General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

newera_212
Full Patched

Re: Wiseguys with rape charges on their rapsheet

Post by newera_212 »

it definitely is deplorable and pokes at the myth that the old timers moved with "honor" and that they were more than the knuckle dragging thugs they were.

but at the same time, i can see a rape charge or criminal sex acts being a little different back then compared to what would be considered a rape charge today
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Andyboy wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:14 pm Can a captain give a contract?
The short answer is no, they can't.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Didn't know where else to post this. Didn't think a new thread was necessary. Heard a rumour that Philly held a making ceremony in 2018 at Geno's Steakhouse but can't find any sources anywhere to back it up. Am I overlooking something or is this just gossip? I'm very skeptical of the claim.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I don't know about a ceremony but it occurring at Geno's sounds fishy. For one it is not an actual restuarant but a stand. So what did they do hold the ceremony on the sidewalk or take over the establishment to hold it? Moreover the place is a huge tourist destination and is always busy.

https://www.google.com/search?q=geno%27 ... FnmJKNkRPM

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Thanks, I didn't think it sounded right and I couldn't find anything to support it
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:32 am I don't know about a ceremony but it occurring at Geno's sounds fishy. For one it is not an actual restuarant but a stand. So what did they do hold the ceremony on the sidewalk or take over the establishment to hold it? Moreover the place is a huge tourist destination and is always busy.

https://www.google.com/search?q=geno%27 ... FnmJKNkRPM

Pogo
LOL. "Wit, or Witout onions" was the question Joey Merlino asked the associate right after he asked if the associate knew why he was there. :lol:
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:35 pm
eboli wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:14 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:29 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSUFaSVPCRQ

The Sopranos cast 20th anniversay interview on the TODAY show. 45mins.
Seeing Tony Sirico confused and forgetful is really sad. It looks like he aged 20 years in the last couple of years.
Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:29 am Yeah he looks like shit. Dominic Chianese (Uncle Junior) is 11 years older and looks much better.

Pogo
They've all aged except for Robert Iler (AJ). The guy looks exactly like he did when the show ended in 2007.

I'm not sure Sirico even knew where he was. Really sad.
Chianese was good in Out for Justice.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Can anyone explain to me what the beef between teddy persico jr and craig marino was? And also, was the plan to murder marino sanctioned by the colombo bosses? (probably tommy shots, carmine p, allie, etc)
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainme ... story.html

Gandolfini’s son to play Tony Soprano in The Saints of Newark
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

I heard that phill narducci was just arrested. Dont take my word for it, jeff canarsie is the source.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

slimshady_007 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:09 am I heard that phill narducci was just arrested. Dont take my word for it, jeff canarsie is the source.
Steve Keeley on twitter saying the same thing now. Narducci arrested for "making and collecting extortionate loans"
Heathen
Straightened out

The Commission

Post by Heathen »

This has probably been discussed but I couldn't find anything about it. Joseph Todaro jr went to the commission to get permission to put a Canadian in as underboss of his family. Is the commission still active, is it not, has it always been active ?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nationalpo ... -mafia/amp
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: The Commission

Post by chin_gigante »

Oh boy, this was a big argument. Search this monster thread for the Commission stuff:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4122
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

if for commission we mean the 5 new york families only, yes, it's active
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Massino claimed that the official Commission no longer existed after the Commission Case in the mid-1980s. However, many sources, including mobsters, have used the term informally since then to refer to the leaders of the NYC families, especially when they meet to discuss policy, etc. We have heard of new policies and city-wide mafia rulings through the 1990s, which would have to have been discussed among the leadership of the different groups. Examples would be the ban on murders in the 1990s and the "plus two" induction rule where each family could add two members per year without replacing a deceased member.

In the case you're referring to, it seems that it simply means leaders of NYC families were made aware of the promotion and gave their approval.