.
If something involving the trials is a result - I wouldn't be surprised if Capeci writes about it.

If that were the reason wouldnt Sitdown News also be taken down? Or why not just the select episodes that mentioned the trial? I really dont think its that reason.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Who’s Joe Gambino?
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

chin_gigante wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:54 am I'm gonna try and take down notes on as many of the episodes as I can while they're still up on spotify. There's no real order in which I'm covering them, but I did a few short ones this morning:

7: When John Gotti Jr. Almost Got It

- Pennisi had a large associate called AJ who went to the same gym as Junior Gotti's son
- AJ went into business with one of Gotti's nephews (one of Victoria Gotti's sons)
- AJ put up about $25,000
- The business failed so AJ wanted his investment back
- The nephew said AJ had to speak to his uncle
- AJ approached Junior at the gym
- Pennisi told AJ if anyone asked him he should say, "You gotta talk to my Friend"
- Junior said he'd embarrass AJ in front of his friends, and then he'd embarrass the friends
- AJ told Pennisi
- Pennisi, Dellorusso, and his guys sent a message to Mannino
- No-one ever received official word from the Gambinos about Junior's status
- Mannino "could have been" the consigliere at the time of this incident
- The Gambinos' response was, "He has nothing to do with us, do what yous want"
- They came up with a plan
- Pennisi told AJ to try to trick Junior into thinking they thought he was still important
- AJ would tell Junior that his (AJ's) Friend wanted to meet him and talk to him in Long Island
- Junior travelled with a guy called Big Steve
- They would choose the time and place for the meeting, lay in wait, and ambush them
- "It wasn't gonna go well for Steve, and it wasn't gonna go well for John Junior. We would've left the both of them there, right in the parking lot, and we would've left"
- AJ went to Junior
- Pennisi's cousin still talked to Junior
- Junior probably did his homework and found out what happened
- Junior never went for a meet and backed off
- AJ, frustrated, approached Junior's son and tried to pass the message again
- Junior confronted AJ at the gym because of this and pulled a pistol on him
- Junior hung out at a pizzeria in Northport
- Pennisi had a friend from the other side who worked at another restaurant in Long Island and knew the owner
- Pennisi took the friend and went to the restaurant
- The place was busy, but Junior and the owner weren't there
- They returned once more and sat down for a coffee and some cake
- The waitress asked who was asking for the owner, and the guy told her
- She said the owner just left
- Junior also stood in a Chinese place
- They went there and couldn't find him either
- He stopped going to both
- Junior's stabbing was unrelated
- The stabbing happened prior to this attempt
- Gene Gotti (and possibly Richie) was not home at the time
- Even if he was, it wouldn't have made a difference
- AJ always carried a buck knife
- Pennisi asked AJ what he did when Junior pulled the gun
- AJ didn't do anything, and just basically let Junior abuse him
- AJ never got his money back
- There was no Queens crew, though they wanted to put one in place
- Pennisi, DiBenedetto, and Cerrella were in Queens
- DiBenedetto wanted Pennisi to be the captain, Pennisi wanted DiBenedetto to be the captain
- DiBenedetto would have been a good captain
- The most serious guy Pennisi knew was John Santori
- Santori was proposed to be made but never was
- Santori was with Ciro Perrone and the Genovese family
- Santori died while Pennisi was in prison
- Santori killed a lot of people
- Back in the 80s/ 90s Junior told Pennisi that his father (Gotti) called Santori a tough guy

82: John Wins a Sit Down in Absentia with the Gambino's

- Pennisi used to go to a restaurant owned by John DiLorenzo
- At the very end of Pennisi's time on the street, Pennisi went into the restaurant and DiLorenzo was white as a ghost
- DiLorenzo was called to a meeting witb Joe Gambino, Pietro Inzerillo, and a newly inducted member Salvatore Lombardo
- Lombardo tried to claim that he was a partner with DiLorenzo to get his businesses
- If Lombardo got his way, DiLorenzo would have to hand over about $1,000,000
- DiLorenzo had loaned Lombardo several hundred thousand dollars
- DiLorenzo brought a ledger to prove his claim, but Gambino brushed it off
- They were scheduled to meet again
- Pennisi knew DiLorenzo was in trouble
- DiLorenzo had a brother-in-law called Alberto
- Alberto played racketball with DeSantis every morning in Brooklyn
- Pennisi told DiLorenzo to go to Alberto to pass along the message to DeSantis that Alberto was a silent partner in the business but he did not want to disclose that to the Gambinos
- Knowing that, DeSantis would then go and speak up for the brothers and explain the situation to the Gambinos
- The situation was resolved without Pennisi even having to go to the sit down
- Joe Gambino was Lombardo's captain
- DiLorenzo's problem went away
- When DeSantis was later trying to set up meetings with Pennisi, he tried to go through DiLorenzo
- Pennisi told DiLorenzo he could set up his own meetings

85: Lying to the Administration of the Mob Family

- Not long after the strip club incident
- Guzzo's stepson Anthony Rinaldi sued the club
- The strip club belonged to the Genoveses
- At the club in the Bronx, Pennisi saw Guzzo and Castelucci
- Guzzo looked scared and told Pennisi about the lawsuit
- Crea had sent word that he wanted the lawsuit removed
- The suit was withdrawn, but the stepson's lawyers later threatened the club
- Crea wanted Rinaldi beaten
- Guzzo and his wife needed construction work at a restaurant and Castelucci wanted the work for his company
- Castelucci told Pennisi that they cracked Rinaldi
- Pennisi knew it was a lie because Guzzo's wife would have divorced him, and Guzzo was complaining about having to give the work to Castelucci's company
- The project ended up as a disaster and never happening
- Guzzo later admitted to Pennisi that it was a lie
- Castelucci lied to Crea that the beating took place
- Prior to the fight at the strip club, Pennisi and Guzzo were scheduled to be made around July 2013
- The fight ended up bringing the ceremony forward to April 2013
You did a great job bro.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

The podcast ran its course. The stories got dry. There talking about the pizza connection trial book that came out 30+yrs ago. Theres not anuff time in a day to do a 1 or 2 podcast and probaly not make 1 dollsr of it. Its fall probaly go wrake some leaves then sit around talking about your failed mob career
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

The production value on it was fucking horrendous anyway, pennisi better of doing it alone, probably needs what ever money he makes off it for himself.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Shellackhead wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:09 am Who’s Joe Gambino?
John Gambinos brother.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

This was the best of the mob podcasts from the last year+. Hopefully Pennisi keeps it up, as it was about him anyway.

Thanks Chin for keeping track of the info. Pennisi is great at dropping random stuff that only we'd care about so hope it continues.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

All of it was Tom's idea. The partnership, the sitdownnews yt videos to go along with the blog posts. Tom is trying to make it grow into something more. Tom was all about giving away stuff when they hit 8k subs and John seemed very monotone about all this growth. When you become informant you will never be immune to negative feedback especially when your blogging and doing video(s) about it and talking about this one or that one. He has taken this no negativity thing to the extreme... maybe his podcast studio began to shake and it was a sign from above or maybe he got caught beating off in Tom's shower...
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Awesome stuff Chin. Sometimes you have to listen to John for 30 minutes to get 90 seconds of good intel.