Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by CabriniGreen »

you are correct, 50s I meant...
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

also, I was meaning to ask, Catalano, it wasnt San Guiseppe Jato? What family did you say again? Is it the same Madamento?
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:50 am also, I was meaning to ask, Catalano, it wasnt San Guiseppe Jato? What family did you say again? Is it the same Madamento?
if you mean sal catalano was ciminna (caccamo mandamento)
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

And that's confirmed? For sure?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

From Gangsters Inc.....

Caccamo mandamento

The Caccamo mandamento, located in the north-eastern part of Palermo province, is formed by the Caccamo, Trabia, Termini Imerese, Cerda, Vicari, Lercara Friddi and Castronuovo di Sicilia families, as turncoat Giuffrè testified.

This was circa 2011, was there a reorganization done?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

From Gangsters Inc...

Belmonte Mezzagno Mandamento

The Belmonte Mezzagno mandamento, located in the center of the Palermo province, is formed by the Belmonte Mezzagno, Misilmeri, Bolognetta, Baucina, Ciminna and Villafrati families. In the 1980s members of this territory, like the brothers Alfredo and Giuseppe Bono from Bolognetta village, were very active in international drug trafficking and involved in several operations including the famous 'Pizza Connection'

I think the madamento was wrong, but I think you definitely have the family correct.....
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

yes the right mandamento is belmonte mezzagno/misilmeri
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

NickleCity wrote:
antimafia wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:04 am
I cross-posted this to the Gangster BB board:

James Dubro is quoted as saying in the article to which I’ve linked below that the underboss of the Buffalo Family would have had to approve the hit on Angelo Musitano (killed May 2017). This has knowledgeable readers like us confused because we know that Domenico Violi was heard saying on wiretaps in October/November 2017 that he had just become underboss.

UNDERWORLD GTA: Drugs, guns, murder and revenge served cold

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... rved-cold/

Just reread the article. Is it my or does the author make it sound like the Violi’s were behind the hits on Nicolo and Nick Rizzuto Jr?

”But much of the blood-letting goes back to bloodshed in Montreal.

On Jan. 22, 1978, Paolo Violi had his brains blown out after being invited to play cards at a bar he used to own.

The weapon was a lupara, a sawed-off shotgun and the traditional Sicilian weapon of choice for the settling of gangland accounts.

It may have taken years but the Violi family were not going to let sleeping dogs lie.

On Dec. 28, 2009, Nicolo Rizzuto Jr. was gunned down in Montreal, followed by his brother-in-law and consigliere, Paolo Renda, on May 20, 2010.

Renda did the Houdini and cops believe he’s dead.

And finally, the clock ticked midnight for the old man.

Nicolo Rizzuto, 85, was killed by a sniper who parked a slug in the ageing Don on Nov. 10, 2010.

And with that, the bloodletting spread to southern Ontario, ...”

Did anyone else read it like that, or am I in left field? 

Also, about the Iavarone murder, the article suggests Al had ties to a couple of those who are wanted/arrested for the Musitano hit. I find that tidbit interesting. Hunter writes:

“While Iavarone didn’t have a criminal record, he had connections to two of the alleged hitters in the Musitano murder plot.”

Is that Musitano retaliation for Ang’s murder and Al was taken out because he was close to the “hitters”? This makes sense if the Musitanos aren’t under the Buffalo flag.

The O’Riley article does indicates it was revenge:

The ties between these murders are impossible to miss. It evokes an obvious question: Was Iavarone's murder revenge?

It's something we're conscious of," says Hamilton police major crime Det. Sgt. Peter Thom, the case manager for both homicide investigations. "If it is tit for tat ... then a message has been sent to the Iavarones or whoever they're involved with."

Or is something else going on here... like Al knew too much about what happened because of his closeness to the “hitters” so Luppino/Violi/Buffalo had him offed? 

Doesn’t that make more sense if the Musitanos are under Buffalo? Otherwise they are making an insanctioned hit in revenge on their own family. 

Probably reading too much into it, but those are the questions that crossed my mind. Thoughts?
The similarity of the hit suggests revenge. This doesn't mean the Musitanos can't be part of Buffalo. Rizzuto was officially a Bonanno yet he killed off other Bonanno members as part of his revenge. He may have even tried to kill Montagna if the latter wasn't killed by Desjardins. 

Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:08 am Lastly ( for now, lol) I mean, I can understand the idea that, just because a relative, father, whatever was ndrangheta, it doesnt automatically make all the relatives ndrangheta. But keeping that same energy, I cant go with the assumption that every Italian criminal in Canada is a Bonanno, cause they planted a flag there in the late 70s.
You are definitely correct that the Musitanos are and have been said to be Ndrangheta. My point is that maybe that is not the case In this day and age. They were involved in the murder of a Buffalo capo. And now the murder and threat of murder of the Musitanos is possibly sanctioned by the Buffalo or Bonanno Families just makes me speculate that they could be LCN. Even the Buffalo is dead people aren't saying every Canadian mobster has to be Bonanno. There is also Ndrangheta and Sicilian lcn plus Buffalo. I just don't see where the American LCN Families would sanction the murder of Ndrangheta members.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

I don't think the younger Musitano (like Pat and Ang) were buffalo guys, simply because they were looked after by the Rizzuto organization in his plan to expand into Ontario. It seems that they were a seperate organization, maybe ndrangheta, or just a seperate, mostly calabrians crime group, and that Pat was made under the Rizzuto regime but started doing his own thing after he got out of jail.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Moscone65 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:30 pm I don't think the younger Musitano (like Pat and Ang) were buffalo guys, simply because they were looked after by the Rizzuto organization in his plan to expand into Ontario. It seems that they were a seperate organization, maybe ndrangheta, or just a seperate, mostly calabrians crime group, and that Pat was made under the Rizzuto regime but started doing his own thing after he got out of jail.
Yes all that could definitely be possible. It has always been said they carried the Papalia hit out for Vito Rizzuto. But it has come up lately that it could have been a Buffalo ordered hit. But isn't it interesting that the implicated killers had ties to Fernandez.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

I mean the killers of Angelo Musitano
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Frank wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:50 pm
Moscone65 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:30 pm I don't think the younger Musitano (like Pat and Ang) were buffalo guys, simply because they were looked after by the Rizzuto organization in his plan to expand into Ontario. It seems that they were a seperate organization, maybe ndrangheta, or just a seperate, mostly calabrians crime group, and that Pat was made under the Rizzuto regime but started doing his own thing after he got out of jail.
Yes all that could definitely be possible. It has always been said they carried the Papalia hit out for Vito Rizzuto. But it has come up lately that it could have been a Buffalo ordered hit. But isn't it interesting that the implicated killers had ties to Fernandez.
Exactly, it's all such a big complicated web. Most likely involving falling outs, betrayal, side switching and so on.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Maybe Ranieri fell out of favor with Rizzuto. Could be that he was pissed after Rizzuto clipped joe. Also, the Rizzuto's didn't really seem to have as much of a connection with the musitanos as of late, it was more in the 2000's than 2010's. Maybe there wasn't that connection anymore, and another group used ranieri and his pals as hired guns, or maybe Ranieri joined in with the buffalo/Hamilton group after the Rizzuto group lost some of their influence. Lots of possiblities.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

NickleCity wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:03 pm
antimafia wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:04 am I cross-posted this to the Gangster BB board:

James Dubro is quoted as saying in the article to which I’ve linked below that the underboss of the Buffalo Family would have had to approve the hit on Angelo Musitano (killed May 2017). This has knowledgeable readers like us confused because we know that Domenico Violi was heard saying on wiretaps in October/November 2017 that he had just become underboss.

UNDERWORLD GTA: Drugs, guns, murder and revenge served cold

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... rved-cold/
Just reread the article. Is it my or does the author make it sound like the Violi’s were behind the hits on Nicolo and Nick Rizzuto Jr?
”But much of the blood-letting goes back to bloodshed in Montreal.

On Jan. 22, 1978, Paolo Violi had his brains blown out after being invited to play cards at a bar he used to own.

The weapon was a lupara, a sawed-off shotgun and the traditional Sicilian weapon of choice for the settling of gangland accounts.

It may have taken years but the Violi family were not going to let sleeping dogs lie.

On Dec. 28, 2009, Nicolo Rizzuto Jr. was gunned down in Montreal, followed by his brother-in-law and consigliere, Paolo Renda, on May 20, 2010.

Renda did the Houdini and cops believe he’s dead.

And finally, the clock ticked midnight for the old man.

Nicolo Rizzuto, 85, was killed by a sniper who parked a slug in the ageing Don on Nov. 10, 2010.

And with that, the bloodletting spread to southern Ontario, ...”
Did anyone else read it like that, or am I in left field?

Also, about the Iavarone murder, the article suggests Al had ties to a couple of those who are wanted/arrested for the Musitano hit. I find that tidbit interesting. Hunter writes:
“While Iavarone didn’t have a criminal record, he had connections to two of the alleged hitters in the Musitano murder plot.”
Is that Musitano retaliation for Ang’s murder and Al was taken out because he was close to the “hitters”? This makes sense if the Musitanos aren’t under the Buffalo flag.

The O’Riley article does indicates it was revenge:
The ties between these murders are impossible to miss. It evokes an obvious question: Was Iavarone's murder revenge?

It's something we're conscious of," says Hamilton police major crime Det. Sgt. Peter Thom, the case manager for both homicide investigations. "If it is tit for tat ... then a message has been sent to the Iavarones or whoever they're involved with."
Or is something else going on here... like Al knew too much about what happened because of his closeness to the “hitters” so Luppino/Violi/Buffalo had him offed?

Doesn’t that make more sense if the Musitanos are under Buffalo? Otherwise they are making an insanctioned hit in revenge on their own family.

Probably reading too much into it, but those are the questions that crossed my mind. Thoughts?
Nickle City, I have always believed that the Violi brothers were involved in the killing of the Rizzuto's.
The Rizzuto's killed their fathers/uncles- all of them. They waited until the circumstances and local
landscape suited the acts of revenge. They did it.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'