Jerseys "Pamisi" Crime Family

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

I 25 I
On Record

Jerseys "Pamisi" Crime Family

Post by I 25 I »

Hello evryone, I saw an very old interview where they were talking to a Jersey prosecuter who "brought down the vicious Pamisi Crime Family" with the help of an informant, who killed for them. Must have been the 70s from what im guessing. I couldnt find anything about them on the net the only thing that popped up was this article: https://www.nytimes.com/1973/11/30/arch ... -in-5.html

I dont even know if i spelled the name Pamisi correctly since I only heard it. My question is, does anyone have some information about them? Did they act independent, who was their leader, pictures etc...
I dont even know if their turf was Jersey but im guessing since the prosecuter is from there.
Also if someone has a login to the nytimes I would very much apreciate if the original article could be posted here.
It was really the last time they trusted us street guys that kind of money
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Jerseys "Pamisi" Crime Family

Post by Pogo The Clown »

You must be refering to the Campisi family. They were a semi-independent crew/gang in Jersey mostly centered on the Campisis blood family. Later on several of the Campisi's went to become made members in the Gambino and Colombo families.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
I 25 I
On Record

Post by I 25 I »

Ah thanks! I'll see what googlehas to offer
It was really the last time they trusted us street guys that kind of money
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Re: RE: Jerseys "Pamisi" Crime Family

Post by phatmatress777 »

I 25 I wrote:Hello evryone, I saw an very old interview where they were talking to a Jersey prosecuter who "brought down the vicious Pamisi Crime Family" with the help of an informant, who killed for them. Must have been the 70s from what im guessing. I couldnt find anything about them on the net the only thing that popped up was this article: https://www.nytimes.com/1973/11/30/arch ... -in-5.html

I dont even know if i spelled the name Pamisi correctly since I only heard it. My question is, does anyone have some information about them? Did they act independent, who was their leader, pictures etc...
I dont even know if their turf was Jersey but im guessing since the prosecuter is from there.
Also if someone has a login to the nytimes I would very much apreciate if the original article could be posted here.
U ever hear of Mikey? Suffered a stapler attack back in 99...

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: RE: Jerseys

Post by DPG »

phatmatress777 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:08 am
I 25 I wrote:Hello evryone, I saw an very old interview where they were talking to a Jersey prosecuter who "brought down the vicious Pamisi Crime Family" with the help of an informant, who killed for them. Must have been the 70s from what im guessing. I couldnt find anything about them on the net the only thing that popped up was this article: https://www.nytimes.com/1973/11/30/arch ... -in-5.html

U ever hear of Mikey? Suffered a stapler attack back in 99...

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk
Hey Mikey how's the boy?

What boy Ton?

The one your sleeping with.

Lol I always loved that scene
I get it....first rule of fight club.
Nicholas
Straightened out

Post by Nicholas »

baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

Nice find. Ray Cagno mentioned in it. Is Dominick Luciano the Lolly Luciano that was also murdered?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

baldo wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:02 am Nice find. Ray Cagno mentioned in it. Is Dominick Luciano the Lolly Luciano that was also murdered?
Same guy as Philly member Dominick "Louie" Luciano.

Two older Campisis, Thomas and Charles, were identified by the FBI as members of the Genovese family, though I don't know how many sources corroborated it. Their father Pietro has also been identified as an early NJ mafia member and one researcher found information that Pietro Campisi sponsored Genovese NJ member Carmine Battaglia into the mafia and that Battaglia in turn sponsored Thomas and Charles Campisi, which indicates that Pietro was also a Genovese member. He was a potential Newark member before that, there there are little to no known threads connecting the Newark family to the Genovese NJ crews.

Battaglia is sometimes misidentified as a Philadelphia captain in Newark as he had connections to them and represented Tony Caponigro in a sit-down with Genovese members, among other things. Ray DeCarlo refers to his own induction taking place at Battaglia's house, which adds to Battaglia being a Genovese member. I am not too knowledgeable on the Genovese so not sure if Battaglia was ever a captain in that family or what. Seems possible the Campisis were under him if that's the case or if Battaglia was under another captain I assume the Campisis were in the same crew. Beyond that, info I've read puts Battaglia more on the fringe of the other Genovese NJ groups and he was not well-liked by DeCarlo, which could have added to the Campisi's independence. Would be cool to find out exactly why/how they were able to become a so-called "independent" group -- there were many dangerous people and murderers in NJ, so violent reputation alone can't be the reason and in NJ of all places they must have still been affiliated with a mafia group.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Petey Black Campisi became a Colombo later on.
Charlie
Straightened out

Post by Charlie »

In case you were wondering about the smart ways to invest 2 grand, order the book To Drop a Dime on Amazon...goes into detail about the Campisis.
BobbyPazzo
Straightened out

Post by BobbyPazzo »

Charlie wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:48 am In case you were wondering about the smart ways to invest 2 grand, order the book To Drop a Dime on Amazon...goes into detail about the Campisis.
Always heard about how amazing this book is and being from north jersey I was trying to get it... 2 g’s ? No thanks. I’m good with the stories from the old timers playing keno in the back of the club.
Most of you wouldn't be comfortable in my playground.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

BobbyPazzo wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:51 am
Charlie wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:48 am In case you were wondering about the smart ways to invest 2 grand, order the book To Drop a Dime on Amazon...goes into detail about the Campisis.
Always heard about how amazing this book is and being from north jersey I was trying to get it... 2 g’s ? No thanks. I’m good with the stories from the old timers playing keno in the back of the club.
LOL Gotta love the old timers stories in Jersey, they’re a dying breed man!!!
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Jesus I looked up the book, to get the sky high prices? I found one for $905, is this just because of it being 30 years old?
I get it....first rule of fight club.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Great book.
Super
Straightened out

Post by Super »

There a little bit about them in bob buccinos book.