Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

Pogo The Clown wrote:I haven't checked to see if they were all alive in 2006 to be included in that chart. I've seen Natale Luppino and Rocco Luppino listed as members way back when so they were probably made by then and included in 2006 number.

Pogo
Wait a second, the Luppinos being Buffalo members was already known to you for all these years? You should have brought it up, would've spared tons of discussions and endless speculation all the forums. [emoji2]

Last edited by Lupara on Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snakes
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Snakes »

I think we've all said our peace and at this point we are just going around in circles. Keep the tones respectful if you want to keep discussing it, though.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Lupara wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:46 pm Wait a second, the Luppinos being Buffalo members was already known to you for all these years? You should have brought it up, would've spared tons of discussions and endless speculation all the forums. [emoji2]

I didn't know. I had them on my old lists from back in the day as members but as I said earlier in this thread in the early days of the forums there was a lot of bullshit about Buffalo (due largely to that joker Jilly) which I unfortunately bought into. Back then just about every Italian mobster in Hamilton was listed as a made member and lumped in as part of the "Hamilton faction" of the Buffalo family. I didn't (still don't) follow Canada all that much so I didn't know any better. Certainly not enough to know if it was accurate or not. For some of my more recent lists I purged all of the names that I couldn't verify from more official sources.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:31 pmNot sure why you entertain them in regard to smaller families or anyone that isnt the Genovese or in NY, they have been proven wrong so many times I lost count years ago.
Care to tell us where we have been proven wrong so many times?

(We both know you can't.)

Go crawl back under your rock.
All roads lead to New York.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

It would take too much of my time, and archives on the old forum that are gone. We both know what I am talking about. lol

You are so lame, you know the old board is gone, and so are time times you looked like an idiot.

(we both know you are so embarrassed since the archives are gone)
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Guys, this has to stop. Nobody needs to get the "last word." Don't make me shutter this thread.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Snakes wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:27 pm Guys, this has to stop. Nobody needs to get the "last word." Don't make me shutter this thread.
Fair enough. If Fughedaboutit wants to give some examples, and not dodge the issue, he can post them in the Graveyard section. I won't hold my breath though.
antimafia
Full Patched

Re: The 'Ndrangheta in Ontario

Post by antimafia »

Re: my previous posts about today’s sentencing hearing for ‘ndranghetista Giuseppe Ursino and Cosmin Dracea.

“No excuses ‘besides being stupid,’ drug smuggler in landmark Mafia trial tells judge at sentencing hearing”

https://nationalpost.com/news/no-excuse ... g-hearing/
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
Lupara wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:46 pm Wait a second, the Luppinos being Buffalo members was already known to you for all these years? You should have brought it up, would've spared tons of discussions and endless speculation all the forums. [emoji2]

I didn't know. I had them on my old lists from back in the day as members but as I said earlier in this thread in the early days of the forums there was a lot of bullshit about Buffalo (due largely to that joker Jilly) which I unfortunately bought into. Back then just about every Italian mobster in Hamilton was listed as a made member and lumped in as part of the "Hamilton faction" of the Buffalo family. I didn't (still don't) follow Canada all that much so I didn't know any better. Certainly not enough to know if it was accurate or not. For some of my more recent lists I purged all of the names that I couldn't verify from more official sources.

Pogo
You had them on your lists (from FBI sources) but didn't know? How is that not knowing? [emoji39] If you remember the old discussions on the RD concerning the Nick Rizzuto hit it could've spared us all this bullshit about this 'allmighty 'Ndrangheta family' that orchestrated the hits and take-over in Montreal as part of their revenge as some believed. You almost had an obligation to bring this up just as you seem to feel the obligation to remind us of the FBI's take on Buffalo and compare them with other families. [emoji2]

Btw, concerning all the Hamilton Italian mobsters belonging to Buffalo does now seem to be indeed the case. The articles on the Musitano hit state that all the factions in Hamilton answer to Buffalo. I don't remember that guy, but he may very well have been right about this Barzini all along.

NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Lupara wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:24 am
Btw, concerning all the Hamilton Italian mobsters belonging to Buffalo does now seem to be indeed the case. The articles on the Musitano hit state that all the factions in Hamilton answer to Buffalo. I don't remember that guy, but he may very well have been right about this Barzini all along.
Here is what Edwards said that indicates all Hamilton is under Buffalo:
”Buffalo would have to give approval for high-level killings, sources said, adding that mob leaders there are believed to have turned their backs on one side in the dispute and given tacit approval to the other.

"They’re all supposed to be under Buffalo," one source said of the two feuding Ontario crime factions."
But then he had this comment in the same article that muddies the water.
"Buffalo factions of Traditional Organized Crime are not ‘in’ Canada per se, but historically have controlled aspects of Canadian ‘family business’ and do get kickbacks from profits from illicit activity," Manning said.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

NickleCity wrote:
Here is what Edwards said that indicates all Hamilton is under Buffalo:
”Buffalo would have to give approval for high-level killings, sources said, adding that mob leaders there are believed to have turned their backs on one side in the dispute and given tacit approval to the other.

"They’re all supposed to be under Buffalo," one source said of the two feuding Ontario crime factions."
But then he had this comment in the same article that muddies the water.
"Buffalo factions of Traditional Organized Crime are not ‘in’ Canada per se, but historically have controlled aspects of Canadian ‘family business’ and do get kickbacks from profits from illicit activity," Manning said.
It's possible that the Luppinos and Musitanos may have originally been 'Ndrangheta families that became part of the Magaddino family and were allowed to operate with more autonomy similar to what we've seen with Montreal.

'Supposed to be under Buffalo' is also an indication of the state of the family on the American side.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Pogo The Clown wrote:

You had them on your lists (from FBI sources) but didn't know? How is that not knowing? [emoji39] If you remember the old discussions on the RD concerning the Nick Rizzuto hit it could've spared us all this bullshit about this 'allmighty 'Ndrangheta family' that orchestrated the hits and take-over in Montreal as part of their revenge as some believed. You almost had an obligation to bring this up just as you seem to feel the obligation to remind us of the FBI's take on Buffalo and compare them with other families. [emoji2]

Ah I just explained that it was not from FBI or any other reputable sources.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

In "THE CARTELS" forum, I posted the following article link below in the "El Chapo’s Trial" thread"

El Chapo’s Sinaloa cartel made nearly $3M a day in Canada, former DEA agent claims

https://globalnews.ca/news/4829936/el-c ... nt-claims/

Link below is to article by Peter Edwards. I haven't linked to the Toronto Star, for whom he works, because it permits users to read only five articles a month if you aren't a paid subscriber.

Mexican drug-lord ‘El Chapo’ ran his crime empire using Canadian servers, prosecutors say at trial

https://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/n...a ... y-at-trial

The reason I'm posting in this thread is that I'd like to stress that there are many Canadian crime groups, both large and small, that are importing drugs into Canada, especially cocaine. With respect to cocaine imported into Canada, the drugs travel over land -- mostly in commercial vehicles -- across the US-Canada border into the seven contiguous Canadian provinces from British Columbia to New Brunswick. The coke doesn't have to necessarily travel into Canada from a well-known crossing point such as Detroit-Windsor either. There are all these small Canadian towns near the border that are initial destinations for the imported cocaine.

In those three provinces that do not border the US, the cocaine that is found there is either imported because of interprovincial drug networks that include the provinces that do border the US or, in the case of Nova Scotia, to be exported as well, as you find examples of the Hells Angels both importing and exporting coke via the Port of Halifax. In Ontario and Quebec, you respectively have the ports of Windsor and Montreal through which to import drugs; however, there is debate about whether cocaine is imported via the first (the RCMP outright denies this), and the West End Gang and Hells Angels, not just the Montreal Mafia, have been importing drugs through the second since the early 1990s. The Port of St. John's in Newfoundland is smaller than the three aforementioned ones (the Port of Vancouver is by far the largest marine gateway in Canada and sees the most illicit activity), but the Newfoundland port almost certainly does not see coke imported or even exported.

Insofar as coke from other countries (besides the US) is imported via Canadian ports, it definitely is not going south to the US and has not been for at least the past 15 to 20 years (perhaps even longer than that). So why is so much coke imported into Canada and destined for certain provinces? Because, quite frankly, Canada has a lot of coke users per capita.

The story to which I've linked below was extensively covered by American media outlets but only moderately by Canadian ones, which tended to pick up the Associated Press story that was filed. This story is about a largely Indo-Canadian crime group. The first few paragraphs of the article are noteworthy:

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/ca ... 1042776925

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - A Canadian man has admitted to being part of an international conspiracy that trafficked an estimated $120 million worth of cocaine into the Canada from the U.S., most of it through the Western District of New York.

Harinder Dhaliwal, 47, of Bramptom, Ontario, is was convicted of conspiracy to export from the U.S. five or more kilograms of cocaine. He was sentenced to 240 months in prison, it was announced today.

Between 2006 and May 2011, Dhaliwal conspired with others to smuggle cocaine into Canada from the U.S., and marijuana and ecstasy from the U.S. into Canada via several international bridges, including those in the Buffalo-Niagara region.

As part of his plea agreement, Dhaliwal admitted to being part of the international conspiracy, trafficked more than 3,000 kilograms of cocaine.

Through the course of the investigation, U.S. law enforcement officers recovered a combined 230 kg of cocaine. Of that amount, 123 kg- the largest seizure arising from a single investigation in the District's history- were obtained through two separate seizures occurring at the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge and in Geneva, N.Y.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Pogo do you not see a pattern developing? I know it must hurt but no one wants to hear from you. You've made you're point of view abundantly clear by repeating it 40 times. I implore you to find a better way to waste your time.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:04 pm Pogo do you not see a pattern developing? I know it must hurt but no one wants to hear from you. You've made you're point of view abundantly clear by repeating it 40 times. I implore you to find a better way to waste your time.
First, you certainly don't speak for everyone here. Second, I would rather read a fact repeated a hundred times than an original falsehood.