Bonanno 1960s chart

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Re: Bonanno 1960s chart

Post by HairyKnuckles »

B. wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:25 am Anyone else you know of with the Colletti-Caruso crew pre-1970s?

Antonino Busciglio (Alessandria della Rocca, AG)...
Antonino Busciglio is most likely the individual referred to as "Nino" in a FBI document dated late 1960s as a suspected member that can be found on MF. He was involved in a case back in 1967 after NJ State police raided an ilegal card game. All in all 50 individuals were arrested and all but Busciglio´s name totally unknown to me. However, there´s no indication Busciglio was made pre 1963. Have you guys found anything that confirms that he was made pre 1963?
He was born in 1929 and apparently lived in South Hackensack, Bergen County.
There you have it, never printed before.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

They got that name Nino from the DeCavalcante tapes, where “Nino” and “Giamone”(still don’t know who that is) were Bonanno members who the DeCavalcantes had to fire from their Union when the Commission was putting pressure on the family to abandon Bonanno. That was in late 64 I think so he must have been a member by then.

Not sure when he came to the US, but he may have been a transfer. B. might know, I feel like we talked about this before.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Ok. If he was made pre 1963, that would mean the Bonannos had at least 3 members living in NJ at the time. That does not fit with what B suggested after going through the Magaddino/Sciacca/Bill Loffa transcripts. In the transcripts Sciacca and Loffa were asked by Magaddino how many they were and Loffa chimed in by saying "...and the two in New York" which B thinks actually means "and the two in Newark".

Have you guys seen this document?

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... D%20family

Would be interesting to know what you think of this. Is the Gaspar Bongiorno name just a butchered version of Gaspar DiGregorio? If so, did Gaspar DiGregorio have a son named Joseph? If it´s not butchered, that would mean a Gaspar Bongiorno or possibly his son Joseph, was a Bonanno member and a skipper by 1964. I found a Gaspar Bongiorno in 1940 NY census, living in Bushwick, Brooklyn (1042 Flushing Avenue) born ca 1884 with a son named Joseph born ca 1920.
There you have it, never printed before.
nash143
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by nash143 »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:58 am Ok. If he was made pre 1963, that would mean the Bonannos had at least 3 members living in NJ at the time. That does not fit with what B suggested after going through the Magaddino/Sciacca/Bill Loffa transcripts. In the transcripts Sciacca and Loffa were asked by Magaddino how many they were and Loffa chimed in by saying "...and the two in New York" which B thinks actually means "and the two in Newark".

Would be interesting to know what you think of this. Is the Gaspar Bongiorno name just a butchered version of Gaspar DiGregorio? If so, did Gaspar DiGregorio have a son named Joseph? If it´s not butchered, that would mean a Gaspar Bongiorno or possibly his son Joseph, was a Bonanno member and a skipper by 1964. I found a Gaspar Bongiorno in 1940 NY census, living in Bushwick, Brooklyn (1042 Flushing Avenue) born ca 1884 with a son named Joseph born ca 1920.
I'm pretty sure this Gaspare Bongiorno (1883 - 1970) as well as being Joe Bongiorno's father, is Steve Magaddino's bro-in-law and Peter Magaddino's Father-in-law. Not sure on whether he was a member or not?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

There are a few reports that indicate Nino Busciglio transferred membership from Sicily to the US. I don't know what year he arrived but it was sometime in the 1960s -- one report says outright Nino was a "made guy" in Sicily before the Bonanno Family.

The New York / Newark thing was just my guess at what Sciacca meant given so much of the phonetic interpretations were off. The Caruso and Alfano crews had members in NJ but were also active in NYC. Maybe he meant people who operate exclusively in Newark or I'm wrong and Sciacca did say two members in New York for some reason. Upstate? There was DiCocco who was an upstate member -- maybe there was another who wasn't ID'd.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

nash143 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:08 am
HairyKnuckles wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:58 am Ok. If he was made pre 1963, that would mean the Bonannos had at least 3 members living in NJ at the time. That does not fit with what B suggested after going through the Magaddino/Sciacca/Bill Loffa transcripts. In the transcripts Sciacca and Loffa were asked by Magaddino how many they were and Loffa chimed in by saying "...and the two in New York" which B thinks actually means "and the two in Newark".

I'm pretty sure this Gaspare Bongiorno (1883 - 1970) as well as being Joe Bongiorno's father, is Steve Magaddino's bro-in-law and Peter Magaddino's Father-in-law. Not sure on whether he was a member or not?
Nash is right. All the FBI had to go on for "Gasparino", was that he was a brother-in-law of Magaddino. So they thought that Bongiorno was him, but after interviewing him and seeing his advanced age and health problem decided it likely wasn't him. Eventually they figured out it was DiGregorio, as DiGregorio was a brother in law to Magaddino, but his wife passed away.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

B. wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:49 am There are a few reports that indicate Nino Busciglio transferred membership from Sicily to the US. I don't know what year he arrived but it was sometime in the 1960s -- one report says outright Nino was a "made guy" in Sicily before the Bonanno Family.

The New York / Newark thing was just my guess at what Sciacca meant given so much of the phonetic interpretations were off. The Caruso and Alfano crews had members in NJ but were also active in NYC. Maybe he meant people who operate exclusively in Newark or I'm wrong and Sciacca did say two members in New York for some reason. Upstate? There was DiCocco who was an upstate member -- maybe there was another who wasn't ID'd.
Thomas Scardino apparently lived in Gardiner, NY. Could be he meant upstate.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Speaking of transfers, Tucson soldier Antonio Badalamenti looks to have been one. This is from the Tucson police:

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Great find on Badalamenti.

- Another likely transfer was Giuseppe Buccellato, came to the US after the books closed and his father was a Sicilian member, their clan speaks for itself.

- Another one in NJ might be Onofrio Milazzo. From Trapani province and made in Sicily but I would have sworn he was with the Luccheses as he repped Lucchese associates Tony Accetturo and Jimmy Craparotta in a sitdown with the Genovese Family involving John DiGilio right after DiGilio was "released" by Joe Zicarelli. Milazzo was also a cousin of Craparotta. Big post on it here a while back: https://theblackhand.club/forum/viewtop ... =47&t=5431

... but there's an FBI report where a source says a redacted name was a Sicilian member that transferred to the Bonannos. It wasn't Busciglio but the informant linked the zip to Angelo Salvo. He said the zip was connected to Jimmy Craparotta and involved in an issue with Zicarelli and DiGilio, so it has to be Onofrio Milazzo. I don't know how a Bonanno member would rep two Lucchese associates in a sitdown even if he's related to one, so maybe the informant was confused but the sitdown stemmed from issues related to associate Herbie Gross being claimed by John DiGilio when he was a Bonanno associate w/ Zicarelli so there was a Bonanno element to the situation.

- There was that informant too who said when guys come over from Italy they are "sent" to Angelo Caruso. Seems the Caruso/Salvo crew played a big role with zips earlier on. Ligammari was an NJ member and he seems to have had ties to the mafia in Alessandria like Busciglio.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

thekiduknow wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:45 am
B. wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:49 am There are a few reports that indicate Nino Busciglio transferred membership from Sicily to the US. I don't know what year he arrived but it was sometime in the 1960s -- one report says outright Nino was a "made guy" in Sicily before the Bonanno Family.

Thomas Scardino apparently lived in Gardiner, NY. Could be he meant upstate.
The Bonanno Family had strong ties to that area for 60+ years. Marlboro, Newburgh, Wappingers Falls.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

B. wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:16 am Great find on Badalamenti.

- Another likely transfer was Giuseppe Buccellato, came to the US after the books closed and his father was a Sicilian member, their clan speaks for itself.

- Another one in NJ might be Onofrio Milazzo. From Trapani province and made in Sicily but I would have sworn he was with the Luccheses as he repped Lucchese associates Tony Accetturo and Jimmy Craparotta in a sitdown with the Genovese Family involving John DiGilio right after DiGilio was "released" by Joe Zicarelli. Milazzo was also a cousin of Craparotta. Big post on it here a while back: https://theblackhand.club/forum/viewtop ... =47&t=5431

... but there's an FBI report where a source says a redacted name was a Sicilian member that transferred to the Bonannos. It wasn't Busciglio but the informant linked the zip to Angelo Salvo. He said the zip was connected to Jimmy Craparotta and involved in an issue with Zicarelli and DiGilio, so it has to be Onofrio Milazzo. I don't know how a Bonanno member would rep two Lucchese associates in a sitdown even if he's related to one, so maybe the informant was confused but the sitdown stemmed from issues related to associate Herbie Gross being claimed by John DiGilio when he was a Bonanno associate w/ Zicarelli so there was a Bonanno element to the situation.

- There was that informant too who said when guys come over from Italy they are "sent" to Angelo Caruso. Seems the Caruso/Salvo crew played a big role with zips earlier on. Ligammari was an NJ member and he seems to have had ties to the mafia in Alessandria like Busciglio.
Badalamenti was originally from Palermo, as was Pietro Licata who I think was also a transfer. The Bonanno family must have kept ties with the Palermo family to get guys to transfer.

I agree about Buccellato, almost no question he was a transferred. He lived in Tunis for a long time before going to the US, so he might have transferred from that family.(If they were still around?)

Interesting about Milazzo. Did he have any ties to Salvo? If so, might be that informant was confused. Salvo was carried as Gambino member at first from what I recall.

Yeah, that Caruso thing kind of flies in the face of the "Galante brought all the zips over" narrative. Not to say Galante didn't but it's clear the Bonannos as a whole brought in a lot of guys.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

The informant said the redacted guy (Milazzo) was with the same Family as Salvo, so he seems to have mentally associated them given he could have named just about anyone. The Craparottas were from Trapani and I'm sure his cousin Milazzo was, so that could add to the Bonanno affiliation. The Lucchese NJ crew still had a bunch of guys from Trapani then though.

Most if not all of the zip Bonanno members were in the US before Galante was out of prison. People can say he gave them power but they were already here for sure. Another one of those myths that stays alive because it sounds good to say Galante was importing zips as part of his takeover.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Milazzo does bring to mind Gaspare Milazzo who was from CDG, so that name does show up there.

When did Amato and Bonventre arrive in the US? Even if it was before he got out of jail, I can see the presence of two young zips could feed into that narrative of Galante bringing young soldiers over.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

There was a capomandamento of Alcamo named Vincenzo Milazzo killed in in the early 90s too.

Not sure the year for Amato/Bonventre but they were both still teens when they came so it was years before Galante got out. Nash found out too Cesare's father was born in the US and returned to CDG. Not sure if we can name one zip he could have brought over. Definitely wasn't trading stolen cars for zips like Tony Soprano.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

By no means a final list, just wanted to post the names I have so far. Any additions corrections are welcome.

Adamo, Anthony
Adamo, Michael
Adamo, Peter
Alese, Pietro
Alfano, Nicolo
Allegato, Michael
Andaloro, Rosario "Russ"
Angelino, Michael "Mike Angelo"
Aquaro, John
Asaro, Giuseppe Sr
Asaro, Jerome "Jerry"
Asaro, Joseph Vincent "Josie"
Asaro, Vincenzo
Badalamenti, Antonio
Barranca, Stefano
Battaglia, Charles "Charlie Bats"
Bello, Antonio
Bivona, Carmelo
Bonanno, Joseph
Bonanno, Salvatore "Bill"
Bonomo, Frank
Bonventre, Giovanni
Bonventre, Martin
Bonventre, Pietro
Bonventre, Vito
Bruno, Salvatore
Bucaro, Andrew "Curly"
Buccellato, Giuseppe
Bucci, Romeo
Busciglio, Antonino "Nino"
Buttafuoco, Nicholas
Caccamise, Salvatore(Was he made at this time?)
Cacioppo, Antonio
Campanella, Mario(Was he made at this time?)
Cannone, Stefano
Capasso, Vincent "Jimmy Fort Lee"
Caradonna, Vito
Caruso, Angelo
Castello, Nicholas
Cinquemani, Peter
Cocolicchio, Giuseppe “Big Pep”*
Colio, Nicola “Zio Cola”
Consolo, Michael
Cosenza, Michael
Cosoleto, Pasquale
Cotroni, Frank “Le Gros”
Cotroni, Giuseppe “Pep”
Cotroni, Vincenzo “Vic”
Crisci, Anthony
Crociata, Francesco*
Crociata, Pietro "Skinny Pete"
D’Angelo, Anthony “Scotty”*
D'Angelo, Epifano "Frank/Fauney"
D'Angelo, Gaetano "Thomas/Smitty"
D'Angelo, Jerome "Jerry"
D'Aquanno, Giuseppe "Pino"(What year did he come over?)
Dara, WIlliam
Dasti, Frank
DeFilippo, Patrick(According to the Magaddino wire, he was apparently made in NY sometime before 1964)
DeFilippo, Vito
DeMarinis, Alfonse "Big Al"
DePasquale, Iganzio*
DePasquale, Natale*
DePasquale, Vincenzo*
DiBella, John
DiCocco, Paul "Legs"
DiFilippi, Joseph
DiGiovanna, Anthony "Tony DeJohn"
DiGregorio, Anthony*(Son of Gaspare, might have been made later)
DiGregorio, Armando*(Anyone know who this is?)
DiGregorio, Bartolomeo*
DiGregorio, Gaspare
DiGregorio, Matteo*(Brother of Gaspare, does anyone know if he was for sure made?)
DiIorio, Nicola “Cola
DiMaria, Joseph
DiStefano, Nicholas
Dolce, Frank(Anyone know who this is?)
Domingo, Antonio
Evola, Natale
Ferrugia, Salvatore
Fiordilino, Giovanni
Galante, Carmine "Lilo"
Gallo, Ciro
Garofalo, Frank
Garofalo, Vincenzo*(The one who was shot with Vincent Cassasse, I think a Genovese member, was not related to Frank Garofalo that I can find. Bill refers to them both as “our men”. Might have just been an associate)
Genovese, Joseph
Giaccone, Philip "Phil Lucky"
Giardina, Elia “Leo”
Giarrusso, Sam
Giganti, Pasquale “Cha Cha”
Giglio, Salvatore
Greco, Luigi
Grimaldi, Giuseppe
Grippi, Salvatore
Ippolito, Salvatore
LaBruzzo, Frank
Lanzo, Angelo*
Leone, Anthony
Licata, Pietro
Licata, Vito*(Referred to as a deceased member after he was killed, anyone have any more info?)
Licovelli, Vito
Lisi, Gaetano "Tony"
Lorenzo, Nicholas "Nicky Red"
Lucido, Anthony
Marangello, Nicholas "Nicky Glasses"
Manfre, Santo*
Marchese, Salvatore
Mari, Frank
Mastraccio, Diodato*
Mastricola, Joseph?
Messina, Anthony "Pat"
Messina, Frank*
Messina, Joseph
Mione, Gaspare
Mirabile, Salvatore "Toto"
Mistretta, Frank
Monte, Angelo*(Not sure when he was made)
Morale, John "Johnny Burns"
Morale, Rosario "Sally Burns"
Morsellino, Vincenzo
Mule, Felix*
Mule, Prospect(When did he transfer to San Jose?)
Mule, Vito
Musillo, Charles(Was he made at this time?)
Notaro, Joseph
Passalacqua, Peter
Petrone, Giovanni “John Petrone”
Pollastrino, Armando "Buddy"
Prisinzano, Angelo "Little Moe"
Prisinzano, Frank
Puma, Joseph
Raimondi, Anthony
Rastelli, Philip
Renda, Calogero
Restivo, Biaggio
Riela, Antonio
Rizzo, Giuseppe*
Rizzuto, Antonio
Rizzuto, Nicolo
Sabella, Domenico
Sabella, Dominick
Sabella, Michael
Saputo, Giuseppe
Salvo, Angelo
Scardino, Thomas
Sciacca, Joseph
Sciacca, Paul
Sciortino, Peter
Sciuto, Anthony
Signorelli, Vincenzo*(JD has him as “possibly Magaddino”)
Silinote, Giuseppe*
Silinote, Russell
Silionote, Steve
Simari, Carl "Buddy"
Sinacore, Frank
Sinacore, Joseph
Soccio, Vincenzo
Sorrentino, Salvatore
Spadaro, Antonio
Spadaro, Joseph
Sparaco, Anthony*
Tagliagambe, Mario
Tarantola, Vincent(?)
Tartamella, Francesco
Tartamella, John
Tartamella, Sereno "Bobby T"
Telleri, Frank*(Possibly an associate)
Titone, Joseph(Arizona member, may have been made later?)
Valvo, Benjamin
Valvo, Matteo
Vigneri, Anthony
Violi, Paolo.
Zaffarano, Michael
Zicarelli, Joseph "Bayonne Joe"
Zirpoli, Pasquale

175 names. Pretty close to the estimate of between 180-200.
Last edited by thekiduknow on Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.