Murder at home owned by Rocco Luppino (Hamilton)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NickleCity
Full Patched

Re: Murder at home owned by Rocco Luppino (Hamilton)

Post by NickleCity »

That this was interesting from the O’Reilly article:
There is a "lingering stigma" around the family allowing an uandercover operative into the crime family, along with a "huge void" left by the two Violi brothers going to prison, said Stephen Metelsky, a criminology professor at Mohawk College who spent 21 years with Halton police, including working in organized crime.

The murder of a Luppino sends a message, he said.

Now Hamilton's two remaining traditional organized crime families — the Musitanos and the Violi/Luppinos have been "decimated" by homicides and successful prosecutions.

"The power vacuum and the void in the city is widening," he said.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

From Molly Hayes article:
According to wire transcript excerpts in that case, Joey Violi told an associate – who, unbeknownst to him was a police agent – back in February, 2015, that Cece Luppino had been approached about becoming a “made” member.

“Cece told his dad if he could make money then he would be involved, if no money than he doesn’t want to be involved; that there are too many headaches,” the wire transcript excerpt from their conversation reads. “[Joey] Violi stated that Cece told his father he watched his father struggle for 30 years, and that Cece does not want to struggle for 30 years; and if he does have to then he doesn’t want it.
In my quick read this article doesn’t state if he accepted or declined the offer to be made. Here is the link: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... ters-home/
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Murder at home owned by Rocco Luppino (Hamilton)

Post by Lupara »

antimafia wrote:
Lupara wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:32 pm What is the basis for this rumor of a father killing his son?

Who knows this could be related to Montreal.
If I have read a rumour online, such as on social media, I will mention where I have read it -- and I may or may not post a link. As far as I know, the rumour about Rocco killing his son was not online.

My guess is that the basis for the rumour is the site of the murder: a home. A home co-owned by Rocco Luppino.

But of course there have been all these other murders in Ontario, as well as arson and the firing of shots, that have not been the result of domestic conflict (Rocco Zito's murder is the exception).
Many mobsters get killed at their home, because that is both logically and logistically speaking the best spot to kill them. So looking at it from that perspective it could always be the result of a domestic dispute, such as their own wife ordering the hit out of jealousy for the husband's many comare.

I think if Rocco Luppino ordered his own son to be killed this was without a doubt the worst spot to carry it out. How's that having an alibi? As a father he would've known of his son's whereabouts and could've had him killed anywhere other than at his own home (and then dispose of the body instead of leaving any evidence). So naturally I don't buy it, but I understand your reasoning for bringing it up.

This indeed has the hallmark of sending a message. It's always intimidating killing someone and leaving the body for his own wife, kids and neighbours to see. If Rocco Luppino is behind this he's an idiot.
Heathen
Straightened out

Post by Heathen »

antimafia wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:00 pm So Vincenzo Luppino is the younger Luppino relative who was offered membership. A Gangster BB poster has just posted about the article to which I've linked below.

'Too many headaches' and not enough cash: Hamilton murder victim had turned down offer to join Mafia

http://nationalpost.com/wcm/8e69e5bd-9e ... c2c31fb788
In this article there is a link to another article
https://nationalpost.com/news/membershi ... ters-hears
Well the title speaks for itself, although the article is vague, funny how there can be two such opposite opinions
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Nicolo Rizzuto's murder by sniper shot MAY also be a murder of domestic violence.

His wife MAY have been unhappy with their marriage of 5 decades.
He MAY have decided to just start beating her, and she MAY have taken up sniper lessons.

These things may have happened but what is the likelihood considering the larger context.

All we have is probabilities here gents, lets stick with likelihoods shall we.
Cece Luppino was the son of a major mafia player (and whom it appears may himself have been considered for membership in the family) and his deliberate murder, would be one hell of a coincidence, if not mob related, now wouldn't it?
Last edited by SonnyBlackstein on Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Hellboy
Honorary Member

Post by Hellboy »

It seems the family would be less hesitant about cooperating if the father was involved
Hellboy
Honorary Member

Post by Hellboy »

More hesitant I mean, I'm an idiot
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Hellboy wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:53 pm More hesitant I mean, I'm an idiot
'co-operating' with the police is a loose term in this regard. They may well be giving their names and what they were doing at the time of the hit, but that's not co-operating as we know it.

And for my money, this 'theory' that it was the father who hit the son. ZERO chance.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

not to long ago, also in canada, a son killed his father who was a boss. that wasnt the Zito case was it?

i was following the trial bc it was pretty interesting. the dad was a mean guy...
does anyone remmemver the outcome of this trial?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Do you guys think this is connected to Ivarone? And if so, how?

I had mentioned in the Magi thread, did anyone think the timing had anything to do with the Violi arrest.

Same question here, Do you guys think he gets touched if the Violis are still on the street?

This also seems to confirm all we've read, and Violis wiretapped statements, right?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

What exactly is the relationship between the Luppino/ Violis and the Musitanos? Equals? Rivals? Is one subordinate to the other? Independents? Under a LCN flag, or no? ( Musitanos, I'm asking..)

Antimafia had posted a tweet I believe, something was said, that the Violis, ( much like the dad..) had lost standing behind letting an undercover in on their operations..... Is it possible this factored in as well?

WHO would this message be from?

I ask because Dom Violi was caught on tape saying Angelo Musitanos hit was " a message to Pat.....".

A message from the Musitanos? Speculation, but if so, are they Buffalo too then? Or are they independents?
Heathen
Straightened out

Post by Heathen »

I thought the Musitanos were with Montreal.
The Iavarone hit was apparently revenge from the Musitanos because one of his family members was involved in the hit
https://www.google.com/amp/s/torontosun ... st-yet/amp
Pure speculation but I think this hit was perhaps more revenge from the Musitanos.
Don't forget the Musitanos wanted to have this vincezo's grandfather hit back in the 90s when they hit Papalia and his number two.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I forgot about that..... You are correct, they DID have contracts on the Luppino/ Violi family then...... From themselves, or did they do it at the behest of someone else?
Heathen
Straightened out

Post by Heathen »

I believe the Musitanos themselves where looking to take out ALL competition in Hamilton. they used a non Italian hitman,, a bouncer for one of there clubs.They hit Papalia his number two. They wanted Jimmy Lupino dead, they wanted a big guy from the Satan's choice Mc dead and some others I believe.
Heathen
Straightened out

Post by Heathen »

Again speculation but Its a theory, I think maybe the Musitanos got out of jail, maybe started stepping on some toes, looking to get things going again. So the Lupino-Violi hit Angelo. So the Musitanos hit Iavarone in retaliation apparently he was a small time player. Then with some of the Violis arrested, and the Musitanos probably still backed by Montreal felt strong enough to make a move against the Luppinos