Netflix series Bad Blood

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Netflix series Bad Blood

Post by CabriniGreen »

It's not completely terrible.... it gives you the same feeling watching Godfather 3 gives off...

That it should just be SO much better than it is...

The frustrating thing is how the fictionalized parts are RIDICULOUS ( I'm including the name Declan here....)
in comparison with WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED...
Sittite
Honorary Member

Post by Sittite »

That series blew donkey balls...... the actual story is so get that not a thing should have been fictionilezed ......From how his old man took control to the sniper shot that took him out....all those hits....shit-Magi just got his ticket punched the other day....the guy Bravo gettin it in scilily .....Story is so good they’d think it was fiction.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Netflix series Bad Blood

Post by Lupara »

Sittite wrote:That series blew donkey balls...... the actual story is so get that not a thing should have been fictionilezed ......From how his old man took control to the sniper shot that took him out....all those hits....shit-Magi just got his ticket punched the other day....the guy Bravo gettin it in scilily .....Story is so good they’d think it was fiction.
Exactly. They raped the original story.

I agree that if one knows nothing about the Montreal mob wars it wouldn't be half as bad (but still not good).
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

I've just started watching it and am only a couple episodes in. I agree it wouldn't be half bad, though not nearly as good as Gomorrah or Suburra, if it wasn't based on more interesting real life facts. As I said before, Kim Coates is a great actor, but it's like they built the show around his miscast character rather than just sticking with what actually happened.
All roads lead to New York.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Netflix series Bad Blood

Post by Lupara »

Wiseguy wrote:I've just started watching it and am only a couple episodes in. I agree it wouldn't be half bad, though not nearly as good as Gomorrah or Suburra, if it wasn't based on more interesting real life facts. As I said before, Kim Coates is a great actor, but it's like they built the show around his miscast character rather than just sticking with what actually happened.
I think it is simply due to budget limitations and avoiding possible law suits if they used too many characters. The fact that the whole Rizzuto organization in the show consists of a handful of guys is a good indication of it, not to mention using many B actors.

There were so many significant players involved in this Machiavellian scheme that it would be a mob show comparable in scale to Game of Thrones while it doesn't have the same potential audience. So it's probably too much to ask for.

But for the average Joe "knows nothing about the Mafia" Doe this will probably be an enjoyable serie. If this wasn't the case it wouldn't be on Netflix.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

i see what u guys are saying about low budget being a issue... but theres top actors here as far as television goes....

but to just absolutly murder what happened and make it NOTHING like what really did happen.... is just odd.

like i said... the 3 capo murder scene in episode 2 is rediculous.... one guy kills all three while yelling "u screwed my father!!"
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.