Best Hits of all time In Your Opinion

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Confederate
Full Patched

Re: Best Hits of all time In Your Opinion

Post by Confederate »

Also, talk about brazen, even though it was a long long time ago, the St. Valentine's Day Massacre has got to rank up near the top. Guys dressed like Cops and lining up people against a wall and shooting them is about as brazen as anything ever done.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Confederate wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:12 pm Also, talk about brazen, even though it was a long long time ago, the St. Valentine's Day Massacre has got to rank up near the top. Guys dressed like Cops and lining up people against a wall and shooting them is about as brazen as anything ever done.
Def ahead of its time
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Adam wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:00 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:47 pm Id say the Castellano and Bilotti murders, joe scopo’s murder, and salvie testa’s hit. All of those hits were out of Hollywood.
I don't know. The Testa hit really isn't any different than hundreds of others we know about. Guy gets set up to attend a meeting by associate and gets killed when he gets there and gets dumped by the side of a road. Nothing particularly unusual about it.
What rly makes the hit stand out is the motive. Thats what rly interests me. Nicky whacked salvie for no good reason. Salvie was loyal, a good earner, and was very tough. And still he got whacked. Probably out of jealousy. Usually with most hits, there’s a good reason for the murder. But not with salvie. The whole bizarre scenario could be from a Hollywood script.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Hellboy
Honorary Member

Post by Hellboy »

We don't know the motive, for salvias murder. Two previous bosses got hit before nicky became boss. Sylvie backed out of a wedding with the underboss's daughter. That right there was a death sentence. I'm sure nicky saw him as a threat also, but you really cant blame him for being paranoid and taking the offensive
Super
Straightened out

Post by Super »

Roy demeo betrayed by his crew and crime family.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

slimshady_007 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:53 pm
Adam wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:00 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:47 pm Id say the Castellano and Bilotti murders, joe scopo’s murder, and salvie testa’s hit. All of those hits were out of Hollywood.
I don't know. The Testa hit really isn't any different than hundreds of others we know about. Guy gets set up to attend a meeting by associate and gets killed when he gets there and gets dumped by the side of a road. Nothing particularly unusual about it.
What rly makes the hit stand out is the motive. Thats what rly interests me. Nicky whacked salvie for no good reason. Salvie was loyal, a good earner, and was very tough. And still he got whacked. Probably out of jealousy. Usually with most hits, there’s a good reason for the murder. But not with salvie. The whole bizarre scenario could be from a Hollywood script.
According to Nick Caramandi, Salvie Testa was wacked because he backed out of the wedding to Chuckie Merlino's daughter. Chuckie Merlino even gave Salvie the kiss of death. The wedding had all been planned, the invitations sent out and the newspapers had already talked about it. It was considered the ultimate insult to Merlino (the Underboss) and to his daughter.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

TwoPiece wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:40 pm
DPG wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:39 am Personally, and this may sound stupid, but the Costello hit has always stood out to me. I mean it got the job done and the worst thing that happened was a scratch on Frank's head and an attempted murder charge that went no where. All in all it worked out favorably for everyone involved, even Frank.
I would say it was definitely favorable to Frank in the sense that he didn't get his brains blown out all over that lobby :lol:

My point exactly. Frank didn't die in jail either.
I get it....first rule of fight club.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Galante hit without a doubt, both politically and the murder itself. Despite not being the "official" boss, Galante looks to have had the majority of the family behind him or too scared to challenge him. They were able to pull in support and participation from a few different factions in the family, all of them treacherous, including the "zip" faction who were at their peak under Galante's influence. That they were able to come together and take out three guys at once took a great degree of planning and luck, not to mention having everything in place to settle the dust afterward. If that hit had gone wrong we would be reading today about a full-blown war in the Bonanno family in 1979 instead of the "war by installment" that went down in the 1980s.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

B. wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:23 pm Galante hit without a doubt, both politically and the murder itself. Despite not being the "official" boss, Galante looks to have had the majority of the family behind him or too scared to challenge him. They were able to pull in support and participation from a few different factions in the family, all of them treacherous, including the "zip" faction who were at their peak under Galante's influence. That they were able to come together and take out three guys at once took a great degree of planning and luck, not to mention having everything in place to settle the dust afterward. If that hit had gone wrong we would be reading today about a full-blown war in the Bonanno family in 1979 instead of the "war by installment" that went down in the 1980s.
All that and the cigar still in his mouth is classic