Pittsburgh fam questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: Pittsburgh fam questions

Post by JCB1977 »

phatmatress777 wrote:From what I read it doesn't seem so bertone pissed many people off in the mob and lived on borrowed time he ripped off people with sugar right before his death

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
It was actually Joey Rosa who ripped off the sugar and money...he blamed it on Bertone and Bertone knew it was going to happen but Rosa engineered it...Rosa was known for his rip offs of drug dealers and staged robberies to collect insurance money...Bertone just happened to be a partner in the drug trade and was the scapegoat. Most of LE assumed Geno Chiarelli pulled the trigger on the Bertone hit but Geno took his 18 years, served them and died shortly after his release. It all leads back to Rosa and the government gave him a free pass because he ratted out Chucky Porter and Lou Raucci. While Bertone was no saint, he wasn't as deep as the other guys. After Bertone went missing, Porter went to his house and gave the wife $20k with monthly installments of $2k. Obviously, Porter knew what happened to him and just wanted the wife to keep quiet.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

JCB1977 wrote:Joe Bertone was a partner of Joey Rosa and William Prosdocimo in the narcotics trade. He disappeared in 1985 never to be seen again. According to court transcripts, Joey Rosa bragged to other guys that he killed Bertone and knew where he was buried. He owned a restaurant called Joe's in McKeesport.

Stroccos, I think you may be referring to Ronald "Porky" Melocchi who was running a multi million daollar gambling operation recently out of a storefront in McKeesport. Traditionally, Bobby Iannelli had all the numbers gambling in McKeesport for many years that he assumed control of after Tony Grosso went to prison. There were several other small time bookmakers.

**The Capo in charge of McKeesport/Braddock and the Eastern Suburbs was Frank "Sonny" Amato
yes I am aware of porkys bust , I forgot about Amato jr though . The guys name is BAcco , just not sure how he fits into anything if at all .
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Stroccos wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:Joe Bertone was a partner of Joey Rosa and William Prosdocimo in the narcotics trade. He disappeared in 1985 never to be seen again. According to court transcripts, Joey Rosa bragged to other guys that he killed Bertone and knew where he was buried. He owned a restaurant called Joe's in McKeesport.

Stroccos, I think you may be referring to Ronald "Porky" Melocchi who was running a multi million daollar gambling operation recently out of a storefront in McKeesport. Traditionally, Bobby Iannelli had all the numbers gambling in McKeesport for many years that he assumed control of after Tony Grosso went to prison. There were several other small time bookmakers.

**The Capo in charge of McKeesport/Braddock and the Eastern Suburbs was Frank "Sonny" Amato
yes I am aware of porkys bust , I forgot about Amato jr though . The guys name is BAcco , just not sure how he fits into anything if at all .

Anthony Bacco was the first cousin of Joey Rosa, infamous Pittsburgh mob rat, son of Capo Frank Rosa and grandson to Pittsburgh Consigliere Joe Sica. It was reported at Chucky Porter's trial by Defense witness John Vento that Rosa told him that his cousin Anthony Bacco pulled the trigger on Joey Bertone after Rosa lured Bertone to Sonny Jordan's garage. The only connection Anthony Bacco had to LCN was through Joey Rosa.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

JCB1977 wrote:
Stroccos wrote:

Anthony Bacco was the first cousin of Joey Rosa, infamous Pittsburgh mob rat, son of Capo Frank Rosa and grandson to Pittsburgh Consigliere Joe Sica. It was reported at Chucky Porter's trial by Defense witness John Vento that Rosa told him that his cousin Anthony Bacco pulled the trigger on Joey Bertone after Rosa lured Bertone to Sonny Jordan's garage. The only connection Anthony Bacco had to LCN was through Joey Rosa.
I believe the guys name is Arthur , he may of been tied in with Ciasullo some how . somebody mentioned the guy i figured i see if anyone heard of this guy. its very possbile he wasnt into anyting at all,

do you have hapen to have John volpes obit? he was killed in the 30's
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Stroccos wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:
Stroccos wrote:

I believe the guys name is Arthur , he may of been tied in with Ciasullo some how . somebody mentioned the guy i figured i see if anyone heard of this guy. its very possbile he wasnt into anyting at all,

Not an obit but I do have most of the articles from the murder

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Stroccos wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:
Stroccos wrote:

Here ya go...Obit for Arturo Bacco:

His father Arthur died in 1992. It appears his father Arthur married a Volpe

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Here is the obit for Arthur Bacco:

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

thanks for the obits , yes I wonder if that Clara "volpe" bacco is john volpes daughter the guy killed in the 30's daughter,
Arturo appers to have been partners with A Genre Pecora in a vending company , any relation to JOJO?
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Jo Jo had 3 brothers: Charles aka. PK, Vince and Richie. I don't believe any were in the vending business. Jo Jo's Uncle Frank Pecora may have had a son in the business. However, Uncle Frank's son Frank was a State Senator.
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Stroccos wrote:thanks for the obits , yes I wonder if that Clara "volpe" bacco is john volpes daughter the guy killed in the 30's daughter,
Arturo appers to have been partners with A Genre Pecora in a vending company , any relation to JOJO?
There was a Gerald Pecora who was part of LIUNA 1058, but he was not related although they had the same last name

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

FriendofHenry wrote:Jo Jo had 3 brothers: Charles aka. PK, Vince and Richie. I don't believe any were in the vending business. Jo Jo's Uncle Frank Pecora may have had a son in the business. However, Uncle Frank's son Frank was a State Senator.
Thanks FOH what about a flooring company?
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

I believe that would be Richie ;)
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

FriendofHenry wrote:I believe that would be Richie ;)
Thank you sir,
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

PK was the union boss for the Pittsburgh Post truck drivers and Vince was a steward for Union 1058 ;)
Richie was a roulette dealer at the Jockey Club and Red Dog on RT.30 in Chester West Virginia. Last I heard, Richie is still in the flooring business in Florida.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

FriendofHenry wrote:PK was the union boss for the Pittsburgh Post truck drivers and Vince was a steward for Union 1058 ;)
Richie was a roulette dealer at the Jockey Club and Red Dog on RT.30 in Chester West Virginia. Last I heard, Richie is still in the flooring business in Florida.

Great info , here is the flooring company I was reffering to http://pecoraflooring.com/contact/