General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by gohnjotti »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:56 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:02 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:50 am Anyone think that kenji gallo could’ve possibly be full of shit with some of the stories he tells? I find some of his stories hard to believe, esp the story about how teddy jr wanted to whack craig marino.
He was probably full of shit in a lot of his book, but it's hard to say whether the Marino one was untrue. That's because, in the book, Gallo writes about how Persico's brothers' Carmine L. and Danny gave him two guns in poor quality and Teddy went on a huge rant to them about cleaning guns and so on and so forth. We know for a fact that the rant about those guns happened, as it was used as evidence to charge Teddy Jr. and Co. with gun possession. We also know for a fact that Gallo was the basis of the 2006 case against Teddy Jr. and Carmine L., so he was close enough with them to give the feds a chance to build an indictment.
Gallo also had extensive knowledge on Marino, i.e. his stock fraud schemes, etc. That kind of information shows, to me, that he wasn't lying about his ties with the Persicos, Garofalo, the Baudanzas, and Marino. At most, he was exaggerating them.
Kenji can be a hard one to follow. A lot of his info is correct but he can't help but interject his own interpretations or conclusions. The guns in poor condition story is a good example. Because Kenji saw one mob guy give another mob guy a crappy gun, his conclusion was that the mob in general was poorly equipped when it came to weapons. One can counter that with another anecdote, from Sammy Gravano if I remember right, who talked about Casso and his guys showing up to a meeting armed with silencer-equipped machine guns.
Agreed, Wiseguy. The funny thing is, Gallo has some parts of the book where he glorifies the mob (such as discussing the Garofalos and their apparently enormous influence on the construction industry) and then other parts where he sums up the Mafia as two-bit thugs who were, as he put it, proud of never having seen the Empire State Building since they had never left Brooklyn.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

gohnjotti wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:02 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:50 am Anyone think that kenji gallo could’ve possibly be full of shit with some of the stories he tells? I find some of his stories hard to believe, esp the story about how teddy jr wanted to whack craig marino.
He was probably full of shit in a lot of his book, but it's hard to say whether the Marino one was untrue. That's because, in the book, Gallo writes about how Persico's brothers' Carmine L. and Danny gave him two guns in poor quality and Teddy went on a huge rant to them about cleaning guns and so on and so forth. We know for a fact that the rant about those guns happened, as it was used as evidence to charge Teddy Jr. and Co. with gun possession. We also know for a fact that Gallo was the basis of the 2006 case against Teddy Jr. and Carmine L., so he was close enough with them to give the feds a chance to build an indictment.
Gallo also had extensive knowledge on Marino, i.e. his stock fraud schemes, etc. That kind of information shows, to me, that he wasn't lying about his ties with the Persicos, Garofalo, the Baudanzas, and Marino. At most, he was exaggerating them.
So i guess teddy jr had the ok to whack marino from the bosses?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

I’ve been trying to search for stuff on John Scalish, Angelo Bruno, John LaRocca, and their Families during their reign. For some reason each search has too many matches and can’t itemize it. Does anyone have any links?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

NothingNew44 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:03 pm I’ve been trying to search for stuff on John Scalish, Angelo Bruno, John LaRocca, and their Families during their reign. For some reason each search has too many matches and can’t itemize it. Does anyone have any links?
thats a very broad question.... maybe search thru the charts section.... or posting a specific question
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

When the books were closed in 58, was this just for NY families or was it for all?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

aleksandrored wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:13 pm When the books were closed in 58, was this just for NY families or was it for all?

It was just for NY and the DeCavalcantes.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

Looking for any information on John larocca
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:58 pm
aleksandrored wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:13 pm When the books were closed in 58, was this just for NY families or was it for all?

It was just for NY and the DeCavalcantes.

Pogo
Thanks bro
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

NothingNew44 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:51 pm Looking for any information on John larocca
http://www.ipsn.org/pittsburgh/t2000-08t-03-9-2001.htm
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

NothingNew44 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:51 pm Looking for any information on John larocca
1977-1978 PA Crime Comission Report on Organized Crime
in the FBI file section
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Anyone have any idea when Vito Rizzuto got made?
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few