Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NickleCity
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by NickleCity »

This part of the article Anti posted thatI find very interesting:
It i s no coincidence, they say, that this new boss, representing a crime family that rivalled Papalia's, arose just after the murders.
Any ideas about who this crime family might be? Has anyone heard of a Caputo crime family?

Anyway, on Dec. 3 Manning made the following public post about the Humphries article:
Met this guy once in a bar when undercover. Larger than life, but he made an excuse and he left sharpish. I always thought he suspected me a cop. Later found out he thought I was there to clip him! 😳
In the comments somebody complains about the media making a big deal and overusing the word shocking. Here is Manning’s reply:
Ruzzuto, Papalia and Caputo’s all have ties to Buffalo.
It’s all interesting I don’t know what to make of it.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

NickleCity wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:31 am This part of the article Anti posted thatI find very interesting:
It i s no coincidence, they say, that this new boss, representing a crime family that rivalled Papalia's, arose just after the murders.
Any ideas about who this crime family might be? Has anyone heard of a Caputo crime family?

Anyway, on Dec. 3 Manning made the following public post about the Humphries article:
Met this guy once in a bar when undercover. Larger than life, but he made an excuse and he left sharpish. I always thought he suspected me a cop. Later found out he thought I was there to clip him! 😳
In the comments somebody complains about the media making a big deal and overusing the word shocking. Here is Manning’s reply:
May be the Caputos referenced in this article?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/torontosun ... 5f7dc8/amp
All roads lead to New York.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:57 am
NickleCity wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:31 am This part of the article Anti posted thatI find very interesting:

Thanks Wiseguy... forgot about that article... I would have to bet the Caputo in that article is the one begin alluded to in that FB post by manning.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

A lot of gunplay in Hamilton recently.

Man shot outside Roxborough Avenue home; report of second shooting on Barton Street East

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9160 ... reet-east/
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

The more I think about it the more I'm starting to believe the Violis, along with the Bonannos, have been the instigators of the conflict in Montreal in recent years.

Think about it: Violi made in 2015, then elevated to underboss and forging close ties to the Bonannos, who seem to renew their presence in Canada at the same time.

Then later that year a new conflict breaks out in Montreal after two years of relative stability. Contracts are placed on the heads of the heads of the Montreal Mafia, Stefano Sollecito and Leonardo Rizzuto, followed by the murders of other high-ranking Rizzuto loyalists, Lorenzo Giordano, Rocco Sollecito and Vincenzo Spagnolo. Giordano was most likely killed before he was able to resume control on the street on behalf of the Rizzuto group just when they were weakened by Stefano Sollecito's and Leonardo Rizzuto's arrests. The elder Sollecito and Spagnolo were the remaining senior members who were then killed off. Around the same time we see the Violis meeting with suspected Rizzuto opponents in a Montreal restaurant, which I don't think was any coincidence and related to what went on. Shortly after the restaurant gets burned to the ground, which I think was a message from the Rizzuto group to the would-be usurpers.

What I suspect has happened is that the Bonannos have asked Todaro to revive the Buffalo family's presence in Canada, induct Violi and make him underboss, so they have a strong ally who can support them and act in their interest to reorganize the landscape. This is something that may have likely been first started by Montagna, but when he was killed any such plans were put on hold.

I believe others here had suggested a similar scenario and it increasingly starts to make sense. Now what is happening in Hamilton may indeed be tied to the power struggle in Montreal. The Rizzuto group may now regain some momentum, but I think they are too weakened to get back on top. At this point I think the reorganization is irreversible and a new regime may have already been installed in Montreal.

I also realize how diferent this all would've been had Vito Rizzuto still been alive today.

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

I think we can likely conclude the theory the Toronto Ndrangheta clams were behind the move can be put to bed and this was an LCN matter.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

NickleCity wrote:
Wiseguy wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:57 am

Met this guy once in a bar when undercover. Larger than life, but he made an excuse and he left sharpish. I always thought he suspected me a cop. Later found out he thought I was there to clip him! [emoji15]

Thanks Wiseguy... forgot about that article... I would have to bet the Caputo in that article is the one begin alluded to in that FB post by manning.
Then we have the Caputo Cheese Company which Bonanno was involved in. B. recently suggesting that the Caputos were Bonanno members.

We on the forum are going to piece this all together. [emoji1303]
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:I think we can likely conclude the theory the Toronto Ndrangheta clams were behind the move can be put to bed and this was an LCN matter.
I still believe they were involved to some degree with Montagna consulting them out of courtesy and asking them to be on board in order to assure a good future business relationship.

Also, I still believe Calautti to be Nick, Sr.'s killer. Then there was Jimmy DeMaria's cousin in Montreal around the time of that killing caught trying to steel a balaclava and other material that would be used for a hit. That's basically all the evidence we have of their possible involvement.

But yeah, I agree that it wasn't coming from Toronto. I've always believed that btw. But back in the days you were slaughtered on the forums for even suggesting New York's involvement.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Lupara wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:31 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote:I think we can likely conclude the theory the Toronto Ndrangheta clams were behind the move can be put to bed and this was an LCN matter.
I still believe they were involved to some degree with Montagna consulting them out of courtesy and asking them to be on board in order to assure a good future business relationship.

Also, I still believe Calautti to be Nick, Sr.'s killer. Then there was Jimmy DeMaria's cousin in Montreal around the time of that killing caught trying to steel a balaclava and other material that would be used for a hit. That's basically all the evidence we have of their possible involvement.

But yeah, I agree that it wasn't coming from Toronto. I've always believed that btw. But back in the days you were slaughtered on the forums for even suggesting New York's involvement.
And I would’ve been the one slaughtering you 😁
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:

And I would’ve been the one slaughtering you [emoji16]
You're forgiven. [emoji28]

antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Mobsters now targeting relatives in southern Ontario gang war

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... -gang-war/
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Lupara wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:20 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote:

And I would’ve been the one slaughtering you [emoji16]
You're forgiven. [emoji28]
😂😁👍
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

antimafia wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:54 pm Mobsters now targeting relatives in southern Ontario gang war

A few points.

The Toronto Sun is more a tabloid than broadsheet. So tends towards exaggeration and hype.

Secondly they are incorrect when they state Cece ‘had nothing to do with the Luppino crime family’ and portray him as an innocent family member.
He was offered membership in a La Cosa Nostra family. How that equates to innocence or uninvolvement is beyond me. He’s an associate at the least, a made member at most. Either scenario does not equal an innocent bystander tragically involved through no fault of his own but mere association.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:
antimafia wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:54 pm Mobsters now targeting relatives in southern Ontario gang war

A few points.

The Toronto Sun is more a tabloid than broadsheet. So tends towards exaggeration and hype.

Secondly they are incorrect when they state Cece ‘had nothing to do with the Luppino crime family’ and portray him as an innocent family member.
He was offered membership in a La Cosa Nostra family. How that equates to innocence or uninvolvement is beyond me. He’s an associate at the least, a made member at most. Either scenario does not equal an innocent bystander tragically involved through no fault of his own but mere association.
I'm inclined to believe that as well. But the Musitanos are known to be quite ferocious, if it comes from them, which seems the most likely scenario.

I think if mafiosi (and other criminals) are hell-bend on revenge, they would want to get you where it hurt the most.

We'll see probably sooner than later, how this plays out.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

I don’t think I’m in the camp believing this involves the Musitano’s.
I’ve yet to see evidence of what ‘family’ and support they can muster, independent of the Buffalo/Rizzuto clans and I suspect, IMO, that they are/were both effectively inactive post releases from prison.
I don’t recall evidence of them having a ‘faction’ or support and am suspicious of their being a player or factor.
Again, opinion.