Murder at home owned by Rocco Luppino (Hamilton)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

antimafia
Full Patched

Re: Murder at home owned by Rocco Luppino (Hamilton)

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:27 pm [snip]

- Thom would not name the victim.

-[snip
My apologies. The start of the news conference is being replayed on one of the TV media outlets here. Thom did name Cece Luppino right at the very beginning -- I missed the first minute or so of the news conference. Sorry.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

antimafia wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:59 pm
John W wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:35 pm
willychichi wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:31 pm
Heathen wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:16 pm Cece Lupino was the victim
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton ... -1.4999773
"Both Rocco Luppino and his brother Natale are "made" members of this Buffalo family who operate in Hamilton, police say."
Oh no you didn’t

Also -

The RCMP also says the Luppino-Violi crime family is a faction of the Todaro crime family in Buffalo that is run by Joe Todaro Jr.

Let the arguing begin
If the two of you want to fuck up a thread, fuck up the one that will allow the two of you to discuss what you and others are allegedly interested in "arguing" (read: flaming, insulting, deriding, etc.).

This thread I started is about the recent murder of the son of a known mobster, not whether the Buffalo Family is defunct.
How did you get that from my post tough guy?
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
What context did you provide when you excerpted the following, which is all you excerpted?

Both Rocco Luppino and his brother Natale are "made" members of this Buffalo family who operate in Hamilton, police say.

So the son of a made guy is de facto made? is a fair target for murder regardless of the reason?

Ask John W. why he wrote "Oh no you didn’t" in reply to your short post.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

antimafia wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:19 pm
B. wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:49 pm Regardless of his blank criminal record, Luppino's murder is an indication that he was involved with the organization, which wouldn't be surprising given that his grandfather, father, two uncles (including Paolo Violi), and two first cousins are all made members. Seems that the males in this blood family inevitably become involved.

Hopefully more will come out about Cece Luppino. Would be interesting if he had been inducted into the family along with his two cousins in recent years.
You may be right. You may be wrong.

A few hours ago, there was a rumour started that Rocco Luppino killed his son Vince. We'll see whether the rumour floats.

There was a targeted home invasion in April of last year that also took place on Hamilton Mountain; at the time, a 45-year-old man was stabbed. The residence in question belonged to a member of the Luppino family -- see https://www.thespec.com/news-story/8560 ... -mountain/ (you may hit a paywall). I'm interested in knowing whether there is a connection between this earlier incident and the recent murder.
I may have jumped to conclusions. If it's a domestic issue, a mafioso father killing his son is interesting in its own right.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

B. wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:46 pm
antimafia wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:19 pm
B. wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:49 pm Regardless of his blank criminal record, Luppino's murder is an indication that he was involved with the organization, which wouldn't be surprising given that his grandfather, father, two uncles (including Paolo Violi), and two first cousins are all made members. Seems that the males in this blood family inevitably become involved.

Hopefully more will come out about Cece Luppino. Would be interesting if he had been inducted into the family along with his two cousins in recent years.
You may be right. You may be wrong.

A few hours ago, there was a rumour started that Rocco Luppino killed his son Vince. We'll see whether the rumour floats.

There was a targeted home invasion in April of last year that also took place on Hamilton Mountain; at the time, a 45-year-old man was stabbed. The residence in question belonged to a member of the Luppino family -- see https://www.thespec.com/news-story/8560 ... -mountain/ (you may hit a paywall). I'm interested in knowing whether there is a connection between this earlier incident and the recent murder.
I may have jumped to conclusions.
You, I, and the other 948 members on this board. :D

Seriously, though, I think I learned my lesson when I posted on the Real Deal back on January 29, 2016 that Rocco Zito had been murdered that evening, despite the fact his name hadn't yet been released by any source, including the police and the media. My very educated guess was right -- the published street name gave me a strong hunch about the victim -- but I made a mistake when I posted in the Real Deal thread about the internal 'ndrangheta friction in the Greater Toronto Area. I attended fair chunks of Domenico Scopelliti's trial and I couldn't believe the Crown (prosecution) tried to paint him as Zito's right-hand man, a tack that was probably taken by the Crown because Scopelliti was Zito's son-in-law. Scopelliti, although having dabbled in crime, was quite hapless. Zito's murder had nothing to do with the Siderno Group's internal mess and everything to do with the relationship he and Scopelliti had, one that was marked by a history of resentment, belittlement, acrimony, rancor, umbrage, etc.

I won't at all dismiss the possibility that Vincenzo "Cece" Luppino was killed because of a reason having to do with his male relatives' past and current involvement in the Buffalo Family in their capacity as made members and associates. We may not know the name(s) of the murder suspect(s) for, let's say, another year, not to mention the motive, but I don't want posters to use this thread to "prove" the murder shows or does not show the viability of the Buffalo Family -- there's already a dedicated thread for that.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

What is the basis for this rumor of a father killing his son?

Who knows this could be related to Montreal.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Lupara wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:32 pm What is the basis for this rumor of a father killing his son?

If I have read a rumour online, such as on social media, I will mention where I have read it -- and I may or may not post a link. As far as I know, the rumour about Rocco killing his son was not online.

My guess is that the basis for the rumour is the site of the murder: a home. A home co-owned by Rocco Luppino.

But of course there have been all these other murders in Ontario, as well as arson and the firing of shots, that have not been the result of domestic conflict (Rocco Zito's murder is the exception).
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

I am blown away with the amount of vendettas going on in Canada. Fascinating. Appreciate the education fellas.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Mob scion, 44, slain in 'targeted' Hamilton shooting

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... -hamilton/
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

From the Humphreys article

Violi himself said he was inducted into the Buffalo Family as a “made” member in January 2015, according to the documents, and around the same time, Rocco Luppino, Giacomo Luppino’s son, was allegedly named “captain” of the group’s outpost in Canada; a younger Luppino relative was asked if he wished to also be “made.”

Could be this Cece.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:22 pm

From the Humphreys article

Violi himself said he was inducted into the Buffalo Family as a “made” member in January 2015, according to the documents, and around the same time, Rocco Luppino, Giacomo Luppino’s son, was allegedly named “captain” of the group’s outpost in Canada; a younger Luppino relative was asked if he wished to also be “made.”

Could be this Cece.
Good eye, Johnny. If that wasn't in reference to the other Violi brother, this Luppino would seem to be a candidate regardless of the outcome of this murder investigation. The fact that a name wasn't specified might lend itself to the idea that it was a previously unidentified person, i.e. without criminal notoriety, given that the Violi brother has been mentioned by name quite a bit.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Here is a photo of Cece Luppino, front left. You can see Domenico and Giuseppe Violi in the back right.

antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

So Vincenzo Luppino is the younger Luppino relative who was offered membership. A Gangster BB poster has just posted about the article to which I've linked below.

'Too many headaches' and not enough cash: Hamilton murder victim had turned down offer to join Mafia

http://nationalpost.com/wcm/8e69e5bd-9e ... c2c31fb788
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

antimafia wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:00 pm So Vincenzo Luppino is the younger Luppino relative who was offered membership. A Gangster BB poster has just posted about the article to which I've linked below.

'Too many headaches' and not enough cash: Hamilton murder victim had turned down offer to join Mafia

http://nationalpost.com/wcm/8e69e5bd-9e ... c2c31fb788
I guess Humphries is saying he weighed the options and decided not enough money in it to be made...
Giuseppe Violi told the informant that Cece Luppino was asked if he wanted to become a “made member” of the organization in 2015, according to the transcripts. Luppino told his father that if he could make money then he would be involved, but if there no money in it, then he would pass.

There are too many headaches,” he was quoted as saying.

Luppino continued to say that he had watched his father struggle for 30 years, and he doesn’t want to face a similar struggle.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:50 pm
Lupara wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:32 pm What is the basis for this rumor of a father killing his son?

If I have read a rumour online, such as on social media, I will mention where I have read it -- and I may or may not post a link. As far as I know, the rumour about Rocco killing his son was not online.

My guess is that the basis for the rumour is the site of the murder: a home. A home co-owned by Rocco Luppino.

But of course there have been all these other murders in Ontario, as well as arson and the firing of shots, that have not been the result of domestic conflict (Rocco Zito's murder is the exception).
Nicole O'Reilly has another article out -- I think it's yet another update -- that states the house next to the crime scene is also owned by Rocco and Helen Luppino. Link:

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9153 ... brow-home/