Netflix series Bad Blood

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

handy
Associate

Re: Netflix series Bad Blood

Post by handy »

Stopped after about 4eps. Wasnt great
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

It's like....a C- student all around. Acting, casting, cinemetography, writing, the sets.....

They borrowed too much from other crime shows and movies, like Goodfellas and Narcos.

There isnt any distinctive " Personality" with the show, that you get with a Gomorrah, or Breaking Bad, or Ozark, The Wire, Boardwalk, Sopranos....

Too me it's not "Montreal" enough. Not that I'm an authority on Montreal...

But I woulda loved if, instead of a corny voice over, the show starts with like.. Dejardins speaking French to one of his guys, meeting up with, maybe, an Irish guy at the docks, bringing in a load.

Then follow the load to the Hells. Then follow the Hells to the Hatians in the streets. Maybe there is a problem. They bring it to the Italians, and then they introduce Vito and go from there.....

They just kinda slapped it together..... I noticed Peter Edward's and the other guy are profucers... Money Grab?
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

Season 2 is much worse, but I'm watching it anyway for some reason.

We canadians are okay at comedies, but we can't make a decent drama for shit.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

Low budget BS... talk about absolutely no artistic vision or creativity whatsoever. Makes you really appreciate what David Chase was able to do with the Sopranos.
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

cdc wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:13 pm Thought it was awful to be honest.
Same. Terrible.
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

Just watched episode 4 last night where Vito gets out of jail. Was Bruno (the bald guy always wearing the suit) supposed to be Renda? That’s who I thought at first until (spoiler) Vito killed him.
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

I thought Bruno was a cross between Renda and Joe DiMaulo. Regardless, terrible show and I was disappointed. More extras would have been nice to make the viewer understand it was more than 5 people involved. Montagna wad a joke and the calabrians were under represented imo.
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

I only had the FlixTor link that our buddy shared with us so I only seen the first 3 episodes but I'm not rushing over to download this shit or watch it on Netflix. I "might" watch it when I'm bored and at my buddies house as here in country I don't have internet fast enough to watch it anyways :lol:
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
CatStevens9
Straightened out

Post by CatStevens9 »

Bruno187 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:01 am I was wondering if anybody had caught the series yet.
I had relatively high hopes as there is not many documentaries on Rizzuto and the Canadians.
Watched a few episodes and was very underwhelmed. I think they "try" to stick to historical events, but have taken some dramatic licenses.
Anybody else have feedback?
I saw the series over a year ago it was originally released in Canada very entertaining
maninblack
On Record

Post by maninblack »

I watched season 1 last year when it came out and Season 2 just finished up on Canada tv.. I think its decent but probably because I wasn't expecting much since it was a Canadian tv show.. No doubt Declan is partly based off Reynald Desjardins being that hes Vito's non italian right hand man and switched over to Sal Montagna's side
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

I think in general the show is good, although they use a bit of "Godfather" to dramatize things, but it's still good entertainment.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

wtf..... im TRYING to watch this series....

first ep how they depict the 3 capos murder!!! wtf!!!! one guy killed all 3 capos as vito and other stood there flabbergasted it was even happening!

and the whole.time this guy who kills the 3 is yelling "you screwed my father!!"
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
TwoPiece
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TwoPiece »

biggest disappointment in recent memories for me when it comes to movies/tv. there's a thread in another section here that was up before it came out and i think we all had similarly high hopes. oh well.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Was Cotroni and Violi under the bonanno’s while they were running Montréal ? Or did That happen when the Rizzuto family took over and made them have more power?

Also when George from Canada sgot killed i’m Surprised there was no push back from Vito and Montréal after that , wasn’t Vito almost as strong as Massino at that time period .
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

I’ve only seen season one on Netflix, but you guys are too harsh on this show. It’s interesting enough. Besides, other than The Sopranos, what good mob shows are there?

@JermeytheJew I agree completely about the 3 capos murders. That whole scene was just nutty. Fortunately, that’s as bad as season one gets.
The way you talk, you just confuse him.