Tony Pal dies

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

DoubleZ
Straightened out

Re: Tony Pal dies

Post by DoubleZ »

I echo what Tocco686 said. I’ll add that the Mucci’s supply ingredients to the Rugerio’s successful chain of restaurants (Antonio’s). Obviously this relationship is good for money laundering, being able to inflate shipping and receiving numbers. With a history of fraud, using shell companies, and their business relationships, the Mucci’s demonstrate typical Detroit associate behavior.

In terms of total number of associates, I hesitate to give a number due to the nature of membership discussions on Detroit that we’ve discussed ad naseum over the years on these boards. With that being said, with Metro Detroit’s large Arab and Chaldean community, there are a large number of associates with that ethnic background. Metro Detroit still has a large population of Italian-Americans (~200-250k), especially on the Eastside of town in Macomb County and eastern Oakland County where the majority of illegal activity takes place with these guys.

To make one point clear that is often left unsaid on these boards, the Detroit mob is primarily a suburban mafia family. While there is activity in Detroit proper, I’d argue that the Partnership is THE most suburban focused mafia family in America, and has been since the late 1970’s at the latest. This is advantageous for one obvious reason. Instead of a single police force concentrating on efforts to crackdown on OC (think NYPD), you now have fractured efforts by multiple, often small and ill equipped, suburban police forces. Of course there is still the Michigan State Police and Feds, but that’s another story.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

DoubleZ wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:06 pm I echo what Tocco686 said. I’ll add that the Mucci’s supply ingredients to the Rugerio’s successful chain of restaurants (Antonio’s). Obviously this relationship is good for money laundering, being able to inflate shipping and receiving numbers. With a history of fraud, using shell companies, and their business relationships, the Mucci’s demonstrate typical Detroit associate behavior.

In terms of total number of associates, I hesitate to give a number due to the nature of membership discussions on Detroit that we’ve discussed ad naseum over the years on these boards. With that being said, with Metro Detroit’s large Arab and Chaldean community, there are a large number of associates with that ethnic background. Metro Detroit still has a large population of Italian-Americans (~200-250k), especially on the Eastside of town in Macomb County and eastern Oakland County where the majority of illegal activity takes place with these guys.

To make one point clear that is often left unsaid on these boards, the Detroit mob is primarily a suburban mafia family. While there is activity in Detroit proper, I’d argue that the Partnership is THE most suburban focused mafia family in America, and has been since the late 1970’s at the latest. This is advantageous for one obvious reason. Instead of a single police force concentrating on efforts to crackdown on OC (think NYPD), you now have fractured efforts by multiple, often small and ill equipped, suburban police forces. Of course there is still the Michigan State Police and Feds, but that’s another story.
I understand, these boards are ridiculous to try to discuss Detroit on. You can PM me the figure, I am curious
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
thesociety 89
Straightened out

Post by thesociety 89 »

You must live in Detroit doublz....any idea how big the crews are? Whos is the biggest?
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

DoubleZ, it would be interesting to hear any information you have. Thanks.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

baldo wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:01 am DoubleZ, it would be interesting to hear any information you have. Thanks.
+1.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
DoubleZ
Straightened out

Post by DoubleZ »

I do not know the breakdown of each crew size, or the size of the entire organization. However, based on the 3-4 crews (depends on who you ask) I would assume the most active crews would be the crews primarily conducting business in Macomb County.

The two crews who are focused in Macomb are Joe D’Anna’s crew and Dave Aceto’s crew.

D’Anna crew is primarily focused in the more affluent suburbs of north Macomb county which also has the largest Italian and Chaldean communities.

Aceto is based in southern Macomb, which has more of the blue collar and older crowd. Southern Macomb also borders Detroit.

These crew “boundary lines” are all arbitrary and the real territory coverage is fluid. Where there is a hustle in the region, these guys will jump on it.
thesociety 89
Straightened out

Post by thesociety 89 »

The d'annas must be the muscle in the family? Someone who used to be linked to the family told me, even when Jackie and Lapiana kick the bucket, they'll still have members to step into the breach.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

DoubleZ wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:37 am I do not know the breakdown of each crew size, or the size of the entire organization. However, based on the 3-4 crews (depends on who you ask) I would assume the most active crews would be the crews primarily conducting business in Macomb County.

The two crews who are focused in Macomb are Joe D’Anna’s crew and Dave Aceto’s crew.

D’Anna crew is primarily focused in the more affluent suburbs of north Macomb county which also has the largest Italian and Chaldean communities.

Aceto is based in southern Macomb, which has more of the blue collar and older crowd. Southern Macomb also borders Detroit.

These crew “boundary lines” are all arbitrary and the real territory coverage is fluid. Where there is a hustle in the region, these guys will jump on it.
i live on the border of the tri counties (Macomb, Oakland and Wayne) and in South Warren.

also woth detroit being in love w mafia culture where they are actuslly wrote about in songs a lot of these small drug crews are under asscoaites rather then made members of the lcn here
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
DoubleZ
Straightened out

Post by DoubleZ »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:25 pm
DoubleZ wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:37 am I do not know the breakdown of each crew size, or the size of the entire organization. However, based on the 3-4 crews (depends on who you ask) I would assume the most active crews would be the crews primarily conducting business in Macomb County.

i live on the border of the tri counties (Macomb, Oakland and Wayne) and in South Warren.

also woth detroit being in love w mafia culture where they are actuslly wrote about in songs a lot of these small drug crews are under asscoaites rather then made members of the lcn here
Have any example songs?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

DoubleZ wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:50 pm

Have any example songs?

RICO by Icewear Vezzo
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

as well as DameDot did a mixtape called "Courtesy of the Mafia"
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:56 pm

Have any example songs?

RICO by Icewear Vezzo
Detroit rap is awesome. they definitely have their own unique sound out of there. and im not talking about Eminem or Royce or whoever people think about when they hear Detroit. im talking about the real "motivating" get-money hustle based music. Icewear Vezzo. DBCO, and my favorite, Payroll Giovanni

im sure you know the niche sound im talking about. if you're a fan of it, do yourself a favor and check out Payroll Giovanni's "big bossin" series.. :shock:

also, Detroit-style pizza has made its way to NYC and its fuckin amazing. ridiculous. I always was a typical NY traditionalist pizza snob, but a Detroit transplant opened up a yuppie'ish spot in Williamsburg, and hands down it shits on any pizza ive ever had. She's been successful enough to expand into the West Village and a few other locales, so now ive seen a lot of imposters pop up and even some local NY spots offer "Detroit style" pizza. I had no idea Detroit Style was even a thing. I can only imagine how good it is out in Detroit
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:32 pm

Have any example songs?

RICO by Icewear Vezzo
Detroit rap is awesome. they definitely have their own unique sound out of there. and im not talking about Eminem or Royce or whoever people think about when they hear Detroit. im talking about the real "motivating" get-money hustle based music. Icewear Vezzo. DBCO, and my favorite, Payroll Giovanni

im sure you know the niche sound im talking about. if you're a fan of it, do yourself a favor and check out Payroll Giovanni's "big bossin" series.. :shock:

also, Detroit-style pizza has made its way to NYC and its fuckin amazing. ridiculous. I always was a typical NY traditionalist pizza snob, but a Detroit transplant opened up a yuppie'ish spot in Williamsburg, and hands down it shits on any pizza ive ever had. She's been successful enough to expand into the West Village and a few other locales, so now ive seen a lot of imposters pop up and even some local NY spots offer "Detroit style" pizza. I had no idea Detroit Style was even a thing. I can only imagine how good it is out in Detroit
lol i run The Cut Detroit which is a Detroit Rap promotion company. so i actuslly know a lot of the members of DBCO and a lot other local groups.

btw.... thats strictly west side detroit..... now check out eastside. its much better:

TeamEastSide, hardwork jig, sada baby, babyface ray (te) , peezy (te), etc

a member of team east and a member of doughboys cashout both got killed this year
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

im gonna regrett this.... but im the one and only white guy in this local rap music video:
https://youtu.be/RZD0LM4TNeI
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:42 pm
newera_212 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:32 pm

Have any example songs?

RICO by Icewear Vezzo

lol i run The Cut Detroit which is a Detroit Rap promotion company. so i actuslly know a lot of the members of DBCO and a lot other local groups.

btw.... thats strictly west side detroit..... now check out eastside. its much better:

TeamEastSide, hardwork jig, sada baby, babyface ray (te) , peezy (te), etc

a member of team east and a member of doughboys cashout both got killed this year
good stuff. we might be lepers on here when it comes to the music, lol. i know of Sada Baby but havent heard the others. ill check them out