Second suspect busted in execution of longtime Bonanno family associate "Sally Daz"

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

newera_212
Full Patched

Re: Second suspect busted in execution of longtime Bonanno family associate "Sally Daz"

Post by newera_212 »

Cheech wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:21 pm
newera_212 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:57 am
Stroccos wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:23 am
scagghiuni wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:10 pm the fact that italians sourced the contract to the albanians and they went to the bloods it is not an idiocy, it could be true
also probably the murder of zito is related to the zottola one, they tried to hire outsiders to kill zottola and they failed because they were nabbed, but used some internal people to whack zito
this reminds me of that pizzeria owner that was killed a few years back every one claimed to have heard it was a mob hit in reality just some robbery , hopefully the bloods go to trial but i have a feeling the feds already know who was behind it they just have to prove it
was this the one in Ozone Park? the guy was killed in his front yard by a few black guys after being robbed? if so, the robbery was set up and ordered by a low low level associate of Alphonse Trucchio's crew
Newera when did this info come out?
that must have been 5 or 6 years ago, maybe even longer. different robbery than the L&B robbery (which I still dont believe was a random robbery) that the poster above you referenced
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Second suspect busted in execution of longtime Bonanno family associate "Sally Daz"

Post by joeycigars »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:20 pm
Cheech wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:21 pm
newera_212 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:57 am
Stroccos wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:23 am
scagghiuni wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:10 pm the fact that italians sourced the contract to the albanians and they went to the bloods it is not an idiocy, it could be true
also probably the murder of zito is related to the zottola one, they tried to hire outsiders to kill zottola and they failed because they were nabbed, but used some internal people to whack zito
this reminds me of that pizzeria owner that was killed a few years back every one claimed to have heard it was a mob hit in reality just some robbery , hopefully the bloods go to trial but i have a feeling the feds already know who was behind it they just have to prove it
was this the one in Ozone Park? the guy was killed in his front yard by a few black guys after being robbed? if so, the robbery was set up and ordered by a low low level associate of Alphonse Trucchio's crew
Newera when did this info come out?
that must have been 5 or 6 years ago, maybe even longer. different robbery than the L&B robbery (which I still dont believe was a random robbery) that the poster above you referenced
It was June 30th 2016 Barbati was killed
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

The “Albanian mafia” are not really a mafia
They are every bit as violent but far less organised
The Economist
January 5, 2019

JOHN MACRIS was leaving his house in the seaside Athenian suburb of Voula on October 31st last year when a man ran towards his car firing a handgun. Mr Macris, a Greek-Australian gangster, threw himself out of the car in a desperate attempt to flee his attacker, but the gunman pursued him and shot him dead.

Some weeks earlier in New York, Sylvester Zottola, an alleged member of the Bonanno crime family, was in his car at a McDonalds drive-through when he too was shot and killed. And when Raúl Tamudo, a retired international football player, returned to his home in Barcelona on August 12th, he found someone had broken in and stolen his watch collection, worth more than €100,000 ($115,500).

Police said they suspected the burglar was a member of “the Albanian mafia”. Greek and American counterparts also blamed Albanians for perpetrating and ordering respectively the killings of Mr Macris and Mr Zottola.

The three crimes were among many that point to the growing prominence in the international underworld of ethnic Albanian gangsters. Asked to rank organised-crime groups by the danger they pose in Europe, a senior official at the EU’s law enforcement agency, Europol, put Albanian mobsters ahead even of their Russian counterparts. British police have said their activities are primarily responsible for a recent upsurge in human trafficking. Groups of Albanians and Kosovars in Britain are also claimed to have murdered and tortured their way to control of much of the cocaine trade there.

But, says Jana Arsovska, who teaches at the City University of New York and has followed the doings of Albanian criminals for more than 15 years, the “Albanian mafia” is a myth. The showy wealth and extreme violence of criminals hailing from Albania and Kosovo does not mean they belong to a structured organisation with common rituals like Sicily’s Cosa Nostra or the yakuza syndicates in Japan. “We see many organisations that work independently of each other,” says Ms Arsovska. “They speak Albanian, but that does not mean they are connected to organisations back in Albania, and they are never exclusively ethnically Albanian.”

Several reasons help to explain why organised crime was able to put down strong roots in Albania after the fall of communism: the disbanding in 1991 of the country’s security service, the Sigurimi, which left around 10,000 agents with skills well-suited to organised crime jobless; the collapse six years after that of various Albanian pyramid schemes that robbed many people of their savings and prompted the looting of more than 550,000 small arms from military armouries, and the emergence in Albania and Kosovo during the Balkan wars of strong links between criminals, politicians and guerrilla fighters (with some players filling all three roles). By the late 1990s northern Albania especially, where clan loyalties had always been important, had become a violent, lawless place, riven by murderous feuds.

Yet, while individual mobsters have emigrated, there is little evidence that gangs formed in the Balkans have expanded internationally like Cosa Nostra or another Italian mafia, the ’Ndrangheta. Many ethnic Albanian offenders in Europe turned to crime after emigrating. Brutal, ruthless and showy, they are nonetheless much less sophisticated than true mafiosi. There are few signs of their forming alliances with local politicians to safeguard their activities or laundering their profits other than into Balkan real estate. And the very recklessness that makes them so frightening also makes them vulnerable to straightforward policing.

Ms Arsovska cites the example from New York of the Rudaj organisation. By the 1990s it was so powerful that some called it the city’s “sixth crime family”. The others, of Italian origin, remain in business. The Rudaj crew are all in jail.

https://amp.economist.com/europe/2019/0 ... ly-a-mafia
All roads lead to New York.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Pretty much what you and I have always said about the Albanians
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

I guess Sally Daz was kicking up to the Genovese in the 90's and possibly into 2006
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

There is no “Albanian Mafia” here in NY/NJ u have groups of 5-10 Albanian thugs who will terrorize a neighborhood.

They’re ruthless people and add in the Muslim factor. Some of their women are really really smoking hot but they will always “still be married” to some older thug they haven’t seen in ten years and be fucking a bunch of other dudes. I tend to try and stay away from these people. A lot of them also own pizzerias and try to pass themselves off as Italians.....
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

NJShore4Life wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:00 am There is no “Albanian Mafia” here in NY/NJ u have groups of 5-10 Albanian thugs who will terrorize a neighborhood.

They’re ruthless people and add in the Muslim factor. Some of their women are really really smoking hot but they will always “still be married” to some older thug they haven’t seen in ten years and be fucking a bunch of other dudes. I tend to try and stay away from these people. A lot of them also own pizzerias and try to pass themselves off as Italians.....
These balkan, Greek, and other Mediterranean types seem to open alot of pizzerias and try to pass as Italians.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

NJShore4Life wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:00 am There is no “Albanian Mafia” here in NY/NJ u have groups of 5-10 Albanian thugs who will terrorize a neighborhood.

Generally albanians don't like working with each other. It's mostly a cultural thing and not as much of a religious one. They have the "clan mentality" and prefer working with people they have family ties with.
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

NJSHORE4LIFE it is the same here in Ct where i am ive posted in other threads i know and have done business with quite a few Albanians and your spot on. The pizzeria thing though is crazy i know of a few places that are albanian run and if you werent Italian you wouldnt know the difference everything is in red white and green and they even have pictures of the map of Italy on the place mats and menus and pizza boxes i guess its just marketing probably less people would order if there was a picture of the Balkans and an Albanian flag instead lol but as ive said in other posts the albanians i know are 100 pct about there business whether its legal or illegal they work hard but definetely wont hesitate to use violence i posted before of an albanian i knew that used to do home invasions and robberies with the crew Angelo Prisco had he got caught up my way for sexual assault hes a piece of shit they treat there women horribly for the most part and some of there women are really good looking but they usually stick to there own kind which isnt a bad idea i guess
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

McDonald’s mob hit aided by tracking device under car

The men accused of fatally shooting a reputed mobster in the drive-thru of a Bronx McDonald’s tracked him down with the help of the GPS device they hid under his car, according to prosecutors Friday. Assistant US Attorney Lindsay Gerdes said the feds found the device under the vehicle of purported Bonanno crime family associate Sylvester “Sally Daz” Zottola, who was killed Oct. 4 as he sat in his car waiting for his cup of coffee.

Read more: https://nypost.com/2019/01/18/mcdonalds ... -car-feds/
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Suspected Brooklyn gang members facing possible death sentence for murder of Bronx mobster

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/br ... story.html
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:48 pm Yeah the whole growing in power again, Sicilian heavy and super secrative (apparently not so much since he is hearing so many details about this hit), secret meetings (that he again is hearing about), going back to the "old days", farming out hits to other groups for large sums of money, etc. His whole post reads like some GBB-Wiki wet dream.

Pogo
lol, and dude is from Europe..... cant read Dailey News online but has NY sources that tell him how the hit went down.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Stroccos wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:02 am I guess Sally Daz was kicking up to the Genovese in the 90's and possibly into 2006
Why do you say that? Thought he was with Vinny Basciano. Wonder who he was under after Vinny was arrested
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:41 pm
Stroccos wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:02 am I guess Sally Daz was kicking up to the Genovese in the 90's and possibly into 2006
Why do you say that? Thought he was with Vinny Basciano. Wonder who he was under after Vinny was arrested
Sally Daz was kicking a percentage of a video poker operation that he took over from Angelo PRisco Genovese capo To Prisco, He could of been still been under the bonnanos during this arrangement, I was merely pointing it out
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

Moscone65 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:14 amThese balkan, Greek, and other Mediterranean types seem to open alot of pizzerias and try to pass as Italians.
We came up to Carteret NJ last year to help cut power back on after one of those blizzards and it was like that but with Arabs. I walked into this place that looked like a legit Italiano joint and when I do I see Arabs behind the counter trying to sell me day old pizza. I turned around and walked out. Come to find out they owned every store in that strip mall (including a "chicken shack") and even the McDonalds. I was so glad we got out of there!!
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....